Dave & Alyona

Employment question for the K1 petition

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am new here, just starting my journey in the K1 process. My fiancée is from Moldova. I am using a service to help guide us through all the mountains of paperwork and there is one thing that I am still unsure of. My fiancee has only had one job in the last 5 years thanks to school. That job only lasted a few months. Communication between us is sometimes hard between our schedules and the time change, so getting these last few details has taken a few days longer that we would have liked. The service I am using says to just forget about it and put unemployed for the last 5 years. I want to send these documents to her as soon as I can so we can file, but I don't want to do anything that will cause a problem later down the road. How important is one part time job that only lasted a few months? Any ideas??

Also, I know everyone probably asks this...but it seems like there is no reason at all to the wait times for approval notice. I have seen people on here that only waited 5 or 6 weeks and then I see other who waited 6 or 8 months. Is there anything we can do before filing to speed the process up? We are already making sure we send everything they could possibly need, so hopefully we don't get anything send back to us asking for more information. It is just upsetting that we are so excited about being together but the thought that we might have to wait 8 months is really depressing!!

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-04-07

NOA1 hardcopy: 2001-04-16

I-129F NOA2: 2011-06-28

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, in my opinion, it's best to include everything the first time, even if it takes a few extra days at the start.

In terms of timelines, the ones that are taking less than 2 months are usually expedited for fairly serious reasons or because one of the people involved is in the military on the verge of deployment. For the rest of us, 5 or 6 months is the average amount of time it is taking to get our petitions looked at before they get sent to the consulate. It is very discouraging but this is the process we are all going through.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nope, not a good thing to say "Unemployed" when in fact there is an employment history. This can be interpreted by the consulate as misrepresentation, a serious mark that can force a hard denial.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

As far as her employment, it's definitely YES. If she worked and was employed officially, then you gotta put this information on file, even though it was a few months like you said. If it wasn't official, then I wouldn't worry about putting this info.

Yes, it may take up to 8 months, it all depends on your particular case (age difference, how you guys met, how long you both have known each other, and many other factors that the immigration officers take into consideration). I know it's a long time, but it's a part of the process. I would suggest that you keep yourself busy and then 8 months will be here before you know it :) Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.