John+Lourdelie

Passport sized pictures

10 posts in this topic

Prior to filing my I-129F petition, my fiancée had a bunch of passport size pictures taken. We still have several left. Can she use these pictures for her remaining paperwork that requires pictures or does she need to have new pictures taken? The I-129F pictures were taken in September of 2010. Thanks.

John

Technically no, they are supposed to be pictures taken very recently. How likely is it that anyone actually follows that instruction? Not very.....lol.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Above post is correct. Technically, you are supposed to utilize passport photos that were taken in the last 30 days for all requirements during this process. However, I'm almost sure the practice for most is to use the photos they have... especially if the persons features have not changed in that period of time. September 2010 was not that long ago, but if she has changed her hair or done something random like gotten a tattoo on her face you may have a problem. Really, its your decision. I would advise you way both options... and if it bothers you just go ahead and have her take new ones when its closer to her interview and medical exam time. Especially if she still has time to do so. But whatever you decide to do... keep it to yourself!

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Just don't mention the face tattoo to your fiance.....

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

i dont think she will need a passport size picture anymore what she need to get is a VISA size picture (white background) she'll need 3-4 pcs of it on her medical

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

i dont think she will need a passport size picture anymore what she need to get is a VISA size picture (white background) she'll need 3-4 pcs of it on her medical

What is the difference between a passport size and visa size picture???

John

they should be the 2"x2" photo on a white background. THis is from packet 3:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf

VISA PHOTOGRAPHS. You must bring three (3) color photographs; two are for the visa and one is for the medical report. Size and format specifications must be strictly observed: Photos should measure 2 by 2 inches (roughly 50 mm square) with a white background and the head centered in the frame. The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm) with the eye level between 1 1/8 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo. See http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1287.html for detailed instructions.

I say just get some more taken. They are dirt cheap in the PI anyway. That is what I had my wife do (besides she was out of the previous ones)

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

they should be the 2"x2" photo on a white background. THis is from packet 3:

http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

VISA PHOTOGRAPHS. You must bring three (3) color photographs; two are for the visa and one is for the medical report. Size and format specifications must be strictly observed: Photos should measure 2 by 2 inches (roughly 50 mm square) with a white background and the head centered in the frame. The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm) with the eye level between 1 1/8 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo. See http://travel.state..../info_1287.html for detailed instructions.

I say just get some more taken. They are dirt cheap in the PI anyway. That is what I had my wife do (besides she was out of the previous ones)

Which is the same as a US passport picture.

US Passport Picture Info

John

Yep...but just wanted to give the reference so there is no question about the photo. (and where the link within the red quote came from...just a guide to spell it out.) If you guys have enough of the ones that meet those specifications....you are good. :thumbs:

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.