just2confirm

Is I-130 package different for chicago and texas lockboxes???

8 posts in this topic

My wife is about to file I-130/I-485 for me to adjust from F1 to PR and was told all we need initially is just the marriage licence and I-130/I-485 form filled and sent to the chicago lockbox. We asked if no supporting documents are required and was told NO at this time by the lawyer and that the packaging is different at chicago and texas lockbox. Can someone confirm this asap??Thanks.

You definitely need supporting evidence at this stage. You need all of the related forms, medical, evidence of bona fide marriage, copies of passport and visa and birth certificates of both people and lots of stuff. Not sure what your lawyer is thinking... I might get rid of them. The instructions clearly say the same.

Yes you send it to the Chicago lockbox designated for CONCURRENT filers.

I have no idea what Texas has to do with it, so I can't help on that.

Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Time to get rid of a lawyer that doesn't tell you the important documents and evidence that you need in your package. The medical should of been sent with the package. You will be getting a rather large RFE and will have to provide them.

I would call around and start looking for a place to get the medical done. You can find a civil surgeon in your area by using the USCIS websites civil surgeon locator, you just put in your zip and it lists all the ones that can service your area.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

You definitely need supporting evidence at this stage. You need all of the related forms, medical, evidence of bona fide marriage, copies of passport and visa and birth certificates of both people and lots of stuff. Not sure what your lawyer is thinking... I might get rid of them. The instructions clearly say the same.

Yes you send it to the Chicago lockbox designated for CONCURRENT filers.

I have no idea what Texas has to do with it, so I can't help on that.

Good luck.

Thanks..amazing response and what i thought because we really do have all the documents ready but he said even if we sent it, they would get lost in the process of being transferred to our local office so there was no point!!huh...looks like we can work this out ourselves with wonderful people like u on VJ!!!

Time to get rid of a lawyer that doesn't tell you the important documents and evidence that you need in your package. The medical should of been sent with the package. You will be getting a rather large RFE and will have to provide them.

I would call around and start looking for a place to get the medical done. You can find a civil surgeon in your area by using the USCIS websites civil surgeon locator, you just put in your zip and it lists all the ones that can service your area.

Will do just that. He actually told us the documents required but said we dont send it in now.Will proceed with conducting the medicals. Thanks for the prompt response.

What you want to achieve is that by the time your whole package gets to your local office (and no, it won't get lost), the person who gets your file is able to determine that you are eligible for the GC, and is basically sure that your marriage is bona fide, so your interview only lasts 2 minutes and is approved on the spot. If they have no information on you, they can't do that, and your interview will drag, and prior to that you would get tons of RFEs (Request for evidence). With no evidence or supplement forms, it might even be initially rejected for being incomplete at the mailroom, so it wouldn't go anywhere anyway :)

Here is the VJ guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Good luck.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

What you want to achieve is that by the time your whole package gets to your local office (and no, it won't get lost), the person who gets your file is able to determine that you are eligible for the GC, and is basically sure that your marriage is bona fide, so your interview only lasts 2 minutes and is approved on the spot. If they have no information on you, they can't do that, and your interview will drag, and prior to that you would get tons of RFEs (Request for evidence). With no evidence or supplement forms, it might even be initially rejected for being incomplete at the mailroom, so it wouldn't go anywhere anyway :)

Here is the VJ guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Good luck.

K..Cool..quick question..how many pictures should we include in the package?whats a reasonable or acceptable number without flooding?

Well, you need 7 passport photos of immigrant and one passport photo of USC.

As far as photos of you two together for evidence, the instructions do not suggest this as a type of evidence (it is requested for interview time) so if you want to put photos initially (you can) then I would send maybe 5 or less. Quality over quantity.

I'd look over the suggested types of evidence in the I-130 instructions.

For the interview, they will specifically ask you to bring photos.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.