thang216

Request Interview Information

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello, everyone

Can anyone let me know what other evidences do I need for my wife's interview on March 16 2011. I have gotten 10 year residency, timeline, phone bill, explaination letter, chat photo, honey mood photo, and money reciept. Therefore, I have wish to have more ideas to help my wife pass the interview

Thank you all

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello, everyone

Can anyone let me know what other evidences do I need for my wife's interview on March 16 2011. I have gotten 10 year residency, timeline, phone bill, explaination letter, chat photo, honey mood photo, and money reciept. Therefore, I have wish to have more ideas to help my wife pass the interview

Thank you all

Anything that you feel is important and shows that your relationship is legit. It sounds like you have almost everything, and most of the things that you have they will probably not even look at at the interview, then request them in a blue sheet IF they do not give the pink the first day. I would also say possibly get information on any of her relatives in the U.S. where they live and proof of it, as well as if you are divorced where your ex lives. Possibly even get information on where you will be married if this is a K1, I know you mentioned she is your wife, but many people do that with K1 so I threw that on in for GP.

The most important thing for the interview is for her to stay calm, and be confident, do tons of interview prep, ask her questions that you know she CANNOT answer to try and fluster her, ask funny things as well to get her relaxed during the interview. Just go over everything over and over and over again.

Good luck Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Copy of your visa

Copy of your air plane ticket, reciept of your ticket

if you and your wife stayed at a hotel together, a reciept for that

wedding/engagement invitation

wedding/engagement guestbook (the thing guests sign)

birthday, valentine's cards

bank statements

tax paperwork (returns, w2, 1099, etc)

Pictures, like pictures of your home, parents, your family members, friends, co-workers, your car, your office, your pets, your town.

and everything you have already sent to USCIS/NVC

Timeline

Congratulations on getting the interview scheduled. I hope it will go smoothly.

My wife is still waiting for her interview which I hope will be in March. She's asking me to have a copy of my recent tax return so she can include it as evidence. She wants to have it stamped by a notary. Is this really necessary? Has anyone else done this? It's probably not a big deal to have it stamped, she just wants to be extra sure.

-Michael

K-1 Visa Timeline

October 2008 - First visit with Kha in Vietnam

November 2008 - Proposed to Kha

January 2009 - Sent I-129f petition for fiance visa

March 2009 - I-129f approved

July 2009 - Kha has interview (got blue sheet, need more evidence)

September 2009 - Second visit with Kha (Engagement Ceremony)

October 2009 - Kha went to US Consulate (got another blue sheet, denied visa)

December 2009 - Received notice from US Consulate, they sent docs back to USCIS

March 2010 - Received Notice of Decision from USCIS, all action is concluded.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

February 18-25, 2010 - Third visit to Vietnam, interview for marriage certificate

March 13-21, 2010 - Fourth visit to Vietnam, signed the book for marriage - yes!

April 16, 2010 - Sent I-130 petition for spousal visa

April 23, 2010 - I-797C, Notice Of Action

July 10, 2010 - Fifth visit to Vietnam, formal marriage ceremony and honeymoon!

October 26, 2010 - I-797, Notice Of Action - Approval!

NVC Process

November 12, 2010 - Letter received, case number assigned

November 15, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via email

November 17, 2010 - AOS online payment made

November 20, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via FEDEX

November 23, 2010 - NVC Received DS-3032

December 11, 2010 - DS-230 packet sent via FEDEX

December 14, 2010 - NVC Received DS-230 packet

December 21, 2010 - Received Checklist Cover Letter from NVC

January 6, 2011 - Case Completed

January 8, 2011 - SIF (Sign in Fail)

February 28, 2011 - Received email from NVC, Interview Scheduled for April 28

April 28, 2011 - Wife has the interview and PASSED!!

Timeline

Hello, everyone

Thank you all

Not sure what you mean by chat photo but a copy of chats logs would help. That was the biggest part of the files my then fiancee brought in. Make sure you have various photos of each other on different days in different outfits.

Make sure she knows everything about you there is. Also make sure she can pronounce the names of everyone and the places in the states they will ask her about. I used to tell my wife a lot about me and she knew a lot but I realized that she may know but I hadn't taught her to pronounce the names properly to where the interviewer may understand her so I spent the last week going over that with her.

Timeline

My wife is still waiting for her interview which I hope will be in March. She's asking me to have a copy of my recent tax return so she can include it as evidence. She wants to have it stamped by a notary. Is this really necessary? Has anyone else done this? It's probably not a big deal to have it stamped, she just wants to be extra sure.

-Michael

Hello Michael

It is not necessary to notarize the tax return, therefore the US Embassy just need your income and your bank statment to support your wife. However, if you are lucky, you might have to wait 3 to 5 months the interview date. Because my case had completed by the NVC in 10/06/2010, and they are schedule my wife's interview date next 5 months ahead. Lucky Micheal

Timeline

-Michael

The copy of the tax return does not need to notarized.

Timeline

-Michael

They will not accept it, you can contact the IRS for an official IRS transcript, this is the only thing that the consulate will accept. Just go online to IRS website and request it. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

-Michael

It's really not necessary. The NVC should already have your AOS with your case. If she wants to bring it though, having it notarized is not required.

This is from the HCMC Consulate website:

Evidence of support: The petitioner and/ or Joint Sponsor(s) must submit a complete Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) with original signature and completed tax return for the last year for each principal immigrant applicant. A copy of I-864 is required for any derivative of principle applicant. Please visit USCIS website for further information about I-864 at http://www.uscis.gov

-If an I-864 or I-864A is submitted by a joint sponsor or a household member, he/she must submitted proof of his/her

immigrant status such as a copy of his/her, U.S. Passport, Naturalization certificate, or Lawful Permanent Resident

Card.

-In case your petitioner has already submitted the I-864 to the National Visa Center, you do not need to submit it at

the interview. If not, please have your petitioner prepare it and send it to you for your interview.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

Hello Michael

It is not necessary to notarize the tax return, therefore the US Embassy just need your income and your bank statment to support your wife. However, if you are lucky, you might have to wait 3 to 5 months the interview date. Because my case had completed by the NVC in 10/06/2010, and they are schedule my wife's interview date next 5 months ahead. Lucky Micheal

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I tried telling my wife that's it's not necessary to have it notarized, it would probably make things more complicated. Good idea about bank statement, I can give her a copy of mine before the interview.

Our case was completed on Jan 06 this year, so we were thinking she might get her interview by March or April at the latest. I was really hoping that she can get here visa no later than May. All this waiting is killing me :bonk:

K-1 Visa Timeline

CR-1 Visa Timeline

February 18-25, 2010 - Third visit to Vietnam, interview for marriage certificate

March 13-21, 2010 - Fourth visit to Vietnam, signed the book for marriage - yes!

NVC Process

Timeline

It's really not necessary. The NVC should already have your AOS with your case. If she wants to bring it though, having it notarized is not required.

This is from the HCMC Consulate website:

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

-michael

K-1 Visa Timeline

CR-1 Visa Timeline

NVC Process

Timeline

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

-michael

Michael, remember any tax documents that you submit will not be looked at accept for an official IRS transcript as far as support paperwork goes. W-2's, old tax forms, none of that is accepted. People can fake all of them, so the only thing they accept is an official IRS transcript, this way people would be less likely to lie on it. Also as far as bank statements go that is also not really looked at, you could go borrow money from people prior to getting the bank statement and do a big deposit then pull the money back out and give it back. All of these things have happened in the past which makes them less likely to believe anything. With your first denial, I am sure you are not wanting to risk a second or even be put into AP for more processing while they are waiting for paperwork. I would still submit the bank statement and the w-2's but make sure you do not forget the IRS transcript. Good luck, and hopefully this time gives you a better outcome. Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Michael, remember any tax documents that you submit will not be looked at accept for an official IRS transcript as far as support paperwork goes. W-2's, old tax forms, none of that is accepted. People can fake all of them, so the only thing they accept is an official IRS transcript, this way people would be less likely to lie on it. Also as far as bank statements go that is also not really looked at, you could go borrow money from people prior to getting the bank statement and do a big deposit then pull the money back out and give it back. All of these things have happened in the past which makes them less likely to believe anything. With your first denial, I am sure you are not wanting to risk a second or even be put into AP for more processing while they are waiting for paperwork. I would still submit the bank statement and the w-2's but make sure you do not forget the IRS transcript. Good luck, and hopefully this time gives you a better outcome. Jerome and Binh

I thought they required the past year of bank statements. If not then I sent that in and showing a year of activity shows that you are not putting in a lot of money at one time and then pulling it out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.