amaloveskofi

what next after NOA2 at USA embassy in Ghana

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

what happens next when u have NVC sent to Ghana embassy after NOA 2. i ve been thinkn abt this for a while now, even though i havent received NOA 2 yet, i still want to know so i can be prepared for it. i want to know whether u receive a letter in your mail box or they send am email. if is the mail box then i dont remember including my mailbox number when filling the forms. somebody please explain the processes to me. thnk u

I-130 for mom

04/09/2016- filled i-130 for my mom. Mailed to Chicago.

04/11/16. - package delivered.

04/13/16. - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to regional discussion forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

what happens next when u have NVC sent to Ghana embassy after NOA 2. i ve been thinkn abt this for a while now, even though i havent received NOA 2 yet, i still want to know so i can be prepared for it. i want to know whether u receive a letter in your mail box or they send am email. if is the mail box then i dont remember including my mailbox number when filling the forms. somebody please explain the processes to me. thnk u

You usually get an email first for NOA2 and then hard copy mail You would have had to added an address for posting when you sent in 129F

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Ama,

I am the petitoner. I received a letter that the petiton was approved and was being forwarded to NVC. Once I knew that I was calling NVC like twice a week or more to find out if my package was sent to Ghana. Once NVC do their checks they will send to US Embassy in Ghana. I sent a email to the embassy in Ghana and they let me know that they had recevied it and that the beneficiary was sent a letter to pick up package 3/4. they also instructed that if he has not receive the letter that he could pick up his package on 08/25/10 and to bring a copy of the email they sent with I.D. the package includes all the forms and instructions of what to do next. All the forms we receive in our package were expired. make sure to check for that. If they are expired go online and get the up to date forms. For the DS 156 you will fill that one online anyway. I will post a link to the forms later.

Edited by MensahLuv

Timeline

Hi Ama,

I am the petitoner. I received a letter that the petiton was approved and was being forwarded to NVC. Once I knew that I was calling NVC like twice a week or more to find out if my package was sent to Ghana. Once NVC do their checks they will send to US Embassy in Ghana. I sent a email to the embassy in Ghana and they let me know that they had recevied it and that the beneficiary was sent a letter to pick up package 3/4. they also instructed that if he has not receive the letter that he could pick up his package on 08/25/10 and to bring a copy of the email they sent with I.D. the package includes all the forms and instructions of what to do next. All the forms we receive in our package were expired. make sure to check for that. If they are expired go online and get the up to date forms. For the DS 156 you will fill that one online anyway. I will post a link to the forms later.

thank u so mensahluv, i am the beneficiary. so now i shldnt worry abt them posting anythn to me in the mailbox whch didnt provide.

I-130 for mom

04/13/16. - NOA1

Timeline

Not really. My fiance did eventually did get the letter, but it was after he took the email response from my inquiry to pick up his package. Your Petitioner should get the approval (NOA2) at his mailing address. I cant think of anything else that got mail so you should be good. I am assuming you did put your home address on there. For my fiance it was 2 different addresses which probably is the same for you. Mailing addresses are different from the physical address in Ghana right? They did not provide a space for both addresses so we attached a cover letter with our package explaining our mailing and physical address. To play it safe you can have your fiance call and explain the situation and maybe they can add your mailing address. Once approve just make sure you send email to the ghana embassy to inquire about the staus of package. Send your inquire to ivdvaccra@state.gov Here is a sample email of what to include:

I John Doe, the petitioner am writng to inquire to whether my I-129 petition for K1 Visa was receive at post: ACCRA, EMBASSY OF THE U.S VISA UNIT IN ACCRA GHANA? The case number is ACC0000000. The Beneficiary is Ama Love, Birthdate May 16, 1980.

Timeline

Here is the site wher you will find the forms DS 156k and the DS 230 :

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/visa/index.htm

You will see the details of what forms are required when you recive you package 3/4.

For the DS 156 you can use this link and schroll down to the bottom to access the form:

http://evisaforms.state.gov/default.asp

If you have more questions feel free to send me a message.

Edited by MensahLuv

Timeline

Not really. My fiance did eventually did get the letter, but it was after he took the email response from my inquiry to pick up his package. Your Petitioner should get the approval (NOA2) at his mailing address. I cant think of anything else that got mail so you should be good. I am assuming you did put your home address on there. For my fiance it was 2 different addresses which probably is the same for you. Mailing addresses are different from the physical address in Ghana right? They did not provide a space for both addresses so we attached a cover letter with our package explaining our mailing and physical address. To play it safe you can have your fiance call and explain the situation and maybe they can add your mailing address. Once approve just make sure you send email to the ghana embassy to inquire about the staus of package. Send your inquire to ivdvaccra@state.gov Here is a sample email of what to include:

I John Doe, the petitioner am writng to inquire to whether my I-129 petition for K1 Visa was receive at post: ACCRA, EMBASSY OF THE U.S VISA UNIT IN ACCRA GHANA? The case number is ACC0000000. The Beneficiary is Ama Love, Birthdate May 16, 1980.

thank u so much. i think my fiance should call them so we can explain to them and then give them the mailing address. because in Ghana here there is no way u can have a mail delivered right at your door step. it doesnt happen. do u in any way know the number we can contact them on. the California service center so my fiance can call. thank u

I-130 for mom

04/13/16. - NOA1

Timeline

thank u so much. i think my fiance should call them so we can explain to them and then give them the mailing address. because in Ghana here there is no way u can have a mail delivered right at your door step. it doesnt happen. do u in any way know the number we can contact them on. the California service center so my fiance can call. thank u

Call 1-800-375-5283. You will need your case number, which can be found on the NOA1 letter. Also check this link out. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ddce0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=ddce0b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Timeline

Your fiance should also email and ask them to email a copy of the pick up letter. My fiance never got the pickup letter from the embassy, but since I had asked them to send me a copy, I could tell him when to go and pick up his packet. (after the noa2 goes out and Ghana receives your case, they will send out a pick up letter telling you when to pick up your packet. However, mail in ghana being what it is, you may not receive this, especially since your physical address is on the application and the post office probably won't deliver there). It is very hard to get through on the phone to anyone at the embassy, but they normally do respond to email, even if sometimes it takes a while.

Jen and Babs

Psalm 20:5

1/01/2007 - First date

2/04/2010 - I-129F sent

2/08/2010 - NOA1

3/30/2010 - NOA2 Approved!!

4/07/2010 - NVC received

5/12/2010 - Packet picked up/interview date assigned

10/25/2010 - Finally back in Ghana to visit!

11/01/2010 - Interview--mostly positive, but consular officer requires cosponsor

11/24/2010 - 3rd appt.--Finally have all documents in. Result-Administrative Processing! Consulate says they will contact my fiance

05/18/2011 - Admin processing complete! Babs is asked to appear at the embassy on the 25th.

05/25/2011 - En route to the embassy, Babs is robbed on the roadside. His passport and other papers are all stolen. After filling out a police report, he arrives at the embassy a little late, and they allow him in to speak to the CO, even though he has no valid ID. Thank God! The CO gives him another appointment on June 15th, to bring a new passport and also an updated police certificate.

06/14/2011 - New passport (expedited) ready.

06/15/2011 - The CO finds a missing stamp on the new passport. Sends Babs back to the passport office and tells him to return in the afternoon. All is taken care of. VISA APPROVED!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!

06/24/2011 - Visa pick up date--told to return on the 30th.

06/30/2011 - Babs returns but doesn't get the visa. Back in AP!

10/05/2011 - Embassy brings Babs back with updated medical. Approved!! CO sets pick-up for only 2 days away, so as not to delay him any longer.

10/07/2011 - VISA IN HAND!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.