TJ01212011

March 2011 Filers..

1,983 posts in this topic

Looky, Andie, everyone --

The Best is wished to all for this New Year!

Andie, I am so glad to hear that you and Kevin were able to see each other and spend some time together!! That is really, really neat! I am excited to hear that your motivation levels have increased substantially.

Looky, I am very sorry about the latest in you and your fiance's saga. Despite the obvious desire that her condition be better, I am glad to hear that things are not worse. That is good news that she is trusting enought to understand who you are. With the memory loss, how was it known she hit her head? Did someone find her and help her get to the doctor? It is good that she has you to guide her through this, even give her an anchor of sorts. Also, yes, it is good that you are continuing to consider alternative options and very good that options are available. Prayers still continuing...

Here, Inday and I are doing pretty good. My job took me overseas from September to December so that separation was difficult for us, especially for Inday. We had a very happy reunion just before Christmas, however! Now, Inday is still awaiting AOS results, has received work authorization (and is considering her options in this regard) and is still working on getting her driving learning permit and learning to drive [she never had to learn before because all kinds of public transportation was always so available in Philippines & Singapore]. Inday and I are both learning about being married which is quite an education in itself but a wonderful adventure :-)

Take care all, and once again, many good wishes extend to all for the coming new year...

--RK

Hi RK glad to hear you and Inday are doing well. I can imagine those 3 months you were away were quite tough for Inday, and especially cause she's used to a warmer climate. But its great thats over now!

Thanks for all your nice words. Yes what can I say, when you love someone you have to go through the ringer for them. Loreta's a tough woman, and been through a lot, She deserves better and its my real goal in life to give it to her. I've known her for more than 10 years now. I think what she's been going through this past year has probably got a lot to do with a middle age crisis, and some stress issues from her early days, like her constantly getting pneumonia in the past.

I suspected she got hit in the head somehow the day I was finally able to talk when she was finally able to answer her phone. She sounded, oh so terrible, groggy and tired and I think barely got to talk for a minute or 2 before I had to tell her to get some sleep. The night when she had this incident, she texted me that she is in the hospital. It turned out that she left her dog with her neighbor and telling her that she had to go to the hospital. Her neighbor brought Loreta back 5 days later. Well anyway this neighbor is now Loreta's roommate. Which is actually good cause I prefer Loreta not being alone in her current state.

The doctors at the hospital scanned her head and thats how they knew she hit her head. There's a little more, when she gets very stressed, or maybe its her minds last attempt to avoid getting sick. Her mind sometimes gets her into this sort of sleep walking state where all she wants to do is clean things. Unfortunately on that night in question she took a broom outside and got bitten by a dog. I know that sounds funny but its the truth. So far I've taken up learning a little hypnosis and I've tried 2 little things on her and actually they seem to work. So, since I'm the one who knows her better than anyone else I think I should take up the challenge to cure her of these issues, especially cause they're probably from long lingering issues that really need to be put to bed now.

Take Care, RK, and Andie's got her motivation back! Happy new year everybody!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Updates for you, RK and Andie. The doctors say Loreta still has some swelling in her head but its much better than before. I read on the net that blood flow to the head is another important factor for memory. So they did a test on her for blood flow and waiting for results, meanwhile they gave her medicine for that.

I'm hoping these next couple months will be break thru months for Andie and Kevin! RK, hopefully whatever you and Inday need to do for AOS are coming along. Good luck all!

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Thanks Looky... I'm hoping the same for you and Loreta.. that Loreta has the help she needs and is better soon. She is so lucky to have someone as devoted as you obviously are. Such a battle, but I know that when you know it is right... well, you just know.

The difficult part for me now is having just been together, I don't want the next phase to be too long. It's really tough right now. Hopefully things start to move soon.

RK... your time apart must have been difficult for you both. My best wishes for the 'here and now'. Hoping the best for you always. It's really comforting to get your messages A real reflection of your special character and sensitivity - much appreciated.

Looky, also, I value your ongoing support. I'm hoping for the very best result for you and Loreta and that things move forward from now on.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Thanks Looky... I'm hoping the same for you and Loreta.. that Loreta has the help she needs and is better soon. She is so lucky to have someone as devoted as you obviously are. Such a battle, but I know that when you know it is right... well, you just know.

The difficult part for me now is having just been together, I don't want the next phase to be too long. It's really tough right now. Hopefully things start to move soon.

RK... your time apart must have been difficult for you both. My best wishes for the 'here and now'. Hoping the best for you always. It's really comforting to get your messages A real reflection of your special character and sensitivity - much appreciated.

Looky, also, I value your ongoing support. I'm hoping for the very best result for you and Loreta and that things move forward from now on.

Thanks so much Andie, for your support also. Oh this is feeling like it may take some time. I remember that time when Loreta got that tick bite, and reading on the internet that sometimes people have relapses after they recover. Thats exactly how this feels. She got this tick bite in a forested park next to a zoo. A tick next to the zoo could be quite dangerous cause the tick could also have attached itself to animals.

Loreta's headaches are slowly getting better and now she can go without the headache pills. I have been thinking, and talking to Loreta about it, that I want to go see her in the next month or 2. Cause if her memory isn't back by then maybe it would be better to get married. The Cyprus embassy does allow Direct Consular filing in some cases and since we have gone through USCIS already, maybe they might allow that for us? I'll have to check with the embassy and see if thats possible.

In general I feel hopeful cause we are fixing a lot of the issues that got us in this tangled web, like her constant pneumonia from her childhood days and whatever bad things that did for menatally. Stay strong Andie, you and Kevin will get through these tough times. (F)

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lookie, Andie - How are things going/ progressing for you? Thank you for kind words.

Recently Inday overcame AOS hurdle; Inday received (conditional) permanent resident card in April. have a little bit of paperwork break until Removal of Conditons petition preparation about Autumn of 2014. Still working on other things (SS# for Inday--we've had hassles, delays; getting Inday's driver's learner's permit and teaching her to drive--very interesting for learner and teacher when learner has had absolutely zero pervious driving experience; Philippines paperwork items; more. It never ends.)

Thoughts and prayers continuing for you both.

--RK

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

• 2 months later...

Hey RK how are you doing? I just noticed your post on here! Wow how time flies! I imagine you've turned Inday into an expert driver by now?

Things are going surprisingly well considering .... Seven months since my last post and I've gone to see Loreta twice. The first time in England where she lives now, that was around March. She didn't quite remember me but had the feeling she knew me and we had a great two weeks!

I just got back from Latvia, about 2 weeks ago, where she and I took the same plane from Amsterdam and sat next to each other on the trip to and from her home town. We had been discussing either getting married in England. Now I've switched gears a little after emailing the Cyprus embassy to see if we can still possibly transfer our case to London. They sent me an OF-236 form to fill out and send to London to start the transfer of our case. I mailed it to London but I really don't know if its that simple, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I hear anything from them and I doubt communicating with them will be as quick and easy as it was with the CY Embassy.

Loreta seems like a new woman these days, like she's changed for the better. Don't know maybe she was going through a middle age crisis or something. Everything's gone pretty smoothly since she got to England. She still doesn't remember a lot from Cyprus, sort of like she's blocked that memory. There's no doubt now that she hit her head quite hard and she's very lucky! So I'm still hopeful we'll get something done.

Good luck to you and Inday! Take Care!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 4 months later...

Just closing this thread on a yippee yahoo note! The London Embassy did transfer my K1 visa case! Good riddance Cyprus embassy, and don't let the door hit you on your way out! devil.gif

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Just closing this thread on a yippee yahoo note! The London Embassy did transfer my K1 visa case! Good riddance Cyprus embassy, and don't let the door hit you on your way out! devil.gif

Seeing that your case went to Cyprus embassy in 2011 and now is transferring to London.....why has your petition / K1 not expired

after 3 years of floating without an interview ?

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Well the K1 petition was completed and approved at USCIS. As long as you stay active with the embassy they have to keep it open until you either get approved or denied the visa or tell them to close it. In my case I kept it going. Also I believe what the first Visa chief I dealt with created an incident, whether it was directly her fault or not, which could have got the embassy in trouble, if I had pursued that course.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

An approved petition has a 4 months validity and then it is up to the embassy to re validate it or not. In my case it was returned and expired
without re validating even though I stayed pro active during AP etc by emailing and keeping in contact. I guess yours did because there was no interview, still it amazes me that after 3 years they have not closed your case yet.

Good luck in London after your AP has completed ~

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

I'm sorry about your case. I am the petitioner and my fiancée was living in 'South Cyprus'. I don't really know but for sure they were getting the full brunt force of my emails. My fiancé also was quite sick at times, lost her memory also and that visa chief sending a thug 'investigator' to knock on her door and interrogate her abusively did not help. It was not at all her fault that she couldn't attend the interview, and I for sure let them know it.

Thanks we should do well, the ceac.state.gov site already has our status as 'Ready'.

P.S. Just for the record, It was more like 2 years and 3 months.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Perhaps you had medical records from her doctor to proof that memory loss ? That would definitely help. Otherwise they may see it as a

possibility that she does not want to interview and just milk you for continuous support instead without intending to immigrate.

They are well aware that many women string several USC along like that, coming up with excuses to interview, so evidence would help.

What was their response when you told them about the method of the the "investigator" ?

Hope all goes well for you both in London.

Spoiler

Thanks for the concern Ebunoluwa but don't really want to talk about this stuff anymore. The Visa lady's, and I use the term loosely, communication through emails was more like how dare you accuse us of this we don't do those kind of things. But of course every time I mentioned that the guy knocked on her new door a week after we faxed them my fiancées new address, the emails coming back seemed like she was shouting at me that she doesn't like me accusing them. The guy that knocked on my fiancees door was telling her he was from the embassy and he said he knew who I was and told her my name. He was looking through all her papers. She realized later that he stole her police report from Cyprus and the one from her home country. Whats really whacky is that the police report he stole was dated 5/2011 was the one that the police station gave us just recently when she kept requesting a police report.

So I think it was actually some crooked cop high up in authority. I wouldn't doubt it if this guy has some sort of connection to the embassy. That's the only thing which would explain the leak of the information we faxed to the embassy leaking right to this cop. How the heck did he know my name?

He asked her if he could check her bedroom. She told him to leave. He left but insisting that she would be sorry for this. Her interview was the next week but he and his thugs grabbed her when she went outside and let her go on the Monday after her Friday interview.

By the way this wasn't the first time this guy attempted to knock on her door. The Visa lady admitted that they sent somebody the first time. My fiancée wasn't at home but this guy threatened her neighbors and for sure put some fear into my fiancées friend. I would say this was the same guy.

***********************************************************************************************

But like I said I don't care about this stuff anymore. Also I've known my fiancée for 12 years and personally know quite well about her health issues and memory loss issues and chose to pursue the relationship anyway. She's my best friend and nothings going to separate us even if I have to live in England. These aren't excuses she's just got very stressed in Cyprus and that doesn't help her health wise.

In general the Cyprus embassy responded to all my questions, requests and comments. They also gave me the form for the transfer and did tell me that all my files were transferred. I wonder if they send that giant stack of emails of our conversations, well don't know. At this point don't care, what will be will be and I put up my fight.

Thanks, take care.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Home investigations do happen. Even during AOS after arriving here I know of several members posting about investigators

coming to the home and asking to see the bedroom, the closets and yes...even the dirty laundry. They look for another person living

there if they suspect a sham marriage.
I don't understand why or who took the police report and why they took her.... that is bizarre. That does not sound like the embassy.

Was she there with a residential permit or was it the Cypriot immigration doing that ?

We had quite a bit of trouble with everything also but not to this extend.
Denied after 16 months of AP.
I respect your wish not to discuss this further.
12 years...that is a very long time and I hope you will be reunited soon.

Yes, they send everything on to the transfer embassy. Everything plus personal CO notes will be data shared.

Spoiler

She has a EU passport. There was some policeman that wanted to marry her long time ago, even though he was married. She told me she didn't want to marry him. I believe it was some sort of mess like this. Seems like somebody had it in for her and didn't want her to leave the country.

Right now don't know it could be all for NOT. Her dog is getting old and the vet says that the dog may die on a trip to the U.S. The dog means a lot to her so pursuing the K1 may not happen. So it remains to be seen what we do from here, a thought to abandon the relationship does cross my mind, but I don't like that thought an all.

Denied after 16 months is very rough. I'm sorry to hear that. Cyprus is a rough embassy because of the North Cyprus / South Cyprus conflict. I wish I had some words to say but its beyond my understanding. Good luck to you.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.