Jimmyzr1

Document Shipping Rates

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the approximate prices of shipping my filing documents to a small town in Mindanao? I think I can send through LBC or Fedex are our options, (I don't know if DHL goes to her town or not). I have shipped a package through LBC with no problems but I need to make sure I have no problems and also save money if I can.

Jimmyz --you can use Fedex or DHL --they can take your documents anywhere in the world but for a price . Fedex is expensive .Usps is cheap but NOT reliable . I saw a post from Faith & Andz here recommending Johnny Air . Here is their post and I am coping it from their post :

give Johnny Air Cargo (www.johnnyair.com) a try. I was nervous about using them at first because I'd never heard of them, but I tried it because it was so inexpensive, and it was just as fast as DHL/FedEx. You just have to send it to one of their offices in the U.S. (I recommend their office in Queens, New York). You can email Analyn Diego at analynd@aol.com or a.diego@johnnyair.com, and she will contact you once you receive it so that you can pay by credit card on the phone. Then, Johnny Air forwards it to Manila and to your fiancee's place. It usually takes about 3 to 5 business days to get to Manila and 5 to 7 to get to another island. Anyway, I hope this can help save some money for someone because it's just as quick as FedEx =).

I called them up today --My fiancee lives in Mindanow also . The closest place they have their offfice in Mindanow is in Davao or Cagayan de oro .They deliver to the house for a $35 fee plus the cost -$8.50 per lb . Call them up and find out more details .Good luck.

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Does anyone know the approximate prices of shipping my filing documents to a small town in Mindanao? I think I can send through LBC or Fedex are our options, (I don't know if DHL goes to her town or not). I have shipped a package through LBC with no problems but I need to make sure I have no problems and also save money if I can.

I sent documents recently by LBC. Took about one week to get to Mindanao, and no problems. I believe the Speed Pouch for documents is around $15, but has to be under 2 pounds. You can check LBC's website for the prices and delivery areas. If your'e in Sacramento should be no problem as there is a branch on Mack Road.

As far as my memory is concern, sending documents from Mindanao to USA costs P1,300 via LBC or P1,400 via Fedex (rates are the same vice versa, I think!). Its something around $40 or more but not more than $50. It would take 3-6 days to get to the recipient and they will provide you tracking number.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Add to that, 1,300-1,400 is good up to a minimum weight of 1 kilo.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent documents recently by LBC. Took about one week to get to Mindanao, and no problems. I believe the Speed Pouch for documents is around $15, but has to be under 2 pounds. You can check LBC's website for the prices and delivery areas. If your'e in Sacramento should be no problem as there is a branch on Mack Road.

Hi Von you're from Sac town too? I live in Elk grove.

Thanks for all of the comments. I just mailed my documents for the interview through LBC for $14.50. They weighed 1.5lbs. Unfortunately I missed their mailing time this morning so they wont go out until Tuesday. They said they will take between 7-10 days to get to her in Mindanao. Fedex would have been $103.40 and would be there by 2/16/11 if shipped today. Since I think she doesn't need to be in Manila until next month I will save doing it this way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.