nottoolong

Just received my NOA1 today, now a question...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wasn't expecting the hard copy to come so soon after the e-mail. Nice surprise today! I have an RFE question though. I have an FID card that is presently in the process of being renewed. During their background checks in VT, will that put up a red flag? I wouldn't think so as it's only an FID card and not a license to carry and I enjoy target shooting with my father occasionally. I have no criminal history whatsoever.

Thank you for any input!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wasn't expecting the hard copy to come so soon after the e-mail. Nice surprise today! I have an RFE question though. I have an FID card that is presently in the process of being renewed. During their background checks in VT, will that put up a red flag? I wouldn't think so as it's only an FID card and not a license to carry and I enjoy target shooting with my father occasionally. I have no criminal history whatsoever.

Thank you for any input!

Should not even be an issue.

Also for Thailand specific questions or concerns, there is a thread located about 6 pages back in this K-1 forum which is called SAWASDEE or maybe SAWASDEE-3. Something like that. Feel free to learn about the I-129F/K-1/Embassy interview process and ask questions about bringing your fiance(e) to the USA.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Should not even be an issue.

Also for Thailand specific questions or concerns, there is a thread located about 6 pages back in this K-1 forum which is called SAWASDEE or maybe SAWASDEE-3. Something like that. Feel free to learn about the I-129F/K-1/Embassy interview process and ask questions about bringing your fiance(e) to the USA.

Thank you for the quick reply. I wouldn't think so either. I have seen the thread and have used it before, I just didn't think of it when I sent this: ) I will surely refer to it in the future, as I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Thank you again!

you already passesd a back round check to get the FID.

Good point!!

Thank you for the replies too!

Timeline

I dont know what a NOA1 is but it sounds good so congradulations!!!

Thank you. An NOA1 (Notice of Action)is when you receive the hard copy of form I-797, meaning that my paperwork has been routed to the Vermont service center for processing. This is the first of many steps. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.