3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone, i need some of your advice concerning bout my AOS. Ive been here since jan 31, 2010 and we got married on valentines day. Now

im already 1 year with my 3 months baby. Now im just filling my AOS what should i use to my lastname?is it my married name or my maiden name?

i got my SSN which is my married lastname.And my medical exam is also already 1 yr but it says there the expiration on 2012.Do i need another medical examination?

Pls help me.. thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to AOS forum...

1) You WILL need another medical exam, you will need to visit a US Civil surgeon and have a full I-693 done. USCIS only considers foreign medical to be valid only 1 year no-matter what it says on the medical.

2) File I-485, and I-765 using name that you wish to be on your cards, if married name then use married name. Forms have lines for "Other names used" and "name on I-94" there is where you place maiden name. Getting a name change after getting a green-card involves filing an I-90 and paying a $450 FEE.

Dont bother with I-131, your have overstayed the I-94 by well more than 180 days, so WILL be bared re-entry if travel abroad while I-485 is pending, AP wont allow re-entry, or over-ride the bar.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

hello everyone, i need some of your advice concerning bout my AOS. Ive been here since jan 31, 2010 and we got married on valentines day. Now

im already 1 year with my 3 months baby. Now im just filling my AOS what should i use to my lastname?is it my married name or my maiden name?

i got my SSN which is my married lastname.And my medical exam is also already 1 yr but it says there the expiration on 2012.Do i need another medical examination?

Pls help me.. thank you.

If ur SSN card is already in ur married name u can use ur married name now and in all ur legal documents. I am sure u will need another medical here. Find a USCIS authorized civil surgeon in ur area.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.