Sling

moscow embassy affidavis of support

8 posts in this topic

For K1 fiancee visa...in moscow embassy

What is really needed to prove that?

My attorney told me you need a letter from bank stating, how much i have, how much on average a month i have depoisted past 12 months OR my past 12 months of statements. Also my W2 stuff and 1040.

I thought they also need a letter about my employment and pay stubs?

My attorney doesn't want that.... what's up with that...

Edited by Sling

Vermont Service Center...

- Aug 14th - I-129F Arrived

- Aug 15 - NOA1

- Aug 17th - Check cashed

- Aug 18th - touched

- Aug 24th - touched

- Aug 29th - touched!

- Sept 1st - touched??

- Sept 1st - approved little later after being touched!!

- Sept 2nd - touched - sent stuff to NVC?

- Sept 6th - NVC Received my case

- Sept 12th - petition forwarded to embassy

- Sept 14th - embassy receives it

- Dec.. - passes interview! .. Arrived to the US!

- Jan 15th - got married in vegas!!

- Jan 26th - went to SS office to apply and change last name

- Feb 8th - Received SS card with new last name!

- Feb 19th - Chicago received my application - delivered

- End of May Interview

- Less than 2 weeks later. Green card in the mail!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

At my girls interview they never looked at the bank info, but they took the IRS tax return transcript and really wanted an employment letter. My fiancee explained I was self employed, and they said OK, but they still would have liked a letter about it anyway.

Be careful with that attorney....you need to look out for yourself. Read my post about our interview from March 17th this year and you will know what they wanted from us.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, you should have three recent pay stubs and a letter from your employer outlinging your job, title, duties, pay and prospects for continued employment.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

All I provided was

1. A letter from my employer that stated monthly salary and how long I have been employed there.

2. Letter from my bank stating the current balance and how long the acount has been open.

3. A copy of Last years tax return

We had no problems

The important thing is simply to provide evidence to back up what you put on the affidavit of support.

This is in addition of course to proving that you make the required amount over the poverty level.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
For K1 fiancee visa...in moscow embassy

What is really needed to prove that?

My attorney told me you need a letter from bank stating, how much i have, how much on average a month i have depoisted past 12 months OR my past 12 months of statements. Also my W2 stuff and 1040.

I thought they also need a letter about my employment and pay stubs?

My attorney doesn't want that.... what's up with that...

Why are you dealing with a lawyer?

Anyway - the requirements for the AOS are pretty clear. Read the instructions for the form. Missed it? Read it again.

Good luck!

AKdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Why are you dealing with a lawyer?
Perhaps he prefers delays and likes to pay an extra $2000+ to have someone else fillout and mail out the forms?

My guess is as good as anyone elses.

I suppose if the lawyer really botches things up then he at least has a possible malpractice action while we have no none to blame for our RFE/denial.

Because using a lawyer is "easier."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I had no tax docs available for my wife's interview. No bank statements.

1. Certified copies of 1.5 years paypal deposits (from computer printer) - 1/2" thick stack, every page notarized.

2. Copies of 1 years worth of check stubs prior to getting paid thru paypal.

3. Letter from employer.

Flew thru interview no problems.

The 'stuff', when it is all wrapped up and official looking, along with the blue lawyer pages seems to have an effect.

Now if I would've had my act together at the time I probably would not have used one. But I didn't, so I did.

Edited by rushter

Yes Red Foreman, call me a dumbass

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.