ScottYana

Russian passport

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So Russia uses a passport for things within the country and then they also have a normal international travel passport. My fiancee turns 20 in August and at that time she will have to change her Russian passport. This is a law in Russia.

We realized that this could be a potential problem just recently. I want to submit the petition as soon as possible and looking at other's average wait times for receiving the K1 visa (5-7 months) that puts us right at the time that she will be required to update her Russian passport.

So my question is... If she comes in July or August and we are married... will she be able to travel back home to change her passport and then come back? or will it be better to just wait until September for her to come after she updates her Russian passport?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So my question is... If she comes in July or August and we are married... will she be able to travel back home to change her passport and then come back? or will it be better to just wait until September for her to come after she updates her Russian passport?

It is not easy to travel at that time as she will be in a status pending Green Card by order of the Department of Justice. This means she will need AP immediately after marrying. It would be best if you wait. Others will come and tell you it can be done, but not easily.

Naturalization N-400

I think she could get it changed before she goes... for an extra $100.

If she waits, she can simply get it changed next time she goes back. There's ZERO reason for a Russian to have the internal passport in the U.S. It's kind of a hassle to do it so she's probably better off waiting until she's there for a long visit.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If she waits, she can simply get it changed next time she goes back. There's ZERO reason for a Russian to have the internal passport in the U.S. It's kind of a hassle to do it so she's probably better off waiting until she's there for a long visit.

that can be a good option. there is like a $60 fine for it, though, but it's not a big deal i guess.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

that can be a good option. there is like a $60 fine for it, though, but it's not a big deal i guess.

+1

she only needs the 'internal' passport for traveling within Russia, all the paperwork for K-1, as well as the medical, interview, and traveling to the US stages, will be done using her international travel passport. It's not really an issue.

Feb, 20, 2010 - engagement

May, 8, 2010 - I 129F SENT

May, 12, 2010 - NOA 1

August, 5, 2010 - NOA 2

September, 7, 2010 - interview, APPROVED!

September, 15, 2010 - POE Chicago

November, 12, 2010 - WEDDING

January, 27, 2011 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

March, 3, 2011 - BIOMETRICS appointment

March, 25, 2011 - EAD and AP approved

April, 4, 2011 - EAD and AP in mail

April, 28, 2011 - AOS interview appointment

event.png

I believe you can go to the Russian Consulate in the States and get assistance if it is needed. Not sure if you are close to one.

Timeline

I believe you can go to the Russian Consulate in the States and get assistance if it is needed. Not sure if you are close to one.

It's possible to get an international travel passport in the Consulate, but you can only get an internal Russian passport in Russia, as far as I know.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

It's possible to get an international travel passport in the Consulate, but you can only get an internal Russian passport in Russia, as far as I know.

:thumbs:

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.