mary_motalib

I-130 approved

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok I have a couple of questions. First the I-129f is not approved yet but the i-130 has been. As I understand, the I-864 is for the I-130 and the I-134 is for the I-129f? Am I correct to understand you can not have a co sponsor on the I-134? And if the I-129f gets approved soon and reaches the embassy after an interview date has been set, can he attend the interview for the I-129f and wait for the interview for the I-130 if it is only a matter of a few weeks apart? And what are the chances of getting approved for the I-129f and then to be denied for the I-130? Please hang in there with me, I know I have a lot of questions, but i am so worried about something getting messed up now, and just want to be with my husband, as Im sure you all can understand. I hope I havent asked too many questions at once or caused any confusion, but I need HELP...lol..

Thank you

IR1-CR1 Visa (I-130)

03-19-06 sent

03-30-06 NOA 1

04-06-06 *touched*

07-14-06 *touched*

08-02-06 *RFE*

08-07-06 *touched*

08-08-06 *touched*

08-16-06 Mailed RFE for marriage certificate of foreign language

08-23-06 Received RFE

08-24-06 APPROVED.... FINALLY...YES

09-01-06 Recieved Approval through USPS

K-3 Visa (I-129f)

05-18-06 sent

05-24-06 NOA1

05-27-06 *touched*

06-03-06 *touched*

07-03-06 *touched* *RFE*

08-02-06 Mailed RFE

08-04-06 RFE Recieved

08-17-06 *touched*

08-24-06 Another RFE sent. How much longer now, what else could they possibly need this thime

08-31-06 Recieved RFE was mailed to old address even though new one was updated in the computer

09-01-06 Mailed RFE

09-07-06 Recieved RFE

09-09-06 *touched* come on already and approved it...lol

09-12-06 APPROVED....YEAH!

09-13-06 *touched*

11-02-06 Interview date

N.V.C. I-130

09-07-06 Case recieve at NVC sent out first packet

N.V.C. I-129f

09-19-06 Case recieved at N.V.C. and assigned a case. Said embassy will recieve in 2-4 weeks as soon as security checks clear.

09-21-06 Case sent to Casablanca

6/22/06 - 7-26-06 I leave to Morocco to see my wonderful husband again. I cant wait I'm so excited.

Manila comes to mind as one of the consulates that generally wont accept a joint sponsor for the I-134. I am unaware of the same for Morocco but someone that has experience with Morocco will be able to affirm that.

Many members have had issues with Morocco with being denied and sent back for revocation. Im not sure that if one has an approval on one visa that one should risk another interview in Morocco. Again, members with direct experience with Morocco would be the best bet. (See the Middle East threads in the Regional Forum)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Other Timeline

for the CR1 visa, you'd need the I-864 affidavit of support. NVC will send that to you sometime along the way.

for the K3 visa, you'd use the I-134 affidavit of support. Whether or not a co-sponsor can be used is up to the Consulate. Some allow it, some don't. You'd have to check with someone else whose been thru that consulate.

If the I-130 has already reached the consulate, the I-129F becomes null and void.

If the I-130 petition has already been approved, you're halfway there. Now its your husband's job to make sure that he fills in the visa application forms correctly, and passes the interview.

Remember the stuff you've done so far is just the petitions, which says that You are eligible to sponsor an immigrant. There is still the visa application process, where your husband will be checked and interviewed. If your marriage is genuine, there's usually nothing to worry about.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.