love100

I am a February filer

322 posts in this topic

I know! It's so exciting...

I hit a downer yesterday though. When talking with my fiance I said we may get the NOA2 within the next ~6 weeks, and another 4ish weeks til interview (thank you baby for being from a small island so things go a lil faster there lol) and he said it may be too soon, he won't be ready!! He does not want to come in the middle of summer.. I can't blame him, I do want him to enjoy his island life and friends & family there as long as he can... but it was hard to hear he doesn't want to come as soon as possible and leaves me kinda sad - or that I'm a little crazy for missing him so much. I'm so anxious for him to get here, I need to practice patience & not be so selfish. *sigh* So I am a little less excited to get the NOA2 now.. Lord willing he will probably get his visa and not use it for who knows how long. Regardless, it will be so wonderful to get the text/e-mail from USCIS.

I still check Igor's list and my status at uscis.gov as much as I did the first week!

2-11-11 | I-129F sent

2-16-11 | NOA1

6-06-11 | NOA2

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same here, I was also talking to my fiance and I told him that it hasn't really sinked in seems....it's quicker than what we expected. We haven't really talked about our wedding plans like how's it gonna be when I get there in the US which makes me feel sad sad.gif Seems that for me he's not really interested with this whole process, he'd rather read forum for Heroclix than from this forum makes me feel less excited. But I think it's just one of those tough time when you feel too much pressure that gives us cold feet. I know that God will help us in figuring things out.

It's also summer here in our country and I still wanna go beach-bumming away from the pressure of this whole waiting process, enjoy the last few weeks/months with my family. But of course I also wanna be with my baby for summer last time I went there it was winter and we didn't really get to do a lot of things. I guess you can probably give him more understanding+patience, it's really hard to leave family and place where you became a person let him enjoy. Give him some time and I'm sure he'll be all ready when you get the NOA2....it's really a mixed emotion.

I know! It's so exciting...

I hit a downer yesterday though. When talking with my fiance I said we may get the NOA2 within the next ~6 weeks, and another 4ish weeks til interview (thank you baby for being from a small island so things go a lil faster there lol) and he said it may be too soon, he won't be ready!! He does not want to come in the middle of summer.. I can't blame him, I do want him to enjoy his island life and friends & family there as long as he can... but it was hard to hear he doesn't want to come as soon as possible and leaves me kinda sad - or that I'm a little crazy for missing him so much. I'm so anxious for him to get here, I need to practice patience & not be so selfish. *sigh* So I am a little less excited to get the NOA2 now.. Lord willing he will probably get his visa and not use it for who knows how long. Regardless, it will be so wonderful to get the text/e-mail from USCIS.

I still check Igor's list and my status at uscis.gov as much as I did the first week!

It is a bit overwhelming now, thinking about leaving home and my family and how to pack up all my things, and where I'll live when I get to America and how I'll find a job and a phone contract.. it's all kind of scary now that its become more 'real'! Still very excited though and know its for the best!

I think I'll ask my fiance to call NVC the morning before he leaves to fly here. That way it will have been a bit more than a week since NOA2 and maybe they'll have received it. If not, I guess we will get a calling card and phone from england.

Any of you read reviews on your local consulates?

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

If not, I guess we will get a calling card and phone from england.

Jingo, I'd suggest you sign up for a gmail account. You can make calls to any US # for free from nearly anywhere that has an internet connection (some nations block access to google unfortunately). You can make the call right from your e-mail there and the call quality is usually pretty good. I use this to call home when I travel, fiance uses it to call me, and even when I'm home in the states I use it almost exclusively at home because I don't get good cell phone reception! There is a slight delay because it is VOIP but it's free :)

2-11-11 | I-129F sent

2-16-11 | NOA1

6-06-11 | NOA2

I have a gmail account so I'll check that out.

I only use skype and skype mobile to talk to my fiance so never used calling cards or anything else.

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

2 0 1 2

13 Jan - EAD Approved

24 Jan - EAD in hand

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

Timeline

Can we use skype, magicjack and gmail as our wedding sponsors? laughing.gif I bet everyone here will be happy if that's gonna happen....I'm really excited for you guys, me I'm still waiting getting kindda antsy blink.gif

Using Skype as a wedding sponser is an AWESOME idea

How about this though - Discounted flights for long distance couples!

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

2 0 1 2

13 Jan - EAD Approved

24 Jan - EAD in hand

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

IS it really required to have your w-2 and income tax paper? Im currently going to school on my GIBill, and i just transferred into the Air Reserves. So would I need a co-sponder and if so how would i go about doing that?

02/01/11 - mailed I-129F with Delivery Confirmation through USPS

02/02/11 - I-129F delivered to TX

02/03/11 - received in USCIS and routed to the California Service Center for processing

02/09/11 - Form I-797 Sent to me!

02/14/11 - Received Form I-797

05/17/11 - Received NOA 2

06/01/11 - Received MNL Case Number

07/06/11 - Paid Visa Fee @ BPI Bank

07/07/11 - Medical EXAM

07/07/11 - Made Interview Date

07/25/11 - Interview

07/27/11 - REF (More Paper WORK!)

08/19/11 - Recieved Visa!

08/24/11 - Flight to USA

08/25/11 - In USA

Timeline

yup that's what I read on the previous posts....maybe this can help you...for the Tax transcript I asked my fiance if he can get the past 2-3 years (I hope that can be enought though) you can actually request it here if you need a copy...for the last question let me see if I can find something for you blush.gifblush.gifblush.gif or hopefully other VJ members can help you with that

I hope I can also get my NOA2 soon wacko.gif seems that after all the approvals last week CSC got tired and rested for a bit sad.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was getting all excited, since people with the same NOA1 date as ours were approved, but same old same old. In exciting news, we finalized the purchasing of our new house in the states! So excited about that, I really wanted us to have our own place when I get there, and this one is perfect. Great locations, big, walking distance to everything. Approval any day now would be perfect :)

Timeline

wow that's awesome, you are indeed ready. Nice neighborhood plus your fiance in your arms.....awe! What else can you ask for yes.gif I'm hoping that CSC will grant us our prayers....seems I haven't seen any approvals from CSC this past days except for early last week I must say they were kicking butts! I'm hoping we'll get approved same date at least or pretty soon. I was hoping to spend the summer with my fiance to plan our wedding and of course bum around....I wanna travel a lot with him. How about you guys anything in mind that you'll gonna do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am also a February filer. I just found this site and it is nice to see a place where other filers can share their stories and talk with each other. I received my NOA 1 on 3/2/11, but I have not been able to check the status online. It says that my case can not be found. My attorney contacted USCIS and they confirmed receipt of I-129 and all information was correct. However, the officer stated that they are having problems with the online system and that some cases never get entered or get entered really late. Has anyone else had this problem with not being able to check status?

02/21/11 - Immigration Attorney mailed I-129 F

02/25/11 - I-129F received at Vermont Service Center (VSC)

03/02/11 - Form I-797C Sent to me

03/05/11 - Received Form I-797

--/--/11 - Received NOA 2 (still waiting hopefully not much longer :D )

I-129f Approved! NOA2 yesterday, 23rd May.

K1 Timeline:
I-129F sent 02/05/2011
NOA1 02/16/2011
Touched 02/20/2011
NOA2 05/23/2011
NVC received 06/06/2011
NVC sent 06/07/2011
Embassy received 06/10/2011
Packet 3 received 06/15/2011
Packet 3 sent 06/28/2011
Packet 3 received (embassy) 06/29/2011
Medical 07/11/2011
Interview 08/22/2011 - Approved. Visa received by courier 1 week later.
POE 12/12/2011 (Dallas)
Marriage: 12/21/2011

AOS Timeline:
AOS package (inc. I-131 & I-765) sent 03/21/2012
AOS package received at Lockbox 03/22/2012
NOA's received 03/30/2012
Biometric appointment 04/20/2012 as scheduled
Email notification of interview 04/30/2012
Email approval EAD & AP 05/10/2012
Interview 06/04/2012 (Approved)

ROC Timeline:
ROC package (I-751) sent 03/10/2014
NOA: 03/14/2014

Approved: 06/2014

Timeline

@Chris and Pau - Welcome to Feb Filer kicking.gifkicking.gif For me it went well since I got my NOA1, I suggest you call them again and ask for an update...patience though. I've read a couple of post with same problem.

OMG!!!! kicking.gifkicking.gif Congrats on your NOA2, so happy for you! Were you notified by text or e-mail? For some they didn't get anything just the hard copy in the mail. Way to go Feb Filersgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

I-129f Approved! NOA2 yesterday, 23rd May.

BarnandCean We were notified by email at 00:13 UK time.

K1 Timeline:
I-129F sent 02/05/2011
NOA1 02/16/2011
Touched 02/20/2011
NOA2 05/23/2011
NVC received 06/06/2011
NVC sent 06/07/2011
Embassy received 06/10/2011
Packet 3 received 06/15/2011
Packet 3 sent 06/28/2011
Packet 3 received (embassy) 06/29/2011
Medical 07/11/2011
Interview 08/22/2011 - Approved. Visa received by courier 1 week later.
POE 12/12/2011 (Dallas)
Marriage: 12/21/2011

AOS Timeline:
AOS package (inc. I-131 & I-765) sent 03/21/2012
AOS package received at Lockbox 03/22/2012
NOA's received 03/30/2012
Biometric appointment 04/20/2012 as scheduled
Email notification of interview 04/30/2012
Email approval EAD & AP 05/10/2012
Interview 06/04/2012 (Approved)

ROC Timeline:
ROC package (I-751) sent 03/10/2014
NOA: 03/14/2014

Approved: 06/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.