kristen_maroc

Happy stories of American women +Moroccan husbands

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey y'all,

There seems to be a lot of fraud, based on some of the topics lately. Those of you who have been in a longer-term marriage, please post your stories?! I need a pick me up and some cheerleading... this process is hard and to keep reading over and over again about things that have not worked out is just demoralizing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey y'all,

There seems to be a lot of fraud, based on some of the topics lately. Those of you who have been in a longer-term marriage, please post your stories?! I need a pick me up and some cheerleading... this process is hard and to keep reading over and over again about things that have not worked out is just demoralizing.

AGREED! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

AGREED! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Tany! I have a friend who married her Moroccan husband literally, 6 or 7 days after you last year. She's gone through a lot of what you have, looking at your timeline. :) Good luck!

Edited by k in morocco

Timeline

Tany! I have a friend who married her Moroccan husband literally, 6 or 7 days after you last year. She's gone through a lot of what you have, looking at your timeline. :) Good luck!

Thanks a lot! We are pretty darn optimistic this time around. Where are you in the process?

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Engaged, sent off I-129F, waiting. Waiting. Waiting. :)

It's okay though. It's worth it. :)

Did you do direct consular filing? Seems like you've been living in Morocco for 4 years, and would qualify for DCF. I think those cases usually go more quickly than others.

hmmm, not alot of American with Moroccan wanna tell their stories......start a topic of negativity and you can have 7 pages in an hour.

guess not alot of good stories out there!! or perhaps.....they are too happy to write in this forum - as a previous VJer wrote.

Erase the image on how you thought your life would turn out- and start living the life you are living!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh, and I should add that I really hate posts that sound like gushing or bragging, it's just not my style. So that was hard for me to write, even with all of the quaIifications on my happiness. :P If others are like me, that might be one reason why you don't see a lot of "happy stories" around here.

Don't know that I can qualify yet.

We've been in a relationship for 3 years; married for two; he's been here under a year.

I think we're normal as any two people in this situation can be. We both started in the process a little older than most seem to have started. He was right around 40, and I'm a few years younger than he is. He had a comfortable life in Morocco, and I had a comfortable life here, and now we're trying to build a comfortable life together.

It takes patience, and compromise.

There are great moments & moments where I think, oh my gosh, I'm such a mean b$tch I don't know how he stands me or oh my gosh, he's such a pain, how do I stand him!?!?. But there's that in any marriage, and as I posted somewhere else, I think the biggest downfalls in a lot of marriages are not recognizing before hand how much effort needs to be put in. As Jenn said, the cultural differences increase the amount of effort needed.

So, are we happy? Pretty much, yes.

Are there moments I fantasize about single life? Yup

Are there moments he wants to be on the first plane to Morocco and away from me? Yup.

Is that normal? Yup.

So, that's our story in a nutshell. Happy for the most part, and putting the work in to be happy more often than not! :star:

Thanks for the good wishes for everyone Jenn. It was nice to read your post.

Edited by msheesha

Timeline

In June my husband and I will celebrate our 5th wedding Anniversary. He's only been in the US with me a little over 3 yrs though. We spent 6 mos in AP. Anyway, we've had our ups and downs too. Sometimes it seems to be a cultural misunderstanding and sometimes it's not. My children from my previous marriage were 18, 13 and 12 when he arrived. He doesn't have any children and had never been married. Often I have to remind myself that he's a long way from home living with a ready made family that don't always understand his ways. All in all I think he's adapted quite well.

Timeline

Oh, and I should add that I really hate posts that sound like gushing or bragging, it's just not my style. So that was hard for me to write, even with all of the quaIifications on my happiness. :P If others are like me, that might be one reason why you don't see a lot of "happy stories" around here.

I'm like this too. Jenn......your post didn't sound like you were bragging, it sounded very honest. :)

Timeline

My husband and I have been married for almost 3 1/2 years now. He's been here for almost 2 years. I would say that we are a success. I love my life with my husband even through the hard times. I believe we compliment each other very nicely and even with different cultures we try to keep our marriage first above anything else. Because of the time we spent apart physically we were able to grow our communication skills. I feel that communication is one of our best qualities.

Timeline

Although I have been in the "fraud" posts my story is a happy one. We have been together for 6 years married for 5. We met in Marrakech when I was on vacation with my dad and sister. After a year of visits and processing our visa was granted. The first 2 years were probably the hardest of my life, with a lot of adjustments on both of our parts. Some were cultural, some were oldest child/youngest child dynamics (me being an oldest child, him being the baby of 9!) Things are looking up now as I am making a go of my career and he's finally at a point where he has made the US home and isn't always holding on to moving back to Morocco (and holding back in life here). Certainly he gave up seeing his family all the time to move here, but we have both come to realize that we have BOTH given up a lot for each other and worked towards making a life together instead of focusing on what we've lost in the process. Those months of waiting were hard but life together is a lot harder in many ways. I love him dearly and am happy that we pulled through the really rough times but God forbid something ever happened to him I would never go through this process again!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Although I have been in the "fraud" posts my story is a happy one. We have been together for 6 years married for 5. We met in Marrakech when I was on vacation with my dad and sister. After a year of visits and processing our visa was granted. The first 2 years were probably the hardest of my life, with a lot of adjustments on both of our parts. Some were cultural, some were oldest child/youngest child dynamics (me being an oldest child, him being the baby of 9!) Things are looking up now as I am making a go of my career and he's finally at a point where he has made the US home and isn't always holding on to moving back to Morocco (and holding back in life here). Certainly he gave up seeing his family all the time to move here, but we have both come to realize that we have BOTH given up a lot for each other and worked towards making a life together instead of focusing on what we've lost in the process. Those months of waiting were hard but life together is a lot harder in many ways. I love him dearly and am happy that we pulled through the really rough times but God forbid something ever happened to him I would never go through this process again!

I think I should get advice from you - he's the oldest, and I'm the youngest of a large family! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.