Inky

Crocs in Canada VS Crocs in the US (medical settings)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone in any kind of medical setting that wears crocs?

When I lived in Canada, most Vets, Vet techs and nurses I saw wore crocs to work.

Now having been to 2 diff hospitals plus a base clinic and 3 different Vet clinics I notice that no one I have seen seems to wear crocs? Having just got my job at the Vet clinic i'm at now, i'm a little apprehensive about wearing them and the cement floors are killing my feet in regular shoes!! I find it odd that they seem to be so widely used and recommended in Canada and not in the US? Did something happen with them and crocs get a bad rep so people don't use them anymore?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know many (human) hospitals have banned some of the crocs, as some models of holes in them, which isn't allowed. I dont recall seeing anyone on our unit wear them either

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok obviously this isn't a topic about what I was thinking it was about. I was trying to figure out where the hell Canada had crocs unless it was one of those Crocodile farms or something. I know they have the fresh water crocodiles in Florida in the far south near the keys, but common, Alligators don't even live up past South Carolina/North Carolina border, how could crocodiles who need even warmer weather live in Canada.

Then I was boggled reading vet people wear crocodiles on their feet to work and how that was legal. Apparently, these are a type of shoes not made of crocodiles. I learn something new every day. Though still funny picturing vets wearing live crocodiles on their feet...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

Ok obviously this isn't a topic about what I was thinking it was about. I was trying to figure out where the hell Canada had crocs unless it was one of those Crocodile farms or something. I know they have the fresh water crocodiles in Florida in the far south near the keys, but common, Alligators don't even live up past South Carolina/North Carolina border, how could crocodiles who need even warmer weather live in Canada.

Then I was boggled reading vet people wear crocodiles on their feet to work and how that was legal. Apparently, these are a type of shoes not made of crocodiles. I learn something new every day. Though still funny picturing vets wearing live crocodiles on their feet...

lol!!!!

I know many (human) hospitals have banned some of the crocs, as some models of holes in them, which isn't allowed. I dont recall seeing anyone on our unit wear them either

I knew about the holes ones not being allowed but they have many without holes and special grip bottoms. Its weird because I see a lot at my work wearing ones with the sort of running shoe mesh and thats even worse for needles to go right through etc..

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that the two hospitals in the city that I work in do not allow any of their staff to wear crocs, for two reasons. First and foremost, as Flames said, the holes in them create a hazard. Secondly, they are the most god awful, butt-ugly creations known to mankind.

Timeline

The medical office in Ontario I worked at, we were NOT allowed to wear crocs.

<3 FireRay's Wifey. <3

11-??-2005 : Met Ray in EverQuest2

USCIS
12-26-2009 : Marriage
1-07-2010 : Filed I-130
1-08-2010 : Package Recieved
1-12-2010 : NOA1
3-12-2010 : NOA2
*I-130 was approved in 59 days from NOA1 date.*

NVC
3-19-2010 : NVC Recieved. Case # Assigned
3-22-2010 : E-Mails Given to NVC Operator
3-25-2010 : Received DS-3032 and AOS Bill
3-25-2010 : Applied for EP/DS-3032 e-mailed
3-25-2010 : Pay AOS Bill Online
4-04-2010 : E-mailed I-864
4-08-2010 : EP Accepted/Paid IV Bill
4-12-2010 : E-mailed DS-230
4-16-2010 : All documents accepted at NVC
4-22-2010 : Log in Fail!!
*NVC stage completed in 34 days.*

7-21-2010 : Medical in Toronto
7-26-2010 : INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!
7-28-2010 : Visa received in the mail
8-18-2010 : POE - Ambassador Bridge
9-23-2010 : 2yr Green Card arrived
2-11-2011 : SSN arrived
8-18-2012 : Approx date of removal of conditions

06-2012 : Removal of conditions sent

03-18-12 : 10 year Green Card received!!

Timeline

i am not sure if you are all aware there are all different kinds of crocs nowadays.. they don't all look like this

draft_lens5418572module41546572photo_1245598491crocs-cayman-sandal-green-lime.jpg

http://www.crocs.com/womens-footwear-work/women-footwear-work,default,sc.html

10520_side_060.jpg

18999_side_001.jpg

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Both my younger, better looking, smarter sisters are RN's back in Canada as well and I believe Crocs are not allowed there as well--even the ones without the holes! Many just have that plastic 'back" support which easily falls down, so the shoes do not stay on that well (so I have been told???????)

Most people at the hospital i work at wear regular running shoes, some wear those shape ups,some wear what almost looks like clogs!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Mine have regular shoe backs no straps, its got no holes in it at all either no side vents no top holes nothing. Wonder why no one wheres thos kinds and everyone just talks about the " regular " crocs the ones with holes.

Timeline

Can't imagine how stinky people's feet would be in the plastic ones (even with sockys)

But those last 2 are cute shoes...I may have to rethink the croc situation...before this my opinion mirrored Rob's

i am not sure if you are all aware there are all different kinds of crocs nowadays.. they don't all look like this

draft_lens5418572module41546572photo_1245598491crocs-cayman-sandal-green-lime.jpg

http://www.crocs.com/womens-footwear-work/women-footwear-work,default,sc.html

10520_side_060.jpg

18999_side_001.jpg

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Can't imagine how stinky people's feet would be in the plastic ones (even with sockys)

But those last 2 are cute shoes...I may have to rethink the croc situation...before this my opinion mirrored Rob's

I was the same way but then someone pointed me in the direction of the crocs site and I changed my tune.. they really have some cute shoes..

11292_side_001.jpg

11255_side_001.jpg

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.