Dobolo

Item 14 & 22 on Form I-130

4 posts in this topic

Pls how do I answer these questions on the i-130?

"It says that if your relative will apply for AOS to PR which city will he/she apply in:"

My dilemma here is - I live in MA while my spouse is in IL (spouse is applicant, I am the petitioner). Which location should we use - IL or MA?

Also number 14 states that whats the date authorized stay will expire? I'm on F-1 and the i-94 states D/S (duration of status) should i put the proposed date of the end of my F-1 as the date of expiration?

Thanks!

12/4/10 - Married
03/9/11 - AOS package sent via USPS
03/10/11 - AOS package received by USCIS
03/14/11 - Email and Text notification received from USCIS
03/14/11 - Checks cashed by USCIS (got notification from bank on 03/15/11)
03/18/11 - NOA1 received in the mail (all four of them)
03/26/11 - Biometrics received for 04/20 (postmarked 03/23)
04/20/11 - Biometrics done today!
05/09/11 - Got my EAD in the mail today!!!
05/16/11 - Interview letter received for 06/20!!!
06/20/11 - Interview done, APPROVED! 2 year Green Card!

4/27/13 - I-751 Package for ROC mailed

4/29/13 - I-751 Package delivered by USPS to VSC

5/12/13 - NOA in the mail (dated 4/30/13)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Pls how do I answer these questions on the i-130?

"It says that if your relative will apply for AOS to PR which city will he/she apply in:"

My dilemma here is - I live in MA while my spouse is in IL (spouse is applicant, I am the petitioner). Which location should we use - IL or MA?

Also number 14 states that whats the date authorized stay will expire? I'm on F-1 and the i-94 states D/S (duration of status) should i put the proposed date of the end of my F-1 as the date of expiration?

Thanks!

Wait! If you're the petitioner then how can you be in the US on an F1 visa? Who is immigrating here? You or your spouse?

Ignoring the previous confusion, I'm going to assume that one of you is a US citizen, and the other is here on an F1 visa. You're now married, and the F1 visa holder is going to be applying for a green card. Is this correct?

Ok, you don't necessarily get to pick which USCIS office will conduct the green card interview. Listing the field office on the I-130 is something of a formality, but they will usually assign the case to the field office that services the area where the green card applicant lives. You can find that office by going here and entering the zip code:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

"Duration of status" is the correct answer for when the authorized stay will expire.

Bear in mind that both you and your spouse are going to need to attend the green card interview together. Living apart is a huge negative factor, making it much more difficult to prove a bonafide marital relationship.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds like Adjustment of status from a STUDENT/Work/Tourist visa topic to me. Moving to the correct forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Thanks for moving it here.

Im sorry for the confusion (just figuring my way round the forum) - Im currently on an F1 here in the US and adjusting my status. My spouse is the USC

Yes we are living apart now but it's a short term thing pending when we can move in together (jobs, and some other issues) but we foresee this taking no longer than 3-6months.

I was trying to fill in the date on my PC and typing in D/S brought up an error msg - I wasnt sure if USCIS expect to see a date there or otherwise

Thank you

12/4/10 - Married
03/9/11 - AOS package sent via USPS
03/10/11 - AOS package received by USCIS
03/14/11 - Email and Text notification received from USCIS
03/14/11 - Checks cashed by USCIS (got notification from bank on 03/15/11)
03/18/11 - NOA1 received in the mail (all four of them)
03/26/11 - Biometrics received for 04/20 (postmarked 03/23)
04/20/11 - Biometrics done today!
05/09/11 - Got my EAD in the mail today!!!
05/16/11 - Interview letter received for 06/20!!!
06/20/11 - Interview done, APPROVED! 2 year Green Card!

4/27/13 - I-751 Package for ROC mailed

4/29/13 - I-751 Package delivered by USPS to VSC

5/12/13 - NOA in the mail (dated 4/30/13)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.