35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hello ...

my interview was on January 12th .. before the interview with the counceler , the officer told me that im missing some papers , then he asked me to set down , then they took my finger prints , then again they asked me to set down , after like 2 hours , the counceler called me ,, then she interviewed me , then after that she told me to set down ,, then the officer called me again and he said as i told you ,, you missing a paper , go bring it and come back again and he gave me my passport .. i presented this paper after 6 days at January 18th ... the officier took the paper and my passport and he said we will contact you , i asked him after how long he said maybe 3 weeks ...

i called the embassy after 3 weeks, the officer said probably after another 2 weeks .. then after 2 weeks i called again , he said it should not take much longer and soon we will contact you , that was a week ago ... if anyone knows whats going on , please tell me ,, and if im under administrative processing , why the officer told me that ...

my visa is K1 visa , and my interview was in the US embassy in Riyadh , KSA and my nationality , is Syrian .

thank you ,

Edited by mo3en

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Administrative processing... Moving to Administrative Processing forum...

Whats with the giant bold letters??? It looks like you are Shouting!

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

but the when i asked the officer ,, he said your visa still under processing, is that mean that im under administrative processing ? ,

its been more than a month now .. for how long i still have to wait ..

thank you for answering me ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

oh im not shouting ,,, but cos some ppl dont like to read small size letters ... thats all :)

:lol: Well then lets tone it down abit. Large bold letters can look like shouting, is the same technique that is used in newspapers for headlines and topic headings.

Perhaps sizing up to 3 without bolding.

Anyway if a reader is having a hard time reading they will simply enlarge the font using settings on their computer.

but the when i asked the officer ,, he said your visa still under processing, is that mean that im under administrative processing ? ,

its been more than a month now .. for how long i still have to wait ..

thank you for answering me ...

Yep this is administrative processing.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

ok thank you ,, next time i wont bold the letters :D ....

omg i hate this word , , its like a night mare ,, i have been reading too much about AP .. it makes me scared ..

Edited by mo3en

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

It looks like administrative processing to me. They really should have flat out said they would put you in administrative processing. Hopefully you won't be in AP for too long. An indicator that it may not be for too long is that the consular witheld your passport. If they didn't intend to issue you your visa shortly they would have simply given it back to you. I think that you should continue to be POLITELY persistent in inquiring about the status of your case. Never get an attitude or come off to pushy because it gets you nowhere fast.

Good luck! :thumbs:

Summer 2007: Hubby and I met.

January 2008: Engaged.

May 22,2008: Hubby and I got married!

August 2008: I-130 filed.

January 2010: Our son was born.

May 2010: Interview at US Embassy in Barbados. Visa Denied! Eligible for I-601 waiver. Couldn't get a joint sponsor so we had to wait until 2011 when my income tax return documents would reflect my full income.

Feb22,2011: Embassy Received Tax Docs and New AOS!

Feb28,2011: I-601Waiver App Package sent to USCIS Santo Domingo via airmail.

Mar28,2011: USCIS Santo Domingo received Waiver Package.

Jun13,2011: Waiver Approved!

June24,2011:Embassy requested that medical police cert and other docs be updated and sent to schedule final interview for visa! *crosses fingers*

FINAL INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPT. 1ST @ 7:30AM

Hope and Pray!

as1cCua0g410410MDAwNjQzOGx8MjY0c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvci4uLg.gif

event.png

Timeline

thank you so much ..

im not very persistent .. i call every 2 weeks . i think this is not annoying ... cos last time when i called a week ago the officer was kind with me , he said it should not take much longer and soon we will contact you, hopefully , but maybe he's saying this only for make me calm or something , i dont know :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline

i cant wait no more :( ... i wish that they call me soon ,, i really miss my girl ,, its been over a year since last time i was with her ... thank you for the support . ( ElviaH ) ... Good Luck for you too ... :D

Edited by mo3en

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi every body ...

any one here knows how usually it takes the US embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, the Administrative processing ,, i have been waiting for 73 days until now .. how long it takes usually ,, please any one can answer me ...

thank you .....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.