^_^

Census 2010: Latino Numbers Soar in Texas

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

DALLAS—Latinos accounted for 65% of Texas's population growth over the past decade, and for 95% of the increase among its rapidly expanding under-18 population, numbers likely to amplify the group's political clout for years to come in the second most-populous state.

Data released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau show that Texas ... became more urban and more Latino from 2000-2010. Non-Hispanic whites ceased being the majority, shrinking to 45.3% of the population from 52.4%.

The minority population grew by 38% while the white population rose by 4%. The counties where Dallas and Houston sit lost white residents.

State demographers calculate that a larger chunk of the past decade's growth came from births rather than migration, which had been a driver in prior years. This is boosting the number of Latinos who are U.S. citizens and thus eligible to vote.

Residents from states such as California, Florida and Arizona seeking job opportunities also contributed to Texas's population bulge, according to Lloyd Potter, the state demographer.

Daisy Bolivar represents both the growth of Latinos and the influx of migrants: Her parents immigrated to New Jersey from Colombia, and she herself moved to Austin in 2006 for a job.

"The economy was not picking up in New Jersey and I wasn't able to buy a home," said the 34-year-old Ms. Bolivar. "I told myself, 'I have nothing to lose, but an adventure to gain.' "

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703561604576150772005192358.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

the Latinos are fine (minus the horrid parenting in stores), but the hippies from California... They are starting to get REALLY annoying around here.

They come to the state looking for opportunity because Cali = FAIL and then they bring their idiotic politics with them? These people don't get why their state was failing that they left....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

How so? I'm curious.

I know you made a broad reference to policies but I'd like to hear an actual anecdote or two.

demanding ineffecient things like streetcars in yuppie areas while 'claiming' it was for the poor (which got stopped finally).

More 'bike paths' taking up space on the road. Also a serious attitude problem when they encounter a car (either on foot or bike).

Birkenstocks everywhere.... Lots of them! I tell ya! It's all so EVIL!!!! :lol:

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

demanding ineffecient things like streetcars in yuppie areas while 'claiming' it was for the poor (which got stopped finally).

More 'bike paths' taking up space on the road. Also a serious attitude problem when they encounter a car (either on foot or bike).

Birkenstocks everywhere.... Lots of them! I tell ya! It's all so EVIL!!!! :lol:

hmm.

i like streetcars when the density is sufficient for it to make sense but bike lanes on roads are just evil.

Edited by \

Timeline

hmm.

i like streetcars when the density is sufficient for it to make sense but bike lanes on roads are just evil.

I'm ok with streetcars when they don't block traffic.... They are horrible in Toronto for instance.

The design they wanted to do here was fine, BUT it was just in a yuppie living/shopping area while they were trying ot say this would help 'poor' people get around, when it was no where reaching any lower-income neighborhoods. They wanted to put it in an area where everything was already within walking/biking distance and with the wealth of the young crowd that lives there, they could have 'smart' cars all too for inner-city driving.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

I'm ok with streetcars when they don't block traffic.... They are horrible in Toronto for instance.

The design they wanted to do here was fine, BUT it was just in a yuppie living/shopping area while they were trying ot say this would help 'poor' people get around, when it was no where reaching any lower-income neighborhoods. They wanted to put it in an area where everything was already within walking/biking distance and with the wealth of the young crowd that lives there, they could have 'smart' cars all too for inner-city driving.

I hear you. Upper middle class and wealthy yuppies do like to push for things they like and try to pretend it's for the poor. I've seen it here too.

There's actually a proposal near my place to have a streetcar put in to a busy part of a very congested avenue. The proposal makes a lot of sense but is going nowhere (I suspect) because the township makes too much money right now on people who are parked illegally (for lack of a choice).

I'm ok with streetcars when they don't block traffic.... They are horrible in Toronto for instance....

:ot: but then, everything in Pigtown is horrible! :ot2:

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Census 2010: Latino Numbers Soar in Texas

Considering that I recently read that a Pew Hispanic Center study has determined that 25% of foreign born in the USA are here illegally, I'm not surprised. The number has to be even higher in border states like Texas. Along with 7 illegal alien amnesties, Temporary Protected Status for illegals, chain migration policy, high birthrate in this demographic, etc., etc.

Yes, that demographic soars because the USA does not have a secure border, has insane chain migration policy, has an equally insane policy of rewarding illegal immigration through promises of repeated amnesties, birthright citizenship, etc.

Stupid policies have stupid consequences. It is past time to quit being stupid.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995