Mrstate

H4 applying for adjustment of Status

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I came on an H4 visa and my visa got expired last 2002 I never returned to my home country and stayed here since I had a baby on 2001, I got married to a US Citizen on 2008 it was a good faith marriage and is still happily married recently we decided to finally fix all the paper works needed as my husband just recently started a job he is Filing 1-130 and I will be filing I-485, I have a daughter from a previous relationship and is also a US citizen, we have bank accounts but its only in his name since I dont have an ID or a SSN how can I prove that our marriage is in good faith? we have lots of family pictures from both sides but not sure if it was enough, what am I looking forward to the interview?

Our AOS Journey

March 4, 2011 Mailed 1-130 and AOS at the Chicago Lockbox thru USPS express mail

March 07, 2011, 9:44 am Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

March 25, 2011 NOA hard copy received

April 1, 2011 got an RFE for sponsors tax returns

April 15, 2011 biometrics appointment

May 12, 2011 rfe sent via usps priority mail

May 16, 2011 rfe recieved at lees summit

May 19, 2011 text/email notification rfe being reviewed

May 20,2011 I-485 touched/updated

May 27, 2011 Email/txt EAD Card Production

June 1, 2011 Email/txt notification for AOS Interview

June 3, 2011 Email notification EAD Card was mailed

June 7, 2011 EAD Card Received

July 6, 2011 AOS Interview *APPROVED*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic moved from AOS from a family visa to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visa as applicant is adjusting from the status of a family member in the US on an H class work visa

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Banks does not required SSN card to be added for joint bank account, one must have a SSN card.

I would assume you have a valid passport? If yes, that is your identification.

Your certified marriage certificate is another document for name change.

You can try this. Getting a DMV Photo ID is location specific. However, just try going to a DMV to get your photo id.

You need some document to show that you live at a certain address. You need to be added to the electric bill, gas bill.

I added my wife to our utility bill by calling the utility company and I told them that I want to add my wife and make the utility bills statement to show my name and her name on it. The person on the other end of phone (utlity company) just wanted to ask my wife some questions like birth date, complete name, etc., and it was done. Other utility companies requires you to come visit and bring your certified marriage certificate.

If the the DMV clerk ask you for your status, inform them that you currently in "adjustment of status for immigrant" and pending.

DO NOT leave the USA for any reasons as this point before getting your Green Card because you were out of status already before you filed for AOS (you will be subject to 3/10 years bar).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Filed: Timeline

Banks does not required SSN card to be added for joint bank account, one must have a SSN card.

I would assume you have a valid passport? If yes, that is your identification.

Your certified marriage certificate is another document for name change.

You can try this. Getting a DMV Photo ID is location specific. However, just try going to a DMV to get your photo id.

You need some document to show that you live at a certain address. You need to be added to the electric bill, gas bill.

I added my wife to our utility bill by calling the utility company and I told them that I want to add my wife and make the utility bills statement to show my name and her name on it. The person on the other end of phone (utlity company) just wanted to ask my wife some questions like birth date, complete name, etc., and it was done. Other utility companies requires you to come visit and bring your certified marriage certificate.

If the the DMV clerk ask you for your status, inform them that you currently in "adjustment of status for immigrant" and pending.

DO NOT leave the USA for any reasons as this point before getting your Green Card because you were out of status already before you filed for AOS (you will be subject to 3/10 years bar).

but my passport is expired is that ok?

Our AOS Journey

March 4, 2011 Mailed 1-130 and AOS at the Chicago Lockbox thru USPS express mail

March 07, 2011, 9:44 am Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

March 25, 2011 NOA hard copy received

April 1, 2011 got an RFE for sponsors tax returns

April 15, 2011 biometrics appointment

May 12, 2011 rfe sent via usps priority mail

May 16, 2011 rfe recieved at lees summit

May 19, 2011 text/email notification rfe being reviewed

May 20,2011 I-485 touched/updated

May 27, 2011 Email/txt EAD Card Production

June 1, 2011 Email/txt notification for AOS Interview

June 3, 2011 Email notification EAD Card was mailed

June 7, 2011 EAD Card Received

July 6, 2011 AOS Interview *APPROVED*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

but my passport is expired is that ok?

Usually, expired documentation WILL NOT be allowed for identification purposes.

Check your home country embassy website here in the USA. You may be able to just mail your old passport with a fee and form to your home country embassy here in the USA to get new passport. If they won't allow mailing of passport then go to your home country embassy in the USA and apply for a new passport. Bring your marriage certificate and other ID as well as documentation regarding your adjustment of status.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.