soon2batexan

AOS - how likely is it that we'll have to interview?

3 posts in this topic

Our case was transferred from the NBC to the CSC on Jan 27th. My Biometrics appt is next week. I've heard that when cases are transferred to the CSC, sometimes they are less likely to make you interview for AOS (at least it was that way once upon a time). Of course I've also heard that interviews are becoming somewhat more common regardless. We included a huge amount of info when we first filed the K-1 so I suppose it's anybody's guess.

Just wondering if anyone had recent experience with this.

There is no one on this forum, that I have seen thus far, that can tell you how likely you are to incur an interview. While cases have shown that getting transfers to the CSC is a positive sign in some cases, it’s not a guarantee that you will not encounter an interview. Sadly, like most facets dealing with immigration, it is a hurry up and wait situation. In reading various posts I have heard many variations of input. Some contend getting transfers to the CSC is 50/50 probability of getting an interview. Some say if you had a K-1 visa, since you already had an interview, it is less likely you will encounter an interview. In summary, no way anyone can know for sure. Nevertheless, I’m sure you will prevail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}