vivizoka

USCIS chose my middle name!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Tet,

Yea, all worked out fine. It's been a while, actually, so I don't remember exactly what I did. But I sent it back to them and asked for a replacement claiming their fault. I sent copies of all letters from them with my correct name, DL, SSN (if you read above, I don't think they could replace it without the GC but I got lucky, and a letter explaining why I wanted the change.

It was approved and I didn't have to pay for it.

Good luck!

My Timeline - AOS from F-1 Visa

10/09/2010 - Day XX - Married!! smile.png
11/02/2010 - Day XX - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox (I-485, I-130, I-765)
12/15/2010 - Day 41 - Biometrics taken
01/11/2011 - Day 68 - Interview letter received (02/09)
02/09/2011 - Day 97 - AOS Interview (APPROVED!)
02/26/2011 - Day 114 - GC in hands!

Removing Conditions

12/03/2012 - Day XX - Package sent to Vermont
12/07/2012 - Day 04 - Date of NOA
12/19/2012 - Day 16 - Biometrics taken early (Appt. 01/03/13)

05/22/2013 - Day 170 - Approved / Card production

1364419228[/url]' post='6086965']

Tet,

Yea, all worked out fine. It's been a while, actually, so I don't remember exactly what I did. But I sent it back to them and asked for a replacement claiming their fault. I sent copies of all letters from them with my correct name, DL, SSN (if you read above, I don't think they could replace it without the GC but I got lucky, and a letter explaining why I wanted the change.

It was approved and I didn't have to pay for it.

Good luck!

Thanks for your quick reply.

I just had my interview this morning and got approved on the spot. When I checked the USCIS website my status is already on the card document production. During the interview, the IO changed my middle name on the I-485 form to my mothers name instead of my fathers name which I put in the form.

I called today the National Customer Service and told my dilemma and that the IO who interviewed me misunderstood my middlename on my birth cert to be my 2nd name which the truth is it is my mothers maiden name. The customer gave me a case number and advised to wait for their reply.

I am thinking right now to make an info pass and have my GC stamp on my passport. What approval letter did you bring with you on the info pass appointment?

I just received an email notification re my card in now in production. Is that the approval letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't remember exactly, but i think i got an info pass appt before sending everything with the I90. You'll also get a Welcome to the US letter. Take that and your GC with you to the appt. before sending the wrong one to them. Make copies of everything too, just to be safe. And if ou don't have it yet, change your name on all other documents so you can send more proof and skip the fee.

My Timeline - AOS from F-1 Visa

10/09/2010 - Day XX - Married!! smile.png
11/02/2010 - Day XX - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox (I-485, I-130, I-765)
12/15/2010 - Day 41 - Biometrics taken
01/11/2011 - Day 68 - Interview letter received (02/09)
02/09/2011 - Day 97 - AOS Interview (APPROVED!)
02/26/2011 - Day 114 - GC in hands!

Removing Conditions

12/03/2012 - Day XX - Package sent to Vermont
12/07/2012 - Day 04 - Date of NOA
12/19/2012 - Day 16 - Biometrics taken early (Appt. 01/03/13)

05/22/2013 - Day 170 - Approved / Card production

• 4 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/27/2013 at 4:05 PM, tetandsol said:

Hi Vivianne,

Have you received your corrected greencard with the correct middle name/surname? Just curious because it happens also to me now, USCIS used my mothers maiden name instead of my fathers surname as my my middle name.

Thanks,Tet

hi @tetandsol, Mabuhay! 

I would like to ask what you did with your greencard when USCIS used your mothers maiden name instead of your fathers surname as your middle name. This is what i am experiencing now. 

Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.