claytlin

What do we do now ?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We got our K-1 Approved yesterday and i had a few question. This site as been a life Saviour from the start

1. What happens now ? When should i call NVC?

2. When do i get a new receipt number ?

3. I am confused about the whole DHL process, i read about it but not sure how that works ?

4. Anyone do a K-1 with the Chennai consulate lately ? More info will be appreciated thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got approved on Feb 16th and I called the NVC today and they still don't have me in the system.

Thats your first step, wait a week or so, maybe even 2 at this point then call them. They will give you your case number and tell you if it has been sent to your consulate yet.

After that I'm not sure for you as some of the consulates do things differently. I personally am going through Montreal which is notoriously slow =(

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Filed: Timeline

We got our K-1 Approved yesterday and i had a few question. This site as been a life Saviour from the start

1. What happens now ? When should i call NVC?

2. When do i get a new receipt number ?

3. I am confused about the whole DHL process, i read about it but not sure how that works ?

4. Anyone do a K-1 with the Chennai consulate lately ? More info will be appreciated thank you

Wait a week and then call NVC and they will provide you the NEW CASE NUMBER, A week after that it should leave for the destination embassy. Call them again and find out when exactly it left for the embassy and then lets say if they say it left Mar 3rd(just an example) then go to DHL site and put in the reference number EXP 02 MAR 2011A and you will see a list of packets leaving just find the one for your embassy

Edited by Journey2USC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

NVC

603-334-0700

Once your case leaves NVC, start calling the DOS.

DOS (Department of State)

202-663-1225

The DOS will tell you when the embassy has received your case and if their is an interview date.

*****Sorry, I gave the wrong number and couldn't edit. Hope I didn't confuse you.

Edited by Joyjoy

02iqn7wnr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.