dallastexas83

How to fill up 1-864 form page 4 #25 if I am not working

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am in the process of getting the I-864 packet done for my father whom I petitioning. Since I am a home maker/house wife, I don't have an income, therefore I use my husband as a co-sponsor and he filled up I-864A for himself along with my 1-864 form.

But I got confused with the form 1-864 I am working on, specifically, the page 4. I put in there that I have $0.00 and put my husband's income on part b. and his current income with his name being my spouse.

Now since we tax filed together, on page 4 #25, there is a federal tax return information part, where it asked for my federal tax returns for the most recent 3 years, now my few questions are; can I go ahead and put the tax info. that my husband had since we filed the tax jointly? Or will I put $0.00 on the tax year 2010, 2009, 2008? Pls help me on this. I appreciate it a lot.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have a question for you? I am filling in form I-864 for my siblings. Did you submit a separate form I-864 for your husband at all? I am quite confused about this form. Thanks. I would appreciate your reply.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,

I have a question for you? I am filling in form I-864 for my siblings. Did you submit a separate form I-864 for your husband at all? I am quite confused about this form. Thanks. I would appreciate your reply.

This post is over 2 years old, and the person that made the post has not been on VJ for almost as long.

I am not sure what you are confused about. It is not exactly clear from your question, but if you are the primary sponsor of your siblings and need your husband's income to qualify, then your husband fills out an I-864A and his income will be combined with yours on your I-864.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.