Bobby64

admin review

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We went to our interview in Bogota Colobia , the man told us that we are approved for us to go to the Domesta booth and pay our fee ! Then on Tuesday a woman called my fiannce and said it was going to take a little more time , for us to call the Embassy on Wednesday ! Today they said it is under Admin Review , I asked hong long will it take ? The woman repied she does not know ( maybe 1 month , 2months 4 months etc. ) . Tomorrow I will go there to try to get some answers ! Why do they say it is approved , then change their desicion ? What does this mean ? what can we do to get this resolved ? my fiannce is almost 7 months pregnant , and needs to fly to the USA soon , or have the baby here ! HELP ! Robert and Marybel !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We went to our interview in Bogota Colobia , the man told us that we are approved for us to go to the Domesta booth and pay our fee ! Then on Tuesday a woman called my fiannce and said it was going to take a little more time , for us to call the Embassy on Wednesday ! Today they said it is under Admin Review , I asked hong long will it take ? The woman repied she does not know ( maybe 1 month , 2months 4 months etc. ) . Tomorrow I will go there to try to get some answers ! Why do they say it is approved , then change their desicion ? What does this mean ? what can we do to get this resolved ? my fiannce is almost 7 months pregnant , and needs to fly to the USA soon , or have the baby here ! HELP ! Robert and Marybel !!!

It's possible the woman you spoke to on the phone didn't know her a$$ from her elbow. If that's the case then you should be able to get better information with a face-to-face visit to the Embassy.

On the other hand...

At many consulates, the visa approval has one or two more levels it has to pass through after the consular officer's interview. The Fraud Prevention Unit (FPU) can stop an approved visa for further investigation, and the visa section chief can also order a review of an approved visa. If one of these scenarios happened then all you can do is wait, and be ready to respond with evidence if they ask for it.

There have been cases where a visa was issued and the passport sent to the beneficiary, and then the visa was revoked by the consulate. Imagine getting on a plane and traveling to the US only to be told by the immigration officer on arrival that your visa had been canceled. :help:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Wow, that is highly unusual. I have not seen or heard of this from any country, much less Colombia. I was thinking about it and it could be an audit. All agencies of government and most businesses audit things from time to time. They could be checking the path of your wife and just verifying some vital details. It's a long shot and it really suxs for you and her but maybe it happens. keep us informed as to what you discover. Good luck and remember, you attract more bees with honey than vinegar...be polite yet firm.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

If you can, get in touch with a VJ member by the name of jpcanon. He went through something similar last year also at the embassy in Bogota.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.