Adil & Jeanne

ITIN

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I filed my returns last week and now lawyer wants certified copy for NVC. I claimed my Moroccan husband as we married in March 2010 and applied for his ITIN (individual taz payer identification number) Will this delay my return. I enclosed copy of his passport, birth certificate, National ID card and our marriage certificate translated into English. I can get copies as soon as IRS does the return but am wondering how long this might be. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why is this in Canada region forum section?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

It will delay it by a couple of weeks. It first has to be sent for processing for the ITIN to be created and then they will forward all of the paperwork for processing of your returns. I think mine was delayed by about 3 weeks 3 years ago.

Timeline

i posted it as a new topic. don't know how it got to Canada section so just ignore it.

I thoughtt visa journey was for people trying to bring someone into the US only. and this topic is important to any of us who marry and still have somoen outside the country as we have to report their income also on our taxes.

Why is this in Canada region forum section?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i posted it as a new topic. don't know how it got to Canada section so just ignore it.

I thoughtt visa journey was for people trying to bring someone into the US only. and this topic is important to any of us who marry and still have somoen outside the country as we have to report their income also on our taxes.

There are new posts yearly on tax time with tax questions, a lot of them are about how to get ITIN numbers and file taxes with new married spouses and such. You just need to do a search. Generally they are in regional section for specific country but you can use the forum search bar and just search the question as well to find all the other topics that have been posted.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

last year it took approximately 6 weeks from date of sending in the paperwork to direct deposit. At around 4 weeks the ITIN came in the mail.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

I filed my returns last week and now lawyer wants certified copy for NVC. I claimed my Moroccan husband as we married in March 2010 and applied for his ITIN (individual taz payer identification number) Will this delay my return. I enclosed copy of his passport, birth certificate, National ID card and our marriage certificate translated into English. I can get copies as soon as IRS does the return but am wondering how long this might be. Thanks

For our ITIN it took months to get our taxes back. I think the major delay in our case is that he is a slacker and didn't have a passport. I had to send in his birth certificate along with photo ID and our marriage license. From there, we didn't realize we needed a translation. Between all the back and forth of the paperwork and the overall headache, I think we got our taxes back sometime during the summer.

Normally it shouldn't delay too much as long as you do it all correctly the first time, which we didn't. :)

J-

Our Story

03-05-2008: Met Online (World of Warcraft)

04-19-2008: Met in Person and Started Dating

04-19-2009: Engaged

08-07-2009: Married at Laconia, New Hampshire

USCIS

10-21-2009: Mailed I-130

10-26-2009: NOA1

05-17-2010: NOA2

Our I-130 was approved in 203 days from our NOA1 date

NVC

05-25-2010: Called NVC to receive case # and submit emails

06-01-2010: AOS Fee Paid

06-09-2010: Opt-in accepted

06-16-2010: E-mailed I-864 package

06-23-2010: IV Fee Paid

07-12-2010: E-mailed DS230 package

08-04-2010: Email from NVC - Case Completed

NVC process completed in 71 days

CONSULATE

12-07-2011: Received consulate interview date

12-13-2010: Medical Exam (Medisys)

01-07-2011: Interview - APPROVED!

POE & POST INTERVIEW

01-16-2011: POE Highgate Springs, VT

01-22-2011: SSN Card Received

01-24-2011: Receipt Letter Arrived

02-10-2011: Biometrics Appointment (uncommon for CR-1)

03-15-2011: Welcome Notice Received

03-19-2011: 2 Year Green Card Arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.