ecce

annoying VSC?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

First of all, I found found this to be an invaluable way to get information about the whole visa process. The wait is SO hard, and it's nice to know that I am not the only one waiting for my NOA2 after more than 5 months. Generally, the advice on this forum is that it's good to keep calling USCIS and inquiring about your case, putting in service requests. But at what point, if any, does it become counterproductive to keep calling? If they say "give us 30 days," do you really have to give them 30 days, or would it be worth it to send an email or three?

Last week I contacted my state senator and was able to put in a service request. The senator's office followed up and said that my case was finally adjudicated to an officer last Thursday (the day I put in the service request, so by the way, I really recommend doing that). They said that USCIS has 30 days to respond further so I needed to just wait now. So at least my case is on someone's desk, and I thought it was possible I might see quick action then. But after a week, I am thinking it's probably on the bottom of a big stack. It may or may not help, but I wonder, could there be any HARM in sending a few emails? If I did so, would it mean that they would then tell me they had ANOTHER 30 days to respond to me (i.e., would it "re-start the clock" for having to wait 30 days?) Is it possible they would punish me for requesting again by ignoring my case on purpose? Thoughts are welcome. Thanks.

Like many people, I just feel better when I am DOING something to try to move the case forward. Sitting and waiting each day is agonizing!!

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know if it harms or anything like that but everytime you call or email them they keep a log of it.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I received my approval in 2 weeks after my service request. I would give at least that much time before contacting them again. They always say, 30 days before responding, but so far I haven't known anyone to take that long.

02iqn7wnr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.