Mary1979

I-485 still on Acceptance Stage after 5 months!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello,

I was wondering if someone is still waiting for that long like me...

We applied in August 23 and the NSC is still reviewing our application, after 5 months! The regular timeline for them is 4 months so I called USCIS and they told me just that, your case is now under review and they said I should contact them again by March 4 (2 months after receiving an answer for my inquiry).

We got AP and EAD approved and received already. Called FBI and name check went through the day after we did our FP on October 27th. Since then, no SLUD no nothing...

Any similar experiences?

For what I understand our PD is current and we are EB2.

Thanks for any feedback/advice :)

Filed: Timeline

You are too impatient. Give it some more time - five months is a millisecond in immigration time, and the so called regular timeline doesnt mean very much.

Hello,

I was wondering if someone is still waiting for that long like me...

We applied in August 23 and the NSC is still reviewing our application, after 5 months! The regular timeline for them is 4 months so I called USCIS and they told me just that, your case is now under review and they said I should contact them again by March 4 (2 months after receiving an answer for my inquiry).

We got AP and EAD approved and received already. Called FBI and name check went through the day after we did our FP on October 27th. Since then, no SLUD no nothing...

Any similar experiences?

For what I understand our PD is current and we are EB2.

Thanks for any feedback/advice :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You are too impatient. Give it some more time - five months is a millisecond in immigration time, and the so called regular timeline doesnt mean very much.

You can't say she is too impatient. It's just that from USCIS website the timeframe for AOS is 4 months. And now most of the August filers have approved by now while she didn't get any interview letter yet. It's normal that she's feeling frustrated.

To OP: I can't tell you what to do since I'm not knowledgable enough but there are lots of other people here who will help you. I really understand your frustration anyways. Hopefully you will hear some good news soon.

11/8/10: Medical exam

11/12/10:Get married

11/19/10: I-693 sealed.It means my chest x ray is fine :)

11/20/10: Package [ I-130,I-485,I-765] sent to Lockbox

11/22/10 [Day 1]: Delivered there

11/29/10 [Day 7]: Return receipt from USPS

12/13/10 [Day 21]: Texts and email received [ after 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

12/16/10 [Day 24]: Snail copy received

12/18/10 [Day 26]: Every single form touched

12/20/10 [Day 28]: Biometrics letter received

1/13/11 [Day 51]: Biometrics done

1/24/11 [Day 62]: Biometrcis appointment received AGAIN.!!!!!!!!!I was like #######

2/04/11 [Day 72]: Second biometrics done

2/15/11 [Day 83]: EAD in production.

2/18/11 [Day 86]: Interview letter received, set for March 21

2/22/11 [Day 90]: EAD mailed out.

2/25/11 [Day 93]: EAD received

3/21/11 [Day 118]: Interview but left with no decision ToT

3/31/11 [Day 128]: RFE regarding police clearance

4/13/11 [Day 141]: RFE sent

4/19/11 [Day 147]: Card in production

4/22/11 [Day 150]: Welcome2USA letter received

It took 5 stressful months exactly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Inappropriate post has been removed. It is not acceptable to tell others to get off of this forum. This is an experiential forum and all are welcome to post as long as they are able and willing to offer the benefit of their experience politely and considerately.

Moderator hat off: I'm sorry you are still waiting for your AOS. One of the things you will learn through this process is that patience is a virtue and expecting anything from USCIS in a quick or even timely way is a sure recipe for stress. There are many reasons for a delay in processing, however the current actual rate based upon the data from our members appears to be around 5 to 6 months for an approval. This can change at anytime, and I have heard of AOS been approved in as little as three months - and when I was waiting, the majority were taking over a year. Mine took 22 months to be approved - and no, there were no RFEs or problems and I was approved without an interview. So, I do understand what you are going through :) .

As long as you are still within the processing time as indicated by other members here who show that the majority of those who applied in July only started to get their approvals within the last week or so, you are still on track. Most of the August filers have not yet been approved - they are in the process of being approved and as your application was submitted near the end of August - you are still within the processing time frames and should hear something soon.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

This is an employment-based adjustment. Those things tend to be much slower than family. Up until a few years ago, they used to take more than a year to process.

You can't say she is too impatient. It's just that from USCIS website the timeframe for AOS is 4 months. And now most of the August filers have approved by now while she didn't get any interview letter yet. It's normal that she's feeling frustrated.

To OP: I can't tell you what to do since I'm not knowledgable enough but there are lots of other people here who will help you. I really understand your frustration anyways. Hopefully you will hear some good news soon.

Timeline

Thank you Kathryn! Hopefully we will hear something soon. My question was mostly based in what the University lawyer told us, most of the international faculty applying to AOS prior to us and under same conditions got their GCs few weeks after having done the FP. I know this may take much longer..

Inappropriate post has been removed. It is not acceptable to tell others to get off of this forum. This is an experiential forum and all are welcome to post as long as they are able and willing to offer the benefit of their experience politely and considerately.

Moderator hat off: I'm sorry you are still waiting for your AOS. One of the things you will learn through this process is that patience is a virtue and expecting anything from USCIS in a quick or even timely way is a sure recipe for stress. There are many reasons for a delay in processing, however the current actual rate based upon the data from our members appears to be around 5 to 6 months for an approval. This can change at anytime, and I have heard of AOS been approved in as little as three months - and when I was waiting, the majority were taking over a year. Mine took 22 months to be approved - and no, there were no RFEs or problems and I was approved without an interview. So, I do understand what you are going through :) .

As long as you are still within the processing time as indicated by other members here who show that the majority of those who applied in July only started to get their approvals within the last week or so, you are still on track. Most of the August filers have not yet been approved - they are in the process of being approved and as your application was submitted near the end of August - you are still within the processing time frames and should hear something soon.

Did you have any RFEs in the process? That supposedly bogs things down. I would definitely put in a service request/ do an infopass appointment.

Hi Buttercup212,

No, we did not get any RFEs. We did put a service request and planning an Infopass for next week. Thanks for the suggestion!

Timeline

Hello, that is exactly why I was asking. Taking a look at similar cases I realized many of them have been already approved. We will not get an interview, according to what I have been informed by our university (employer). We will just have to wait for a decision after FP. And thanks for your understanding! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.