*boricua.esposa*

PLS Help

8 posts in this topic

I got a problem filing PART 7© of N400 form.

I am currently in S.Korea with my husband who is a military. We came here non-command sponsored although we have been acknowledge by his command to legally stay here under SOFA/a-3 visa.

Since I am still here, I dould not fill up the part "Date returned to the United States". Should I leave it blank?

pleas help. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

to live life to the fullest with my man and our kids

U0oAPTzlzvo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not sure if this is required but did you file an N-470 prior to leaving the USA to preserve residency?

Also an I-131 if out of the USA for longer than 1 year.

Also I think Residency time stops while away and then continues when you return, as well as still requiring you to be physically in the USA for 18 months of the 3 years.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Not sure if this is required but did you file an N-470 prior to leaving the USA to preserve residency?

Also an I-131 if out of the USA for longer than 1 year.

Also I think Residency time stops while away and then continues when you return, as well as still requiring you to be physically in the USA for 18 months of the 3 years.

do i need that? i think time of residency is waived under 319 (b).

U0oAPTzlzvo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

do i need that? i think time of residency is waived under 319 (b).

OK mad me look it up, N-470 and I-131 not a requirement.

However, N-400 needs to be filed before your leave the USA.

N-400ResReqMil.png

http://www.uscis.gov...le/chapter4.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

OK mad me look it up, N-470 and I-131 not a requirement.

However, N-400 needs to be filed before your leave the USA.

N-400ResReqMil.png

http://www.uscis.gov...le/chapter4.pdf

I have read a post here who has applied 319(b) from overseas the only thing is, he has to go back to the states to for the oath taking.

The reason why i wanna try this route is because we are due for removal of status in june and i will have to fly back to the states with all 3 kids and my husband for the interview so it really is such a pain in the pocket..;)

U0oAPTzlzvo

I had the same problem with that block for N-400 319(b). I did not fill out the date I left to go overseas; I figured that technically I am still in transit and have not completed the "trip". Thus, I will just update the immigration officer during the N-400 interview of my departure and return date (which will be when I enter back into the US for the interview) as they do review the N-400 application again.

I had the same problem with that block for N-400 319(b). I did not fill out the date I left to go overseas; I figured that technically I am still in transit and have not completed the "trip". Thus, I will just update the immigration officer during the N-400 interview of my departure and return date (which will be when I enter back into the US for the interview) as they do review the N-400 application again.

Also, my cover letter clearly stated that I am residing overseas and I used an APO address.

My application did get accepted by leaving it blank and I am waiting in line for the interview at the moment.

In my opinion, you can leave it blank OR just put the date you left the USA with the return date blank for now... just update it when you enter the US for the interview :D

• 2 weeks later...

Also, my cover letter clearly stated that I am residing overseas and I used an APO address.

My application did get accepted by leaving it blank and I am waiting in line for the interview at the moment.

In my opinion, you can leave it blank OR just put the date you left the USA with the return date blank for now... just update it when you enter the US for the interview :D

Thanks! That is such a great idea..i will leave it blank then. However, my hubby's contract here is less than year now, like 10 months left but he applied for another year extension but is still pending although he is fully eligible. Can i still go ahead and apply??? HOw much time in your contract u have left when u submit the application?

U0oAPTzlzvo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.