SweetApple08

USC sponsoring parent

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

I am preparing I-130 for my friend, he wants to sponsor his parents (he is USC). The problem that we have is that his father has wrong birth date on marriage certificate (it was mixed up with another person) but everything else such as passport, BC, school diplomas everything has the right Birth date. Because the person is from Albania (where pretty much everything is very messed up as far as government offices go) even if he gets a court order to try to change that Birth date on the Marriage certificate, the Division of the Vital Records of his city refuses to change anything on the OLD register (such as correct their own mistake. This mistake was not noticed before since thy really didn't need this certificate until now (which is about 40 years later).

So what do we do in this case? Sent is the I-130 like it is with right Birth Date and Marriage certificate that has wrong birth date alone or should we tackle this problem before we apply and write a letter explaining the mix up?

I-130 Sent : 08/15/2006 F2A (spouse of LPR)

I-130 Approved : 03/29/2010

AOS data section: Filed I-485 & I-765 (more details see About Me section)

04/30/2010 - Mailed out

06/02/2010 - RFE

08/11/2010 - Interview Date - APPROVED

08/23/2010 - Green Card at Home :)

Hubby's USC

Service Center : Dallas TX ; CIS Office : New York City NY

05/29/2010 - Date Filed

06/08/2010 - Email & phone mess with case number.

06/07/2010 - Checks cashed

06/11/2010 - NOA Date

06/21/2010 - Biometrics letter

07/07/2010 - Biometrics appointment

11/11/2010 - Interview Date

Waiting for interview letter

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So what do we do in this case? Sent is the I-130 like it is with right Birth Date and Marriage certificate that has wrong birth date alone or should we tackle this problem before we apply and write a letter explaining the mix up?

It's not uncommon for such an issue in second/third world countries.. but it happens even in the best of countries. Guess it is just easier to correct. If i was in your friend's position I would submit the Case with the correct birth date. You would have provided the Passport, Birth Cert. with the correct information. IF your friend have any other documents that would help then they could reference this. I think a brief letter should be included with the initial submission explaining the error and the friend should be fine.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.