american embassy in cairo

34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is anyone's guess, perhaps they may move the cases to a consulate in a location that is not in a troubled location. Perhaps Turkey.

Moving post to regional discussion forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Salam guys,,

actually i dont know why the american embassy in cairo didnt open yet

even the israelian embassy opened

thats doesnt make any sense

and NVC says its up to embassy and embassy says we dont know yet

so who knows?!!

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

Our Marriage: (2008)

Date I-130 Sent : ( 2009-10-14)

Your item was delivered at 9:38 PM on October 18, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. USPS

The Money order money cashed at last on October 26, 2009 ... Waiting the NOA1

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : (2009-11-2) Dated in 23 Oct

Touched 27 Oct 2009 and 11,12 Feb 2010

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : (2010-02-12) 4 Months From sending date !!

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

02-19-2010 : NVC case number assigned

04-07-2010 : Sent DS-3032 by E-mail

04-10-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

04-14-2010 : Paid (AOS) Online

04-16-2010 : (AOS) shown as PAID

09-10-2010 : IV bill shows as PAID

08-03-2010: (AOS) packet completed and returned

08-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed (AOS)

09-20-2010 : DS-203 Completed and returned

09-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed DS-230

09-24-2010 : (AOS) accepted Per operator

09-28-2010 : DS-230 Entered Into System( and they also send checklist about sponsor :S )

10-15-2010 : DS-230 Completed with Checklist Also :S

01-11/14-2011 : Mailed /Delivered wt missing in both packets

02-01-2011 : SIF!!

02-03-2011 : Case Complete!

3rd Aug2011: Interview Date (AP Alhumdolillah ,,)

12 OCT2011 : Visa In Hand AP is over after 2 months from interview date

NOV2011 : POE

Timeline

Salam guys,,

actually i dont know why the american embassy in cairo didnt open yet

even the israelian embassy opened

thats doesnt make any sense

and NVC says its up to embassy and embassy says we dont know yet

so who knows?!!

Maybe, they will reopen it this week, i got that feeling but i could be wrong

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Timeline

Maybe, they will reopen it this week, i got that feeling but i could be wrong

Salam alaikom

i hope yr feelings right

the embassy is open since last week for immigrant visas. I sent them my papers last week

are you sure?

maybe it just works for mail stuff not interview still or at least they would publish it on the website

thanks

huda.jpg

tvquran_16.gif

My Visajourney

Our Marriage: (2008)

Date I-130 Sent : ( 2009-10-14)

Your item was delivered at 9:38 PM on October 18, 2009 in CHICAGO, IL 60680. USPS

The Money order money cashed at last on October 26, 2009 ... Waiting the NOA1

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : (2009-11-2) Dated in 23 Oct

Touched 27 Oct 2009 and 11,12 Feb 2010

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : (2010-02-12) 4 Months From sending date !!

♥NVC JOURNEY♥

02-19-2010 : NVC case number assigned

04-07-2010 : Sent DS-3032 by E-mail

04-10-2010 : DS-3032 Accepted

04-14-2010 : Paid (AOS) Online

04-16-2010 : (AOS) shown as PAID

09-10-2010 : IV bill shows as PAID

08-03-2010: (AOS) packet completed and returned

08-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed (AOS)

09-20-2010 : DS-203 Completed and returned

09-23-2010 : NVC Received Completed DS-230

09-24-2010 : (AOS) accepted Per operator

09-28-2010 : DS-230 Entered Into System( and they also send checklist about sponsor :S )

10-15-2010 : DS-230 Completed with Checklist Also :S

01-11/14-2011 : Mailed /Delivered wt missing in both packets

02-01-2011 : SIF!!

02-03-2011 : Case Complete!

3rd Aug2011: Interview Date (AP Alhumdolillah ,,)

12 OCT2011 : Visa In Hand AP is over after 2 months from interview date

NOV2011 : POE

Timeline

the embassy is open since last week for immigrant visas. I sent them my papers last week

Really, did they call you, or emailed you? Can you tell us more details? Many thanks.

Really, did they call you, or emailed you? Can you tell us more details? Many thanks.

I sent them my package completed, and they replied with some missing documents to complete & resend

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pa021511.html

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I sent them my package completed, and they replied with some missing documents to complete & resend

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pa021511.html

I hope they open soon. If you guys want to express your thoughts post them on a discussion on the us embassy facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=285699990157&topic=17375

Best wishes to all

Timeline

Wanted to share some information from the new embassy update for the ones still in NVC. like me. Since I am not done with NVC yet, only getting started.

I did found this section helpful.

"Immigrant visa applicants who have not yet been interviewed by a consular officer may request another U.S. Embassy to accept their immigrant visa case for processing. Any request must be sent directly to the Immigrant Visa Section of the relevant embassy. Information on which U.S. embassies and consulates process immigrant visas is available at http://travel.state.gov/. "

Wanted to share some information from the new embassy update for the ones still in NVC. like me. Since I am not done with NVC yet, only getting started.

I did found this section helpful.

"Immigrant visa applicants who have not yet been interviewed by a consular officer may request another U.S. Embassy to accept their immigrant visa case for processing. Any request must be sent directly to the Immigrant Visa Section of the relevant embassy. Information on which U.S. embassies and consulates process immigrant visas is available at http://travel.state.gov/. "

am so confused about this. what if you haven't filed petition is this just saying sorry about your luck.? or is it saying soon we will be open for "limited" what does that mean?

Consular Services Update Announcement

March 1 2011

The Embassy plans to resume limited processing of immigrant visas (IV) for the spouses and children of U.S. citizens soon. We will contact applicants in these categories with previously scheduled interviews(we were scheduled for mar 8 for filing petition is this us?) for rescheduling. Immigrant visa applicants who have not yet been interviewed by a consular officer may request another U.S. Embassy to accept their immigrant visa case for processing.

Filed: Timeline

am so confused about this. what if you haven't filed petition is this just saying sorry about your luck.? or is it saying soon we will be open for "limited" what does that mean?

Consular Services Update Announcement

March 1 2011

The Embassy plans to resume limited processing of immigrant visas (IV) for the spouses and children of U.S. citizens soon. We will contact applicants in these categories with previously scheduled interviews(we were scheduled for mar 8 for filing petition is this us?) for rescheduling. Immigrant visa applicants who have not yet been interviewed by a consular officer may request another U.S. Embassy to accept their immigrant visa case for processing.

it is very confusing, it is saying that if you have an application currently pending at the embassy in Cairo, you can request that it be moved to an embassy in another country. Also if you want to apply for a non-immigrant visa you need to apply in a different country. As for the limited part, im sure they are not giving a number because it will probably be very few cases that they will process slowly. there is no way to know what limited means. i guess you can only hope your case is among them, if not get it moved to another embassy

this really sucks

it is very confusing, it is saying that if you have an application currently pending at the embassy in Cairo, you can request that it be moved to an embassy in another country. Also if you want to apply for a non-immigrant visa you need to apply in a different country. As for the limited part, im sure they are not giving a number because it will probably be very few cases that they will process slowly. there is no way to know what limited means. i guess you can only hope your case is among them, if not get it moved to another embassy

this really sucks

thanks, we didn't even get to file our petition yet for I-130. we had an appt for mar 8 and they would not take our papers in the window we were told that they are no longer taking papers by the window we have to bring them in with an appt and the protests hit. this is terrible. i am 7 months pregnant and due may 21 and now looks like i will be having my baby alone in usa. i am so sad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.