hellomms

Two Interview Letters

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

After waiting 6 months for my interview letter, I now have TWO (2) interview letters and strangely enough each is for different location and date/time. I live in NYC and my first letter states to appear on March 15 at 8:00 AM in the NYC office (7 miles). The other asks to come to Garden City, NY (27 miles) on March 28th at 1:15Pm - the day my wife is flying out of state.

:ranting: :ranting:

Called USCIS and they are now saying that for one reason or the other my case has been transferred to Garden City - #######, seriously ####### !!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Probably the NY office is back-logged so case got moved.

Anyway I would visit the NY office on the date specified, just in case of an error. I have seen posts where people get rescheduled, and go to the later date only to find out thr transfer or reschedule was not noted at the first place, and they put you down as a no show, and start removal proceedings.

One in particular I remember involved a move from California to NY, USCIS indicated moving case, only to have not, and the Cali office triggered a removal order based on the no-show. It required work to get that case re-opened.

Moving to AOS from WORK/student/tourist visa forum. Your profile indicates AOS from a H1B

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I second the answer that YuAndDan has given you. I've also seen where people have received a second interview notice (for varying reasons) and opt to go only to the second one to find out they were denied on the basis for not showing up at the interview. Hopefully it will work out for you.

AOS (from VWP)Application Removal of Conditions Timeline Naturalization Timeline
12/28/2009 Sent I-130,I-485,I-765 02/25/2012 Sent out I-751 via USPS to VSC 01/15/2013 Sent out N-400 via USPS to Dallas, TX
03/24/2010 AOS Interview APPROVED!!! 10/24/2012 RFE 04/03/2013 Naturalization Interview - Passed!
04/05/2010 Greencard arrived!! 01/03/2013 Approved! Card production ordered! 05/15/2013 Oath Ceremony - Kyle is a US Citizen!

***Detailed time line in my About Me page***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thankfully I had scheduled an Infopass 2 weeks ago, just in case I didnt get the interview letter, for today. Went to the NYC office this morning and the ISO lady was very helpful. Though I didnt agree with her that the two interviews were due to Congressional office's involvement: one was scheduled to come as planned and the other was forced by Congressional office. If I hadn't reached out to Congresswomen, I still would have been waiting for the letter.

Anyhow, she took my appointment letters and went "up" to the floor where they conduct the interviews and spoke to the Supervisor so to de-schedule the Garden City interview. I later went up to talk to the Supervisor who was a very nice lady as well and said that I should come to NYC on March 15 as the first letter indicated. She said she would contact Garden City personally to de-schedule the second. :dance:

That was a very pleasant experience, unexpected though. Infopass appointments do help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.