toloquta

Medical History required for K1 Visa Medical Exam

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We received our NOA1 a few weeks ago so we still have time to spare but I want to make sure my fiancée has all the proper medical history paper work when it comes time for her medical exam in Montreal. She's not currently taking any medications but has taken some in the past for mental health issues. I don't know all the specifics but it was basically depression. I'm not sure if she was ever formally diagnosed and if so with what but one doc might have suggested it was border line personality disorder or something similar to that. She is only 24 and until we met she was kind of lost looking for her path in life. I think she just grew out of those problems most of which occurred during adolescence. She was also having some nutritional issues that might have been contributing to these problems which have been eliminated after switching to a gluten free diet. Do they ask about allergies? If you say you have an allergy to something like gluten do they require you to present a formal diagnosis just because you mention it?

Do we need track down these doctors which she hasn't seen for years and may not even remember the names of to get some kind of "all-clear"? I don't want to get into a situation where she fails the medical exam due to lack of paper work on a past condition and we have to wait months to schedule an appointment with the doctor. Maybe she needs to be re-evaluated by a new doctor just to make sure we satisfy the medical inspector? Does the medical inspector have access to her health history if so, we would really like to have access to the same information to make sure there isn't anything that sticks out from her childhood or teenage years which we need to have reassessed.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences? Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask about your medical history? I just want to take advantage of the free time while we are waiting for our NOA2 to clear up anything before it becomes a problem later in the process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey,

I think they only really need your medical history for vaccination history, so I wouldnt worry too much about the medical history.

K-1 Visa

Engaged 25/01/2011

I-129F sent 25/02/2011

NOA1 received 02/03/2011

NOA2 received 31/05/2011

Medical completed 14/06/2011

NVC received petition 21/06/2011

Petition arrived at SYD consulate 28/06/2011

Packet 3 (via email) received 28/06/2011

Packet 3 sent to consulate 18/07/2011

Packet 3 received by consulate 19/07/2011

Packet 4 received (via email) 20/07/2011

Interview date 09/08/2011

Interview PASSED! 9/08/2011

Visa received 17/08/2011

Flight booked 1/11/2011

POE 1/11/2011

AOS - EAD - AP

Date filed: 9/03/2012

NOA: 13/03/2012

Bio appointment: 04/04/2012

Interview: 19/06/2012

EAD and AP card received: 10/05/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not exactly sure about Canada, however, the medical exam required by immigrations is looking to conditions that would make a person inadmissible on medical grounds, they do not request or require a medical history. The Board certified doctor for the visa medical should not need any records.

However if you do have a viaccinations record, this may be brought to the medical and they may do a DS-3025 record that you can then later use when adjusting status.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

At the medical they WILL ask about mental health. They ask you if you have ever been depressed or been diagnosed with depression or been on depression medications, ever self harmed etc. They ask about drug history and abuse as well as alcohol abuse and DUIs etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.