daveandlirio

Approval on way to Embassy -- Next Step?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, we got NOA2 on August 3rd, NVC received on August 25th and mailed to Manila on August 28th, so what's our next move? I want to be proactive and make sure we are ready. I have read the Packet 4 instructions (from the embassy web page), practiced filling out the forms, and reviewed threads in this forum. What I'm trying to do is make a list of things that will need to be done, add any costs to each item, and then rack-and-stack to see what we can knock out right away. Please let me know if I'm on the right track.

PACKET FORMS/ACTIONS:

APPLICATION FEE ($100)

DS-156

DS-156K

DS-157

DS-230 Parts I and II

I-134

TAX RETURN & W2s (last year)

BANK LETTER (date openend, total deposits for year, current balance)

EMPLOYER LETTER (date and nature of employment, salary, temporary or permanent)

CENOMAR (about $10)

BIRTH CERTIFICATE

NBI CLEARANCE (about $10)

PASSPORT (good for at least 6 months)

VISA PHOTOS (passport style; about $20)

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE (prior meeting, updated intent, continued relationship)

COPY OF I-129F PACKAGE

MEDICAL EXAM ($95)

In addition to the fees listed above, I intend to budget for her to make two trips to Manila - one for Luke Medical and one for the interview. Finally, I am budgeting for her airfare to the US (can't wait)! We are planning for her to get her vaccinations here in the US once she arrives. Please let me know if the above seems to be on track.

Also, for any of you military VJ'ers, do you know if we are still required to submit a "letter from our employer" or a copy of our LES and orders?

Thanks everyone and have a great day! :thumbs:

Timeline

03/13/2006.....NOA1

06/28/2006.....IMBRA Sent

07/08/2006.....RFE Recipt

07/11/2006.....Touched

08/03/2006.....Touched

08/03/2006.....NOA2

08/05/2006.....Touched

08/06/2006.....Touched

08/25/2006.....NVC Receipt

08/28/2006.....NVC Mailed to Manila

116067507481944.gif

for K-1 visa will not need the DS-230. also at some point she will need to attend CFO.

here's a useful link to embassy website if you want to see what the Fiancee Visa Appointment Package looks like.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfivk1.pdf

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

hey dave congrats on the NOA2. I am in the Army and for the letter of employment, I had my supervisor write me a letter in memorandum style with the letter head and stuff. The information he put on there was when I joined the army, when im leaving, benifits of being married in the military(BAH & BAS), also the pay I recieved in my pay grade. I hope this helps.

Timeline

Thanks for the info...is the CFO thing a requirement or a recommendation?

Timeline

03/13/2006.....NOA1

06/28/2006.....IMBRA Sent

07/08/2006.....RFE Recipt

07/11/2006.....Touched

08/03/2006.....Touched

08/03/2006.....NOA2

08/05/2006.....Touched

08/06/2006.....Touched

08/25/2006.....NVC Receipt

08/28/2006.....NVC Mailed to Manila

116067507481944.gif

Timeline

I thought you need to be there to fly back with her. I thought you had to talk to someone about the difficulties of cross cultural marriages. Anyway I plan to be there so they know how serious I am.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
for K-1 visa will not need the DS-230. also at some point she will need to attend CFO.

here's a useful link to embassy website if you want to see what the Fiancee Visa Appointment Package looks like.

Just a small note... Your statement about the DS-230 seems to be correct for the Phillipines, however it is not true for all K-1 Visas. In my situation, Colombia, they require you to send a completed DS-230 when you reply back to the Packet 3, before getting a packet 4.

Reason being... a K-1 Visa beneficiary will possibly become an Immigrant at some point in the process.

Just a small note... Your statement about the DS-230 seems to be correct for the Phillipines, however it is not true for all K-1 Visas. In my situation, Colombia, they require you to send a completed DS-230 when you reply back to the Packet 3, before getting a packet 4.

Reason being... a K-1 Visa beneficiary will possibly become an Immigrant at some point in the process.

i saw that they would be going thru Manila Embassy, as am I. your right about DS-230. should always check with your Embassy to see what's required.

Dave, the CFO is REQUIRED. not by the US Embassy, but by the Philippine govt. she will have to attend a seminar and have her passpot stamped, here's a link to a post with some info about it.

http://www.pinoyinfo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.