Dodobird

Waiting time for visa in the mail

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Getting really anxious over here, I want to ask for your advice.

I had my interview on February 10, 2011. They said they would process the visa within 4 days. Now 11 days have passed and nothing has happened. I will call the embassy today. But I am really worried, it is not going to get here in time. What are your experiences?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Dodobird*

I have seen many people say it took a few weeks for their visa to arrive in the mail, even though they were told a week. Mine arrived exactly a week after my interview, it had been "issued" the day before I got it.

My guess is your embassy is busy at the moment and they haven't gotten round to issuing (i.e. printing) it yet. But call them, by all means. It's good to let them know you're still alive and capable of being a pain in the ####...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Getting really anxious over here, I want to ask for your advice.

I had my interview on February 10, 2011. They said they would process the visa within 4 days. Now 11 days have passed and nothing has happened. I will call the embassy today. But I am really worried, it is not going to get here in time. What are your experiences?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Dodobird*

Did they tell you it was approved? as on your time line you just have interview. I would certainly call them and find out whats happening.In Australia they are interviewed Tuesdays for K1 and most receive by the Friday. So if you were told 4 days ring them.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.