Matt and Evieve

Medical

21 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was told by someone who went through medical 5 months ago and she told me to bring 6 pcs of 2x2 passport size and US visa pic. Are they really gonna ask that? I've read this http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221658-st-lukes-medical-exam-walkthrough/ (St. Luke’s Medical Exam Walkthrough) but it didn't say anything about it, just to bring 2 pcs of 2x2 passport size. So, I would like to know those who just went through medical in St. Luke's, what are the requirements? Do the requirements differ if you are a K1 or Cr-1?

Thank you!

God bless you!

Evieve

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

I dont know if there is a difference for CR1 & IR1, but my wife and stepkids who were IR1/IR2 gave St. Lukes three (3) pictures each. They were there just last January. Also,according to her the embassy did not ask for any additional ones during the interview earlier this month. Just her experience, hope it helps.

Hello,

I was told by someone who went through medical 5 months ago and she told me to bring 6 pcs of 2x2 passport size and US visa pic. Are they really gonna ask that? I've read this http://www.visajourn...am-walkthrough/ (St. Luke's Medical Exam Walkthrough) but it didn't say anything about it, just to bring 2 pcs of 2x2 passport size. So, I would like to know those who just went through medical in St. Luke's, what are the requirements? Do the requirements differ if you are a K1 or Cr-1?

Thank you!

God bless you!

Evieve

You will be needed/ asked for 3 passport size photos total.

Good luck on your medical!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

we brought 4 at the time when they said it was the requirement....but they only took 3...the requirement it now 2 pictures but if you read it there will be 3 needed...I think they screwed up on the embassy site.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

What should I bring to my medical examination?

•Appointment letter sent by the National Visa Center or an e-mail confirmation from the Visa Information and Appoinment Service.

•Appropriate medical examination fee.

•Passport (valid for at least 6 months)

•Two colored pictures (2 inches x 2 inches) with a white background(two are for the visa and one is for the medical report).

I would also recommend that your wife bring a pen and something to occupy her time just like the walkthrough says.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Just get the photos done before you go there..you can get them done right across the street from St. Lukes, but I bet they are more expensive than if you got them taken elsewhere before you got there.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

I went to a mall and they have like immigrant visa pictures packages. The examples they showed me include one that is not facing the camera (sideview photo). Is this really correct or do they really know the requirements in the US embassy? Cause they asked me if for US or UK and they showed me that package. I wasn't sure so I didn't do it.

Please shed a light on this?

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

it is in packet 3:

11. VISA PHOTOS. You must bring three (3) color photographs; two are for the visa and one is for the medical report. Size and format specifications must be strictly observed: Photos should measure 2 by 2 inches (roughly 50 mm square) with a white background and the head centered in the frame. The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm) with the eye level between 1 1/8 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo. See

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3746.html and http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Photo%20Guide%2010-01-04.pdf for detailed instructions.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Packet%204%20_appointment%20packet_%20English%20rtf%20_revised%20GSS_%20_2__001.pdf

they have to be straight on photos with a white background...check the link for the photoguide included in the quote.

For our Full timeline

event.png

it is in packet 3:

11. VISA PHOTOS. You must bring three (3) color photographs; two are for the visa and one is for the medical report. Size and format specifications must be strictly observed: Photos should measure 2 by 2 inches (roughly 50 mm square) with a white background and the head centered in the frame. The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure between 1 inch to 1 3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm) with the eye level between 1 1/8 inch to 1 3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo. See

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3746.html and http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Photo%20Guide%2010-01-04.pdf for detailed instructions.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/306605/atienzalb/Packet%204%20_appointment%20packet_%20English%20rtf%20_revised%20GSS_%20_2__001.pdf

they have to be straight on photos with a white background...check the link for the photoguide included in the quote.

Yea, I've read that too. That's why I was surprised by that photography company who showed me their immigrant visa pictures package. Thank you so much for your time! God bless!

Thank you everyone for replying. I am excited for next week's medical exam :)

God bless you all!

As couple of side notes:

K-1ers should get a few extra passport photos because they will need them when they adjust status in the U.S.

Passport photos are much less expensive in 'Pinas.

Yea, I've read that too. That's why I was surprised by that photography company who showed me their immigrant visa pictures package. Thank you so much for your time! God bless!

Thank you everyone for replying. I am excited for next week's medical exam :)

God bless you all!

No problem. Good luck!

For our Full timeline

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We received our email from USCIS on Feb 15 that we were approved and it is being sent to NVC. I called on Feb 16 and NVC had already recieved it and gave me the MNL#. I waited a week and never recieved a letter or email from them so I called back and was told that it was mailed out to the embassy on Feb 17 and I still have not recieved the email or letter yet. Is the letter that important to have when going to the medical or can my fiance just take the MNL# and NOA2 copy with her and be admitted inside for the medical?

Yes she can just take the NOA2 and manila case number. (that is what my wife used and had no issues along with many other members here) That will allow your fiancee to do the medical at St. Lukes Medical Extension. If they question her, just have them tell them she is doing an advanced medical. The actual appointment letter probably wont come until like 2 days before they say the medical is "scheduled" and a week or so before the actual interview. (that is what happened with our interview appointment letter)

All the other requirements are above.

Also you might want to have your fiancee read the walkthrough here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221658-st-lukes-medical-exam-walkthrough/

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.