melvin%

Howdy everyone

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

great choice on a pinay, they are wonderful women with great core values :)

USCIS

09/15/2010 - I130 Submitted

09/17/2010 - I130 Delivered (USPS Delivery Confirmation)

09/21/2010 - I130 USCIS Received I130 Email & Text

09/24/2010 - Form I-797C Received NOA1 Letter

12/20/2010 - Form I-797C Recieved NOA2 Petition Has Been Approved! (87 Days Since NOA1)

NVC

12/28/2010 - Case number and IIN generated

12/29/2010 - DS-261 Submitted (Online Choice of Agent) Submitted

12/30/2010 - AOS fee paid

01/07/2011 - IV fee paid

01/14/2011 - DS-260 Completed (Online IV Application)

01/24/2011 - AOS Package Received (Stupid snow storm delayed it)

01/27/2011 - Civil Documents for DS-260 received

02/01/2011 - Re Submitted DS-260 (Wrong number entered as Beneficiary ID)

02/10/2011 - AVR Says RFE for civil documents (False RFE, just had to wait for wife's package to be reviewed)

02/14/2011 - Sign In FAIL!

02/15/2011 - Case Complete!!!!

03/01/2011 - Interview Date Assigned (well 1:18am on March 2 best wake up ever!)

US CONSULATE - MONTREAL

03/23/2011 - Medical - Complete PASSED!

04/08/2011 - Interview

00/00/2011 - Visa Received

00/00/2011 - POE

And apparently it makes no difference to you that others surely see that flag as a symbol of slavery and Jim Crow.

The South fought to keep slavery, period

BY LEONARD PITTS JR.

LPITTS@MIAMIHERALD.COM

"We went to war on account of the thing we quarreled with the North about. I never heard of any other cause of quarrel than slavery. Men fight from sentiment. After the fight is over they invent some fanciful theory on which they imagine that they fought.'' -- Confederate Col. John Mosby

Ten years ago, I received an e-mail from a reader who signed him or herself ``J.D.'' ``I am a white racist,'' wrote J.D., ``a white supremacist, and I do not deny it.''

From that, you'd suspect J.D. had nothing of value to say. You'd be mistaken. J.D. wrote in response to a column documenting the fact that preservation of slavery was the prime directive of the Southern Confederacy. ``I was most pleased to see you write what we both know to be the truth,'' the e-mail said. ``

I never cease to be amazed at the Sons of Confederate Veterans and similar `heritage not hate' groups who are constantly whining that the Confederacy was not a white, racist government . . .''

That argument, noted J.D. with wry amusement, plays well with ``white people who want to be Confederates without any controversy.''

It was an astute observation, the truth of which was deftly illustrated recently by Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell. Seems he issued a proclamation declaring April Confederate History Month in the Commonwealth. Said proclamation contained not the barest mention that the Confederacy went to war to preserve slavery, an omission that got the governor pilloried in the court of public opinion.

So McDonnell apologized and tried again, inserting into his proclamation a paragraph observing that this Confederacy we are invited to commemorate was built upon an ``evil'' and ``inhumane'' practice. That little bit of cognitive dissonance neatly accomplished, the proclamation was duly reissued.

But there's still a flaw in it. Namely in a line that speaks of how ``the people of Virginia joined the Confederate States of America.'' See, no one asked half a million of ``the people of Virginia'' about joining any Confederacy. As they were owned by their fellow citizens, they had no say in the matter.

And so it goes in the ongoing effort by apologists for the Confederacy to convince the rest of us that an act of high treason committed in the name of preserving human bondage somehow deserves honor and respect. It's a case that cannot be made on its own dubious merits, so they are obliged to pretend the cause wasn't what it was, to write slaves and slavery out of the story.

McDonnell is hardly the first. Indeed, the practice is nearly as old as the Civil War itself. Confederate ``President'' Jefferson Davis once flatly cited ``the labor of African slaves'' as the cause of the rebellion. After the war, with that cause repudiated, he wrote, ``slavery was in no wise the cause of the conflict.'' It's a straight line from Davis' amnesia to McDonnell's omission.

The governor seeks to render the Confederacy harmless, to be a Confederate without controversy. He seeks to validate the vestigial southern impulse which insists, contrary to logic, that the tragic suffering and incontestable bravery of Confederate forebears must somehow redeem the awful cause for which they fought. But the simple truth is, they do not. Nor can they until or unless we agree to murder memory, to kill recollection of our greatest national trauma, to enter into a conspiracy of romantic lies.

Confederate hero John Mosby, quoted above, understood this. Even J.D., the unrepentant racist, did.

It is past time the entire remnant of the Confederacy, all its apologists and battle flag fetishists, understood it, too. The alternative is to continue insisting upon sophistry as truth, and to periodically embarrass themselves and mystify the rest of us with their stubborn fealty to the stinking corpse of a long lost cause. It is to learn for the umpteen-millionth time what the governor was just taught.

Memory dies hard.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/1578171/the-south-fought-to-keep-slavery.html#ixzz1EtdCbDa4

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I don't know about all that. I've been flying the stars and bars just like my daddy did, and his daddy did, and I have not heard a complaint one, even from dark skinned folks. The good lord put love enough for everyone in my heart, no matter what color their skin. And I never owned a slave lol. But these days I'm just here to find a woman like everyone else here and get her over here. So I don't mean to upset you sir, I just wanted to say howdy and make some electronic friends lol.

Howdy everyone, I just wanted to stop by and say howdy. I just started writing with a woman from your neck of the woods and so I thought I would come meet some new friends. Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

Hope you find the right woman. Dont rush. Get to know her well. :)

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.