dallastexas83

Calling NVC for Case Number-No Sucess Yet!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been trying to reach the NVC for the past week and also just this morning to get my dad's case number. I received an email from USCIS that says they have forwarded my case to NVC and all other q's I will have, I should contact them directly.

Anyway, I spoke to the operator few times and said it hasn't gotten to their system yet and today, an operator told me that no case number has been assigned yet and it should be available shortly. Anyway,she asked for my email address and my beneficiary's email address and told me that I will be informed of the case number through email correspondence. And if nothing arrives in a week, I should call back. Is this a normal process or I should just keep calling them until the case number is given to me on the phone or should I wait for the email? Sorry but I am just getting anxious to get started of the process.

I got an approval last feb. 3 and it's been 11 days since..

Pls enlighten me.Thanks a lot for all your help...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It can take upwards of two weeks for USCIS to pack and ship case to NVC at which point NVC places it on their automated phone system.

If USCIS is the California center, it can take a week just for the package to transit to NVC which is located in New Hampshire, USCIS bulk ships these things together and not on a daily basis.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

that's what i read,too. And also, if I may add, I got an email from NVC from previous inquiry that said, they have received our papers from USCIS. That's why, I wondered if it's a usual timeline and process where they will just inform me of the case number through email instead of calling them? PLs share ur previous experience with NVC.Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

that's what i read,too. And also, if I may add, I got an email from NVC from previous inquiry that said, they have received our papers from USCIS. That's why, I wondered if it's a usual timeline and process where they will just inform me of the case number through email instead of calling them? PLs share ur previous experience with NVC.Thanks.

Yep, they will reply back via email with case number.

To reach the National Visa Center (Immigrant visa inquiries, including assistance regarding the new DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa Application) call: 603-334-0700 or e-mail: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

Email needs to contain Name and Birth date of petitioner and beneficiary and USCIS file number as a way to identify you.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi there! COngrats again on your NOA2! I can feel your excitement! Oh well, you can only wait for that NVC number for now. In my case NVC assigned a number and sent me an email at the same time. It took less than 10 days. Please do not worry - they will email you a number and AOS bill very soon! If I were you, I would keep calling them in the evenings (it seems like they have more news by the end of the day :) Good luck! And be patient now! Everything is going to work for you!

2010-10-04: I-130 Sent for both parents via Express mail in one envelope.

2010-10-08: NOA1 email and text notification received. Both checks cashed.

2010-10-08: Case numbers assigned: both cases sent to California Service Center. Cases available online.

2010-10-15: NOA1 hardcopy received by mail.

2010-10-18: Both cases "Touched" online.

2011-01-21: NOA2 email received. Cases approved in 3.5 months.

2011-01-27: NVC entered both cases in the system. Auto update by phone.

2011-01-28: Called NVC to update my email address.

2011-01-29: NOA2 hardcopy received by mail.

2011-01-31: NVC sent me emails about AOS fee and Choice of Agent forms. Paid AOS fee of $88.

2011-02-01: Sent Choice of Agent forms to NVC via regular mail.

2011-02-02: AOS fee status online: PAID. Printed Document Cover Sheet.

2011-02-03: Mailed 2 forms (for both parents) I-864EZ, Affidavit Of Support to NVC.

2011-02-04: Called NVC: Choice of Agent forms received on Feb 3, 2011

2011-02-07: Called NVC: IV Bill fee is ready to be paid. $404x2 paid for both parents online.

2011-02-08: IV Bill fee status online: PAID. Printed Document Cover Sheet.

2011-02-09: Received email from NVC asking to complete an Application for Immigrant Visa.

2011-02-12: Mailed DS-230 packets for both parents to NVC via express mail.

2011-02-14: Recieved USPS confirmation that DS-230 packets were delivered to NVC on FEB 14, 2011.

2011-03-01: Called NVC: they received DS-230 and biographic data on FEB 28, 2011.

2011-03-11: Both cases completed!

2011-03-26: Received email from NVC: interview for parents scheduled for May 9, 2011 in Warsaw, Poland.

Timeline

thank you for the information. i will keep calling until i get the case number i think:-)

Btw, i have another question, if i may.. the form ds-3032 which can be sent through, will it also require an actual signature of the beneficiary or is it enough if the benefiary's name and contact info. is provided at the bottom, like for this one below;

Sincerely yours,

<Beneficiary's Name LAST FIRST MI>

Telephone: <Beneficiary's Telephone>

Email: <Beneficiary's Email>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.