Love is mysterios

How & where (USA or CO) to purchase airline tickets?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: TN Visa Country: Bhutan
Timeline

Hola to all,

Yes our visa journey is at a point where we need to set a date and buy the airline tickets!

Any suggestions on the most economical way to do this. Do I purchase the tickets (paperless) here in California or must my Colombian fiancee pruchase the tickets in CO?

The flight would be from Bogota and the POE is LAX. I have read that a round trip purchase would be best even though she will not use the return ticket. Anyone been down this path before that could lend their experience?

Mucho gracias,

Don & Nathalia (with Martin in tow)

Sad ending.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Hola to all,

Yes our visa journey is at a point where we need to set a date and buy the airline tickets!

Any suggestions on the most economical way to do this. Do I purchase the tickets (paperless) here in California or must my Colombian fiancee pruchase the tickets in CO?

The flight would be from Bogota and the POE is LAX. I have read that a round trip purchase would be best even though she will not use the return ticket. Anyone been down this path before that could lend their experience?

Mucho gracias,

I got the cheapest airfares to US from this website. You just need to contact the phone number and they will email you all info you need. http://www.asaptickets.com/contact_us/. Hope this might help. Good Luck.

Ariane15

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hola to all,

Mucho gracias,

I bought her (our) tickets online from within the U.S. A round trip ticket is not necessary. Keep in mind that the airline will collect the appropriate taxes, which will differ based on the flight origination (in this case Colombia) and she will pay the exit taxes at the check-in counter. Colombia does waive one small fee ($15?) if the travel is booked online. This was my experience with Jetblue.

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It really doesn't matter where you purchase your tix. I decided to go to the interview and bought a round trip ticket for myself and a one way ticket for my husband. Now, I took a chance on this assuming we would be approved and we could leave a few days after.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It really doesn't matter where you purchase your tix. I decided to go to the interview and bought a round trip ticket for myself and a one way ticket for my husband. Now, I took a chance on this assuming we would be approved and we could leave a few days after.

Diana

This is an important point... If you are planning on going too, buy yourself a round trip ticket. The taxes are MUCH lower.

I was a dummy and booked our Colombia to U.S. flight first (as a one-way for both her AND for me), then I went back and booked my US to Colombia flight for the week before (as a one-way also.) Colombia really piles on the taxes for itineraries originating in Colombia, which my return trip (as well as her's, of course) did.. In the end, I ended up having to merge my itineraries before they would let me on the plane to Colombia because the itinerary wasn't showing any proof of return to the U.S. blush.gif

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Hola to all,

Mucho gracias,

Either way is acceptable but with the exchange rate right now you will probably find it more economical to purchase from the states and on a US carrier. As for where to find the best deals? Most of the travel sites are the same on their prices. Personally, and I travel weekly as part of my job, dealing directly with a carrier's web site is my chosen way. Do a generic search on a site such as orbitz and that will get you started. From there find the airlines offering your ideal dates/times and go to the airline site directly for booking. Are you certain POE will be LAX? I am not too familiar with flights from BOG head to the west coast but I don't recall any flights going directly to LAX. I know they have Houston but that's all I recall. Be carefull if you are thinking about a transition flight, such as one that stops in Panama or Mexico City as she may not be allowed to do this without paying other taxes or even having to get a transition visa from that country. Good luck and congrats.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Hola to all,

I went on COPA Airlines' website with my wife's Cedula #, and purchased it on-line (*after* a quick telephone verification by my wife in Barranquilla before any money was exchanged). I wasn't concerned about saving money, just getting her from Barranquilla to Panama City and to Los Angeles Intl and not routing through Bogota due to the long lines and confusion in that airport. The POE lasted approx. 45 minutes (standing in line, mostly). COPA worked with my wife in not charging astronomical fees because of the weight of her two luggage bags.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.