no name

touches mean nothing

81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

SirLanceLot here is a simple solution to those who do not like all the touch posts.

DONT CLICK on the post or if it is not obvious and you open it and it is another message you dont like. HIT the back button. NO ONE is forcing you to read any posts on this board. Expressing that touches mean nothing and doing in the ways I have seen here makes me feel like your calling these people idiots when all they are doing is looking for a bit of hope in a long and drawn out process.

Given the choice between hope and negativity, I chose hope!!

Paul

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
SirLanceLot here is a simple solution to those who do not like all the touch posts.

DONT CLICK on the post or if it is not obvious and you open it and it is another message you dont like. HIT the back button. NO ONE is forcing you to read any posts on this board. Expressing that touches mean nothing and doing in the ways I have seen here makes me feel like your calling these people idiots when all they are doing is looking for a bit of hope in a long and drawn out process.

Paul

Well said!

05/18/05: Met on Yahoo chat.

09/10/05: We agree to meet.

02/10/06: First trip to Manila

03/26/06: Filied I-129F package

04/04/06: NOA 1 at California service center

06/30/06: IMBRA RFE mailed to CSC

07/05/06: Email stating CSC received RFE

07/31/06: NOA 2! Wahoooo!

08/03/06: NVC reciept

08/07/06: NVC forwards petition to the Embassy!!

08/15/06: Embassy received case:MNL2006716###

09/19/06: We have an interview date!! Wahoo!

11/20/06: Interview

11/29/06: VISA delivered

12/05/06: Entry into the U.S. at LAX

Filed: Other Timeline

Paul

You know Paul, when you make a post like the one you just made, it makes you appear entirely not consistent, contradictory and even hypocritical. Using your same logic, if you don't appreciate my posts and my dissenting views, I'm NOT forcing you to read them. Click backwards as you advise in your above post.

If you want to check your status every day. So be it. But advising others that touchs mean something beyond what they are is not helping anyone. It gives false hope and spreads mis-information.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

Ana and Dan,

That is the question being asked. And the answer seems to be, because it makes some people feel better despite the fact that they cannot know whether a particular 'touch' means anything significant or not.

Yodrak

Why do so many of us check for touches if they mean nothing?

Timeline

Paul

Well said!

I have no problem any one voicing their opinion but what right do people have in saying they are annoyed or tired of other people. I have a problem when people voice their opinion in a way that makes the action of the other person seem less just be cause you do not agree with it.

I got news for you NO ONE here can say for sure that touches mean nothing or that touches mean something but quit judging people because you feel like you know better because no one knows. Rather than knocking someone for believing that touches are good why not support them and say hey if touches make you happy MORE power to you. By definition hope can not be false because hope is defined but each person and to try and take hope away from someone is just plain mean.

For there to be missinformation you have to have facts and until someone posts here the link to the immigration site that defines exactly what a touch is and how they affect a case we are all guessing and NO gues is better than any other guess.

I dont have a problem with voicing an opinion I have a problem at voicing an opinion at someone elses expense.

Paul

Edited by mrsushi66

I got news for you NO ONE here can say for sure that touches mean nothing or that touches mean something but quit judging people because you feel like you know better because no one knows. Rather than knocking someone for believing that touches are good why not support them and say hey if touches make you happy MORE power to you. By definition hope can not be false because hope is defined but each person and to try and take hope away from someone is just plain mean.

For there to be missinformation you have to have facts and until someone posts here the link to the immigration site that defines exactly what a touch is and how they affect a case we are all guessing and NO gues is better than any other guess.

I dont have a problem with voicing an opinion I have a problem at voicing an opinion at someone elses expense.

Paul

I've only got three words to say to you Paul: Flat Earth Society

http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskop...arthsociety.htm

(Notice I didn't pick on Santa Claus or God.)

This thread is actually a great read. People need to be much more critical of everything they read--incluidng my posts. I can see how people in great need of hope can many times be conned and suckered into all kinds of schemes. It's because of this desire to believe in anything to make one feel a little better which gets people into trouble.

Please don't spread mis-information. Unless you have specific and factual info stating that indeed a touch means something specific, please don't go spreading the gospel that it means you're about to get approval.

AOS I-485

I-751

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Paul

Well said!

I have no problem any one voicing their opinion but what right do people have in saying they are annoyed or tired of other people. I have a problem when people voice their opinion in a way that makes the action of the other person seem less just be cause you do not agree with it.

Paul

Are you annoyed?

The_moral_of_this_story____by_xXIce.png

waffles ... with lettuce? ... for free?

Edited by john_and_marlene

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

So rather than post something that difinitively supports your supposition that touches mean something or dont mean something you resort to trying to put down with the flat earth link. While I undestand the concept I think it is rather presumptious of you to put yourself in the same league as those who used sound scientific methods to prove something. This is not about the some grand theory of the universe and this is not about being right or wrong, I have never claimed to be on one side of the arguement or the other and I will not voice my opinion since all it would is lessen someones hope or bolster someones ego.

I do have opinions on matters but when it comes to something as heartwrenching as this I tend to let people come to their own conclusions because my opinion of people going through this are pretty smart and I would never suppose to be smarter than them. If they believe that something happens and it is a positive sign I say good for them, I dont come here saying how annoyed I am or how tired I am of people. People are generally good hearted and well meaning, to put them down for this just seems wrong.

We obviously communicate on different wavelengths and while I am not willing to lump you into a category as you so easily did with me I am done with this. Be who you will be and when we reach the end of our journey maybe we all will undestand a bit better.

Paul

Edited by mrsushi66

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Our case has been sent to the NVC for "administrative processing" and I STILL check the USCIS website several times per day. Old habits are hard to break!

The only thing that a touch meant to me was that our case had not been sucked into a black hole...traveled through a worm hole and ended up in a parallel universe! Other than that, it didn't mean much. But it DID feel good when we were touched!

BTW, Clare...Rong and I do the webcam "thing", too! They are wonderful inventions... :P

-------------------------------

ticker.png

02/25/2006 Met Rong in person in Shenzhen, China

03/25/2006 Sent I-129F package to NSC

04/04/2006 Touched - received NOA1

07/03/2006 Touched - received RFE - IMBRA form

08/12/2006 Received NOA2 letter in the mail today!!

08/30/2006 NVC received case and assigned case number

09/07/2006 NVC sent case to China - Guangzhou Consulate

12/03/2006 Rong received P3 package!!!

01/11/2007 Rong received P4 and official interview date (soon, very soon!)

02/08/2007 Scheduled date for Rong's interview at Guangzhou Consulate

02/08/2007 Interview went smoothly

02/26/2007 Rong entered the USA via Chicago

03/16/2007 Rong and Steve are married!!

03/30/2007 Applied for AOS and EAD.

06/10/2007 Received RFE - I693A required

07/25/2007 Sent completed I693A back

So rather than post something that difinitively supports your supposition that touches mean something or dont mean something you resort to trying to put down with the flat earth link. While I undestand the concept I think it is rather presumptious of you to put yourself in the same league as those who used sound scientific methods to prove something. This is not about the some grand theory of the universe and this is not about being right or wrong, I have never claimed to be on one side of the arguement or the other and I will not voice my opinion since all it would is lessen someones hope or bolster someones ego.

I do have opinions on matters but when it comes to something as heartwrenching as this I tend to let people come to their own conclusions because my opinion of people going through this are pretty smart and I would never suppose to be smarter than them. If they believe that something happens and it is a positive sign I say good for them, I dont come here saying how annoyed I am or how tired I am of people. People are generally good hearted and well meaning, to put them down for this just seems wrong.

We obviously communicate on different wavelengths and while I am not willing to lump you into a category as you so easily did with me I am done with this. Be who you will be and when we reach the end of our journey maybe we all will undestand a bit better.

Paul

I find it ironic you chose me to target with your vent. I believe this was my VERY FIRST msg expressing my view on touches and it wasn't even a direct post on touches, it was more to correct the OP about touches being updated when one changes passwords. I wanted to correct that mis-information.

While I support those who think touches don't mean much, I don't voice this opinion of mine often. In fact, this was my first time. So I fail to understand why you chose me as your target.

But no matter, I'm not a meak person. I don't easily scare away.

For the record, I haven't put anyone down with regards to touches. I posted to correct the mis-information about password changes causing updated touches. Had I wanted to comment on the annoyance of touches directly, I would have done so.

AOS I-485

I-751

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

N-400

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...

Why would anyone care if someone believes in a touch?

Devilette had a NOA1 of 5/5/06 and was NOA2 Approved 7/27/06 that's a cool 80 days!!! During IMBRA times that rocks!!!

Sirlancelot is an NOA1 - of 7/24/06 Why would you even know about touches yet? Im 7/26/06 but know my touch was about the filing and waiting period after they received my petition. How kind of you to give out words of July NOA wisdom and your touch of reality of how the system realy works. It realy is like Santa Claus! If you believe, then presents will follow:)))

I have read many posts from recent NOA2 approvals encouraging people with March and April dates through CSC that recent touches must mean an imminent approval!!! These are the same NA-Sayers But one big difference, They have now their NOA2's and God bless them for that:))) Yes some have received NOA2's in SNAIL MAIL with no Email. But Most have had a change of status with alot of activity on their USCIS accounts.

Either way, I will wait! If i see a touch I will tell my girl about it as we both wait for every moment of life to play out its scenes until we are together again. I will keep on watching all of YOU for your approvals. I don't so much as care about the "Touches" but love to hear about the approvals.

This post was not meant to "diss" Sirelancelot or Devilette. My point is that what ever changes and gives us a "TOUCH" or what ever words of help VJ'ers can give you, this is what life is all about:) It's realy about words of Encouragement! Every Man has his idea of the future, The future will not be played for the Man who has no plan.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I was approved and never touched!

I;m not happy with this thread.

I never crawl out of my observers hole for controversy. But enough of this.

I know touches mean nothing, but by GOD I keek checking, because there is nothing else. Don't tell me you older VJ'ers never went through this. This board is for support not damning the newbies.

Nuff said.

I'm in no way damning the newbies. I was telling them that touches don't mean anything.

Some newer VJ members are misinforming people as if they can see into USCIS' crystal ball & predict approvals, after a touch, and that's impossible to say.

Sure we check/ed but it doesn't mean I thought i get approved every time I saw one!

Touches obviously do "mean something" it means the USCIS is working on the file, and a "touch" could lead to an approval, no one knows when and if this is going to happen. So, just as the newbies can't predict that an approval is coming, you can't predict that one is not coming. Just let people be happy about their touches, geeezzzz

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
This post was not meant to "diss" Sirelancelot or Devilette. My point is that what ever changes and gives us a "TOUCH" or what ever words of help VJ'ers can give you, this is what life is all about:) It's realy about words of Encouragement! Every Man has his idea of the future, The future will not be played for the Man who has no plan.

:thumbs: It certainly does mean something - at the very least it means your petition hasn't been lost or forgotten which does happen to some. That was what I was most worried about and it was comforting when I saw that my file had been updated for the first time. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.