kutakendra

I-134 hint

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys. This may be in here, somewhere, but I have a lawyer for this abyss, and I am gathering my Embassy paperwork. I sent a rough draft to him yesterday of my I-134. It seemed pretty easy to fill out. I was specific about the last line "support" related. I was told that all my work was fine, but needed to change that section to read exactly, and only:

All expenses including but not limited to his visa expenses, airline tickets costs to come to USA and US domestic travel, lodging, boarding, food, incidental expenses and health insurance.

I don't want to lead anyone wrong, so any senior members feel free to comment, but this isn't some fly by night lawyer. It is a real person, in a real office.

Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it is fine but I don't think it really much matters.... have not heard anyone have issues with the I-134 because of what was or was not written in that section

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Since I-134 is used at the consulate this is an Embassy / Consulate topic. MOVING....

Use the example I-134: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

You do not alter the form, and you do not list any expenses on the form.

Here is link to London: http://london.usembassy.gov/faffidavit.html

The consulate is only concerned with income, and if it is enough to support an immigrant, you do not need to list assets unless income falls below 125% poverty line, then use assets to make up the short fall, assets are only worth 1/3 income.

The consulates treat I-134 like a "light I-864" so prefer the same evidence attached to it as you would an I-864.

I-864income.jpg

I-864Income-1.jpg

I-864Taxes.jpg

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

The example form on this website shows the final question being answered "N/A - K1 visa process for permanent residence". Which was my thinking: this form is really being used to make sure that you will be able to file an I-864 once married and your spouse is adjusting status. It is not really concerned with specific support being provided on this trip. I guess you can write whatever you want, but you don't need to write anything :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.