Rictodd

Blue RFE Update #2

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

Thank you all. Sounds like the K-1 has finally been approved. My SO forwarded me a scan of a document she recieved from the Consulate with a box checked approved. They are asking her to go back to Guanzhou with her passport, or a family member or designate. Also said three days possible wait time for the visa package.

Monday or Wednesday from 1:30-3:00 in the afternoon. No appointment necesssary.

Until I hold her in my arms I'll be cautious. Sounds like it's on and she needs to start planning her trip here. I'll meet her in Chicago, When she gets here. She wants to fly from Beijing, so maybe a little more time to wait.

Thank you all again,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congrats on Visa. Check out FlyChina.com for flights Beijing to Chicago. I have used that site twice now, good search engine. Best of Luck...

April 2008 Met online ..................... March 2010.. 3 week visit......... 19 Nov...Sent DS230 & I-864

April 2009 Met in Chongqing .......... 09 March 2010 .. Marry.................17Dec...NVC lost 230 and 864

04 May 09 Apply K1 .................... 10 April .. Apply CR1....................20Dec..NVC found 230

18 May 09 NOA 1......................... 20 April... NOA1...........................28Dec..sent more 864 docs

16 Sep 09 NOA 2......................... 06 Oct..... NOA2...........................2011

08 Nov 09 P3................................... 21 Oct..... Have Case #..............21 Jan...SIF

06 Dec 09 P4............................... 30 OCt..... Have DS-3032...............26 Jan .. CC

29 Dec 09. Interview..................... 1 Nov..... email Ds-3032...............1 Apr, 3 week visit

29 Dec,,,,No Visa.......................... 1 Nov......paid AOS.......................4 May Interview.Approved..

9 Aug 2010 I-129F ended.............. 5 Nov......paid IV.........,,,,,,,,,,, ..... 28 June, Received Visa

............................................................................................................22 July, arrive USA..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Actually for flights I would recommend having her check Asiana Airlines from her end. If she buys a one way ticket from China the price will be much cheaper. Americans pay higher prices, because we can, but withing China the price is lower (in most cases). Case in point, my friend recently paid about $595 for a one-way from Shanghai to Chicago (with a stop in Korea). Just food for thought.

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

When my wife came from China we used elong.com (Chinese site) for her ticket and it was cheaper than flychina or vayama.

Congrats !

Visa K1

NOA1 02/23/09

NOA 2 07/14/09

NVC out 07/24/09

P3 08/17/09

P3 Out 08/19/09

P4 09/10/09

Interview date:10/20/09...We are Pink!

Visa Picked up 10/22/09

Stateside Feb 3rd. 2010. POE: JFK

Married Feb 20th, 2010

===================================

AOS sent 4/6/10

NOA1 4/13/10

Biometrics 5/7/10 (Appointment Letter Recvd 4/27/10)

I485 transferred to CSC 4/30/10

Email received, AP and EAD approved 6/17/10.

AP received 6/25/10.

EAD received 6/28/10

Email, Card production ordered 8/16/10.

GC in Hand 8/27/10

=========================================

I-751 Mailed 6/22/12

Biometrics 7/20/12

Approved 2/14/13

GC in Hand 2/21/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

cool - sounds like she received a 'call in letter' - she'll show that to the security goons, they'll let her in to the IV unit, drop off the passport.

Before she goes, make sure she knows the holiday schedule for GUZ IV - it's CNY time, currently.

*** moving to ' K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports' forum ***

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you all for your well wishes.

She's planning on going back to Guangzhou next week (too many people traveling after CNY). She has a friend who is a travel agent that usually arranges her travel for her, but I'll let her know about elong.com. I know she was planning on Asiana Airlines, probably end of March beginning of April.

Thank you all again,

Eric

Timeline

Actually for flights I would recommend having her check Asiana Airlines from her end. If she buys a one way ticket from China the price will be much cheaper. Americans pay higher prices, because we can, but withing China the price is lower (in most cases). Case in point, my friend recently paid about $595 for a one-way from Shanghai to Chicago (with a stop in Korea). Just food for thought.

Garfield,

Thanks, she is planning on flying Asiana and %575.00 sounds about right to what she told me (I think it was around 4300 rmb), She can fly from Chang Chun to Seoul then to Chicago. She also checked the advice about elong.com, but it was more.

I'd like to take you up on the offer of your wife chatting with her when she gets here. I think she may be starved for some Chinese conversation. I think she's a little apprehensive about the "unkown" new life here, and I don't blame her. That is a huge change to move from one country and culture to another you don't know too much about, and the language is different than you are use to expressing yourself with.

Thank you,

Eric

what's a call in letter, is it a special priviledge? please advice :D

SERVICE CENTER : California

CONSULATE : Manila

MARRIAGE : Feb 15, 2010

I -130 SENT : April 26, 2011

NOA 1 : May 1, 2011

TOUCHED : May 5, 2011

NOA2 : August 1, 2011

Our I-130 was approved in 92 days from our NOA1 date.

CASE NUMBER ASSSIGNED : Sept. 12, 2011

EMAILED DS3032 : October 6, 2011

AOS FEE BILL PAID : October 11, 2011

IV FEE BILL PAID : October 24, 2011

NVC received AOS and IV packs = Nov. 3, 2011

NVC RESPONSE = Nov. 8, 2011 - RFE for missing proof of relationship with co-sponsor

Mailed RFE file = Nov. 9, 2011

NVC received RFE = November 14, 2011, 9:54 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

CASE CLOSED = Nov. 18, 2011 :D

MEDICAL EXAM = Dec 20-21, 2011 = PASSED!!!

INTERVIEW DATE = January 6, 2012 = APPROVED!!! ----Our interview took 250 days from our I-130 NOA1 date.

VISA PRODUCTION = January 6,2012

VISA DELIVERY = January 11, 2012

POE = Feb.18, 2012

SSN Received = Feb 25, 2012

GC received = April 5, 2012 (incorrect data entry :((, sent back April 9, 2012)

CORRECT GC RECEIVED = August 22, 2012, granted IR1 (10 year gc)

that's where our USCIS process ends for now.. will wait for the next 3-4 years what we'll do next...

9choykrk1el55.png

um4z3ia1n.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.