James and Cynthia

USCIS Sent to NVC with Wrong Consulate

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the NVC today to check on our case. They received it yesterday but have the wrong case # assigned. They assigned a Taiwan case number instead of a Philippines number.

Just as I figured, my fiancee's address was not changed by the USCIS even though they sent me a confirmation letter saying they received my letter and forwarded the request to CSC.

Several months ago my fiancee moved back home after finishing her work contract in Taiwan. I knew she would be doing this when I filed her petition, so I put the Manila for her embassy. When I received our NOA2, it also said Manila. I wonder why someone would take it upon themselves to change it to Taiwan. I suppose I should not have used her Taiwan address when I filed, but I didn't want to be dishonest about anything, especially since her g-325a showed her living there.

Why is it that the USCIS can't even get something as simple as an address change correct. I am very diappointed with the whole process through them. Good thing I called the NVC before they forwarded our case to Taiwan. After talking to them on the phone, sending them an email, and receiving a confirmation email, I hope things are taken care of correctly. I even called them again and they assured me they haven't sent the case yet and things would get corrected. However, they couldn't tell me how long it will take before they send the case to Manila.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.