♥Yllen

K1 process in ARGENTINA

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

My previous post was moved to "Regional Discussion" because I asked something concerning the K1 Process in Argentina (since there´s not a lot of information around).

I might be wrong but I don´t think much people actually go around browsing the forums, but whenever someone needs advice about something K1 related, just comes to the "K1 Fiance(e) Process & Procedures" forum. Plus Regional Discussion Area sucks (sorry, but it´s true). Also, my post wasn´t even written in spanish...

There´s this post tittled "K1 process in Mexico" (just an example) in this forum, that I bet was posted here to get the quick answers the OP would still be waiting for on the "Regional Discussion Area".

And that´s what I thought too when I "mistakenly" posted here.

So, if there´s anyone from Argentina who get to read this post before it´s moved or deleted, please follow this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/296859-argentina/

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Time from NOA1 to NOA2: 4 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 day

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I sent you a message so that you can contact me!

K1 VISA

2010-10-13 Richie sent petition

2010-10-22 NOA1

2010-10-29 touched

2011-03-29 NOA2 (e-mail)

2011-04-04 NOA2 (hard copy)

2011-04-06 NVC received

2011-04-12 Consulate received

2011-04-12 Packet 3 Received

2011-04-12 Packet 3 sent to consulate

2011-04-15 Packet 3 received by consulate

2011-04-29 Packet 4 received (e-mail)

2011-05-12 Packet 4 received by mail

2011-05-19 Interview:APPROVED!!!!

2011-05-26 Visa received

2011-05-27 Entry to the USA (POE:Dallas)

2011-07-09 Wedding!!

AOS

2011-07-29 AOS package sent

2011-08-04 NOA 1 (e-mail)

2011-08-11 NOA 1 (hard copy)

2011-08-24 Biometrics

2011-08-29 I-485 transferred to CSC

2011-10-03 EAD and AP Document received!!

2011-10-27 Green Card production ordered!!

2011-10-31 Welcome letter received

2011-11-02 Greencard with incorrect data received

2011-11-05 I-90 submitted

2011-11-18 NOA 1

2011-12-12 Biometrics Appointment letter received

2011-12-21 Biometrics

2012-01-13 Green Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My previous post was moved to "Regional Discussion" because I asked something concerning the K1 Process in Argentina (since there´s not a lot of information around).

I might be wrong but I don´t think much people actually go around browsing the forums, but whenever someone needs advice about something K1 related, just comes to the "K1 Fiance(e) Process & Procedures" forum. Plus Regional Discussion Area sucks (sorry, but it´s true). Also, my post wasn´t even written in spanish...

There´s this post tittled "K1 process in Mexico" (just an example) in this forum, that I bet was posted here to get the quick answers the OP would still be waiting for on the "Regional Discussion Area".

And that´s what I thought too when I "mistakenly" posted here.

So, if there´s anyone from Argentina who get to read this post before it´s moved or deleted, please follow this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/296859-argentina/

Your other option is the consulate forum because that is the place to post about consulate specific answers... which is what you want

moving to consulate forum

YMMV

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

My name is Andy, I met my fiancee three and a half years ago here in Mpls. Her name is Sole, She is from Argentina and she was here on a J1 visa as an Au pair. We met while she had about six months left on her visa, and before we knew it we were in love.

It soon dawned on us that she was here on a temporary visa and we would have to make a decision. we couldn't stand the thought of loosing the best thing that has ever happened to us. Getting married was one option, and now i wish we would have, but at the time It didn't feel like it would have been for the right reasons. We asked our selves would we be getting married right now if it wasn't for the immigration issue? The answer was no. We were not ready. I thought we were doing the responsible thing. So the way we saw it, we had two options. She could leave or she could stay, and our relationship was too young to let her go back home and make the transition to a long distance relationship. We were convinced that it was not a big deal for her to overstay her visa as long as she was not breaking the law in any other way. We were unaware of the consequences and blinded by our love. After about 14 months of overstaying she voluntarily returned to her family in Argentina on 12/6/08.

We talked every day while we were apart (thank God for Skype). I worked and saved my money for nine months until I finally had enough money to sustain us for a while. I quit my job and went to visit her. we traveled around south America for seven months before I ran out of money and was forced to return home. Before I left, I proposed to her and we were more motivated than ever to spend the rest of our lives together.

I started the petition for the K1 visa as soon as I got home. five months later the petition was approved and everything seemed to be going well, however recently we have been preparing the papers for the visa application and the hard questions came up about visa overstays. and now after everything when we were seemingly so close to being together again, we are being told that it is not even worth finishing the application because it will be denied, and that she is barred from the U.S. for a total of ten years! I have never felt so helpless and broken in my entire life, this country is suppose to be about freedom. and now because of something so harmless, I will be pushed out of my own country for the next eight years in order to marry the only woman in this world for me, the woman I love. There must be something I can do. Appeals, wavers, some kind of exceptions. Please help us. We are desperate.

Thank you, Andy & Sole

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.