TJ01212011

March 2011 Filers..

1,983 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Thanks and to you too. Hope all goes well, dog included. Moving to England seems like the best options for now.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

I found a cruise ship that will go to New York from England, she said she was open to that idea cause the dog will be taken care of and we have daily access to visit the dog. The cruise takes 7 days.

I don't know if you are the petitioner or beneficiary in your case. But if the petitioner feels the embassies decision on the AP was wrong then they should find out the congressman for the US district they live in, or their senator and ask them to look into it. Believe me they have some authority in DOS / Visa matters. They have their own websites. Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looky - Hello once again. It has been awhile since got on to VJ due to family medical issues, work, computer access issues, much more, life in gneral. All OK now. I agree with you, it is far better to look ahead and not dwell on the past (much/most of our stories are on this thread, anyway, for those who have time to follow the sagas!). So, looking ahead: Yes, cruise ship sounds like good idea. Time to visit with each other, too! To bring you up-to-date as far as Inday and myself: another many months away from Inday last summer and into the fall on work associated trip. While I was on trip, Inday got her driver's license; Yeah!!! On my return from work trip, I was hired into non-travel position within my office. Means much less pay but means no more long periods of separation for Inday and I. Immigration associated paperwork continued until about June of last year. Enjoying a little break from it all, although within the next half year have to start seriously preparing paperwork for ROC (removal of conditions). So, that's the latest for us in a nutshell. Glad to hear your fiance doing better and continuing to send best wishes and continuing prayers for happy chapters to add to your own story. I admire your "stick-to-it-ivness" but I agree [paraphrasing] doing so can only stregthen your relationship. Best wishes, my friend. --RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

RK, nice to hear from you and glad to hear all those issues are over for you and all is ok now yes.gif . Glad you two will now have a chance to be together more often and Inday can chauffeur you around for a change! tongue.png Well the cruise ship was a thought but I think it won't work out for us. There's only one that takes dogs however it takes 7 days to go from Southern England to New York, and the dog mostly stays in its little kennel, there's some play time and you can go be with the dog but not allowed in your room. If it was allowed in the room Loreta would have been thrilled about the idea. But we're planning on the marriage route now, IR1/CR1 instead of K1. The K1 would have been faster but Loreta seems to have blocked the memory of Cyprus from her mind and that's like 7 years of her life. That fact makes me a little uneasy about the K1 interview. I mean like what if some question comes up in the conversation about Cyprus and she cannot say anything about it? Loreta's never had any success in convincing people that she lost her memory of anything. Once you're married the interview process would no longer be about proving how you met, and that we actually want to get married, It would just be about proving that we have a relationship like a married couple. So that's the plan now, this summer she and I get married in England! kicking.gif Well there's no choice on the "stick-to-it-ivness" she's the only one. Besides the best things in life, I've found, are those that you've had to work really really hard for. Take care, my friend.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Looky: preparation, persistence---and a whole lot of patience. I have decided that is the mantra for this visa journey for those of us that are on this road. Hmmmm, a good phrase to remember for life in general. You and your fiance are certainly living proof of the value of these approaches. I seem to remember awhile back you were considering getting marriend and not having to deal with the K1. Your point about the K1 interview being a little "iffy" is a very good point. I hadn't thought about that. Although I feel badly for your fiance's memory loss I am very glad that she found it in herself to trust you and you both have chosen to walk onwards in unslefish love (agape). Which brings up another acronym that you two exemplify: ACCT = Agape, Commitment, Communication, Trust which I have come to believe and understand is the foundation for any valuable and lasting relationship. Looking forward to hearing a happy and exciting chapter in both your lives this year and thereafter. I am here, rooting you on!!!!! --RK

K-1
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

• 2 months later...

RK, finally I'm getting back to responding. I got busy with a bunch of things and you know how it goes ... Wow thanks for all the praise and support of Loreta's and my relationship and the ACCT acronym and all! ACCT describes it perfectly! :) We're moving ahead with the marriage plans for about 2 months from now.

I think you and Inday must be getting finished with the ROC and hopefully both of you are doing well. But you know in life it never stops, you may be at the end of on stage but there's always another stage waiting. The way to go is to enjoy the journey to the goals, as the goal posts will keep moving and/or the goals will keep changing! ;)

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Looky,

Yes, do know how it goes. Good to hear from you and you are welcome for the ACCT acronym. You must be getting pretty close to marriage date. Hows that and all else going. Inday and I submit ROC at beginning of 2015. Agreed is to enjoy the journey! Looking forward to your next communique...

-RK

K-1

AOS

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS

• 1 month later...

RK, how's it going? I purposely didn't post until it happened for real and not just another Boy who cried wolf story! Well we did it, Loreta and I, we are married!!! :dance::dance::dance:

July 26th 2014 was the date. Actually I got a scary thought 3 weeks ago after we had scheduled the marriage with the registry and planned out all the dates and everything. I read something on the net about UK requiring you to get a 'Marriage Visitor Visa'. I was like, nooo way this can't be happening! :no: I called the marriage registry and they said they don't check and don't care how you get in the country. So my hopes were back up again! :D But then I looked at the VJ site and none of it cheered me up except for one post that said those rules were changed in 2012 or so. I looked at UKs border guard site and it said the visa was required! :bonk: But then the Visa itself said it wasn't for people in transit to another country :rolleyes: But actually maybe that works cause I go to UK stay for 8 days with Loreta to give me the 7 day residence there so we can give the registry the marriage notice. Then there's a 15 day waiting period so we plan 11 days in Latvia. Then we come back to the UK and get married and then I have to go back to US to get to my job. So you know what I would say I am there in transit! :dance:

But in any case I decided best to keep it quiet, and say nothing about marriage to the border guards cause it seems they're not quite sure of the rules themselves so who am I to sway their minds. Anyway I told them the truth, was staying in UK for about a week and a half and the going to Latvia with my friend and then returning to go back to the US. Anyway no problem with the guards and the marriage and all the timing of the trip and all went like clock work :dance: So now to enjoy the moment and deal with the other details and more details when I feel like it! B-)

Hope all's well on your end!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Wow Looky! so I'm confused.. you are now married? Is Loreta with you?

... this is exciting !!

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Hi Andie, nice to hear from you! Yes we are married now, but no, unfortunately Loreta is still in England. The details I was mentioning was about now getting set to prepare for the IR1 / CR1 process to get her a Visa.

We gave up on Cyprus, she still doesn't remember Cyprus. So even doing the K-1 was sketchy cause she lived so long in Cyprus. So I decided that I'm tired of going through a process where I need to prove we have a relationship. So now we only have to prove that we have a real married relationship.

I had tried initially to get the K-1 case transferred to London but then it seemed to have gotten there but then they sent it back to USCIS in the 'Post Decision Activity' state. Now I sent my Local USCIS office a letter telling them, with proof, that we are married now so we need to cancel the K-1 case.

How are you Andie? I hope you are seeing some light in whatever peace you are now searching for. Take Care and best wishes!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 7 months later...

Hey everybody, I wanted to congratulate Andie on her NOA2! Since this is the forum she started the K1 process in. Wow 4 years and she finally got through after her fiancé had to refile for her twice and the NOA2 comes after the July 2014 refiling.

So congratulations Andie, you too finally have the chance to be together, after already knowing him for nearly a lifetime. Hopefully the New Zealand embassy process is quick and easy now after al this!!! :dance::dance::dance:

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Thanks so much Looky...

After lost files..papers .. delays we finally got the illusive NOA2 and have been forwarded to NVC. Just hoping it keeps moving quickly and that being the case will be at my embassy in another week or two; fortunately things move quickly then and no lengthy waiting time for the interview. After everything we have been through I am still nervous but just so excited to be able to think of finally being allowed to get on with our lives together. I will keep you informed from here.. the trail has been so stressful and distressing that I did drop out of this thread for some time while we continued to fight the fight.

My best wishes to you all.. now I know why it is called a journey - A

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi guys! It's been a while... :star: Andie, I just read your timeline - whow! You had to go through so much! So happy to hear you finally (!) got your NOA2! You two must be one strong couple deeply in love! I'm so very happy for you! I always say, love conquers all!

Looky, congrats to your marriage with Loretta! I wish you a smooth and quick CR-1 process!

Good to hear from my fellow march-2011 filers again! Wish you all the best!!

K1:

03/03/11 filed for K1

03/08/11 NOA1

06/06/11 NOA2

07/06/11 pack 3

07/22/11 pack 4

08/04/11 interview

08/10/11 visa in mail

AOS:

11/19/11 POE @ Seattle
12/08/11 Wedding heart.gif
01/11/12 filed for AOS/EAD/AP
01/17/12 NOA 1 (hardcopy)
02/08/12 biometrics
03/21/12 EAD/AP combo-card received // applied for SSN
03/22/12 AOS interview - approved! (after 2 month 11 days)
03/26/12 received "Welcome to the United States"-letter and SSN
03/30/12 GC in hands!!!

ROC:

01/04/14 filed for ROC

01/07/14 NOA 1

02/03/14 biometrics

04/17/14 approved

04/23/14 GC in hands

Citizenship:

02/24/15 BBG approved (permit to retain German citizenship)

04/15/15 N-400 filed

04/21/15 check cashed

04/24/15 NOA1 (priority date 04/16)

05/11/15 biometrics (early walk-in 05/04/15)

05/14/15 in-line for interview

10/17/15 interview letter in mail

11/17/15 interview

11/20/15 oath ceremony

I'm a U.S. citizen!

12/04/15 U.S. passport

Hi Zara! Nice to hear from you, I see you're just around the corner to getting citizenship, sounds like things are going well! Yes everything has gone pretty well for Loreta and I since she's been living in England, and I'm about to buy tickets to fly over there in mid May! We'll get the CR1 done, there's an old dog of an issue (literally) holding us back! :clock::rolleyes:<_< But we'll get there.

Yes I've been rooting for Andie, I know its been quite tough on her. But she's just a couple steps away from that promised land.

Take Care Zara!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Hi guys! It's been a while... :star: Andie, I just read your timeline - whow! You had to go through so much! So happy to hear you finally (!) got your NOA2! You two must be one strong couple deeply in love! I'm so very happy for you! I always say, love conquers all!

Looky, congrats to your marriage with Loretta! I wish you a smooth and quick CR-1 process!

Good to hear from my fellow march-2011 filers again! Wish you all the best!!

Thank you Zara ... it has been a terribly long journey, but we are almost there now.. I have had my medical etc.. just waiting for a few more documents so we can send them in and get an interview time. It is finally in sight.....

Hope things are going well for you too.. (F)

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.