Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Permanent Resident as of 01/04/11 ~ Change in SSS

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone ... I got my adjustment of status approved and have received my GC on 01/05/11. Need to know if I have to call Social Security because on my SS card it states "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTORIZATION"

Should I call SS and have this removed or leave it alone?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter what the card says, but I would update your status with the SS Office and let them know you are now a LPR. If something were to happen to you, the gov will pay different amounts for non-residents (perhaps none in that case) v. legal permanent residents. Also, update your status if you ever get USC, because citizens get more Social Security Income paid to their family should something happen to you. When you are there, they will probably issue a new card without the "work authorization" wording, but the card itself is not the important feature. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China

We visited the SSA office about a year after getting green-card, and had that notation removed. You need to visit office and order a replacement card.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...