sheenaspapi

Delta flight issue

39 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing this issue! My husband also booked my flight on February 10 8:05 AM via online too. That's pretty bad. If I'm in your wife's position, I will also get upset and frustrated. So many hardships to get through from papers up to the airline thing. But remember; no pain no gain".

September 2007 - We started chatting

January 11, 2008 - He visited me here in Philippines

January 18,2008 - Our engagement ceremony

July 14,2008 - his 2nd time here in Philippines

August 08,2008 - Our WEDDING

August 2008- December 15 2009 - We lived together here in Philippines.

December 15, 2009 - He went back in Colorado ( my saddest moment)

March 27, 2010 - I-130 sent

April 09, 2010 - NOA1 received

September 18, 2010 - NOA2 received ( major major happiness )

October 04, 2010 - NVC received / case number assigned

October 08, 2010 - Received AOS bill

October 11, 2010 - AOS bill paid

October 15, 2010 - AOS status "paid"

October 22, 2010 - IV- bill received

October 23, 2010 - IV bill paid

October 27, 2010 - IV bill status "paid" DS-230 packet sent

December 01 - 02, 2010 - Medical exam ( passed)

December 17, 2010 - NVC case complete! -)

February 01, 2010 - Interview ( 8:30 AM)

Something else to add:

1. You need to present a photocopy of the front and back of the credit card, with signed authorization and a photocopy of a valid ID.

OP,

When did you purchase the ticket? Has it been less than a week ago? If yes, then unfortunately, my mom said they have a right to insist for it. The length of time between the purchase can circumvent the situation. If the ticket was purchased a short time before the flight, the rule most likely applies. If the ticket was bought well in advance with time for the purchaser to review his credit card statements, the rule may be waived.

Hope that makes sense, this is just what my mom told me.

Thanks for the advice MESSYBROWNHAIR. GAWD!! i will be in trouble if i didnt read this thread. Do you think they will accept scanned copy of authorization?

I think so because you are still leaving next month. Forgot to add that you also need a photocopy of his ID. :)

Edited by messybrownhair
My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

I was on the same early morning Delta flight...I think for the most part Delta hasn't been too bad for me, but after reading this I may alter my plans for my wife's arrival. I would hope that her having my same last name will give her the benefit of the doubt, but just in case I'll supply her with a copy of my credit card.

I really hope the rest of your plans go better!

(PS--The flight wasn't that great...late leaving Manila by almost 30 mins, arriving at Narita only to wait 45 mins in line due to 'increased security measures')

12/29/2009 - - - - -Met on CherryBlossoms

3/12/2010 - - - - - -Arrived in Manila and fell madly in love

3/25/2010 - - - - - -Proposed (of course she said YES!)

3/31/2010 - - - - - -Departed Manila (and the love of my life)

5/22/2010 - 5/27/2010 - - - - - -Arrived in Manila again...we have an apartment together!

8/22/2010 - 9/5/2010 - - - - - - -Arrived in Manila yet again...I love not paying for hotels!

11/23/2010- - - - - Arrived in Manila (Just in time for my birthday!)

1/5/2011- - - - - - - Married!

1/28/2011- - - - - - Departed Manila (doesn't get any easier every time I do this :( )

3/19/2011- - - - - - Arrived in Manila (and off to the island of Leyte)

8/22//2011- - - - - - Wife interviewed for Tourist Visa -- DENIED!

9/16/2011- - - - - - Departed Manila (alone)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What a terrible day. Sheena had a 815am flight on Delta coming to the states finally. She says goodbye to her family, gives her cel phone to her dad and stands in line to check in at Manila. She has been up since 3am and at the airport by 6am.

At the ticket counter she hands her passport and flight info to the agent. The agents wants to see the credit card that the ticket was purchased on before she can check in.

I call Delta and of course there is nothing they can do its their policy in certain cities to prevent fraud. Of course they charged my credit card and got their money.

The ticket I purchased had a $75.00 rescheduling fee plus the ticket difference. Same flight on the 2nd was $40.00 less so it cost only $40.00.

Get this, I still have to go to the closest Delta ticket counter to confirm my credit card and ID before she can fly. Closest Delta counter is Kansas City 2 hours away.

I am so mad, depressed and frustrated. I haven't heard from Sheena since she left the airport. I know she is very upset just as I am. I havent felt this helpless in a long time.

Waiting another few days isnt a big deal considering how long this whole process has taken. I just cannot believe the hassle of this. Her cousin flew Delta 3 months ago and no one asked to see the credit card.

my fiance work in delta,did you purchased your ticket in their official website? maybe you use third party like travelling agency and you purchased the ticket less than a week..messybrownhair is right,if u did this you really need the send her your authorization and copy of your card and id to verify..i hope you can solve this,

I hate Delta, and will never fly them. They pulled out of DFW airport a few years ago. Only 2 plane crashes ever at D/FW and both were Delta.

You do know what Delta stands for:

Don't

Ever

Leave

The

Airport

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

I purchased the ticket online from Delta.com. I called and the first agent said that it didn't make sense and put me on hold. She came back and said that I could not fax it. I must show the credit card with my ID in person at a Delta counter. No copies nothing. 150 miles one way to Kansas City. WTH??

I then talked to a supervisor in Seattle. Nothing she can do. Apparently this was a stipulation of purchasing online but I don't remember seeing it. No where on my itenerary did it state this.

She said she could refund my ticket minus the $100.00 fee. I told them how helpful they are to me with a fee to make money from.

She puts me on hold comes back and stated she refunded me 100% of the purchase price plus the change ticket fee. Takes up to seven days to process.WTH? I dont want to delay her arrival.

Long story short, a temporaru refund showed on my account and I got another ticket on Continental for $30 less leaving at 2315 hrs on the 29th. It is 35 hours total as compared to 21 hours but she doesn't care and she will arrive the 30th at 9PM.

Maybe it was the short notice on the purchase(27th) but a copy of my ID, credit card will not work. This only confirms that someone else posseses your Credit card and ID not that it is you.

I called Continental. No card needed just her passport. They verify with bank of America with Verisign.

It has been very frustrating the last 12 hours.

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry for the hassle that it caused the both of you :( that's why I bought my ticket on cash since I don't have credit cards anymore for the same reason. I know they will check for the ID and the credit card that was used to purchase the ticket. I hope the best for both of you.

Timeline

oh that sucks... but thank you for sharing this experience, we are now aware on that thing. I hope she has a safest trip.

August 16, 2010 - I-129F Sent

August 24, 2010 - NOA1 received (dated August 19, 2010)

XZMsp8.png

Timeline

Thanks everyone for their inputs on this topic. I think I will send money to my fiancee so she can purchase her own ticket, just to be safe. Well, unless I find enough extra money to fly there and bring her back. I would love that.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

I hope no one ever goes thru what we did today. My post above could have been alot longer and detailed. Don't think for a minute that the Delta supervisor just refunded me 100% of my ticket cost without a fight. Of course she said that she cannot waive the $100 refund fee or waive the ticket rescheduling fee blah, blah, blah. I heard that for 10 minutes before she did agree. I think that when I asked her if the last time that she purchased an item online if she had to go to the company headquarters with ID and credit card. She was quiet after that one.Lol.

Read the fine print very clearly and know what you are agreeing too. I could have easily been out $900.00 for a ticket and Sheena stuck in the Philippines while I scrape together money for another ticket. I spent about 30 hours over several days to get that flight schedule at a decent price. Knowing that I had to go searching again was a dreadful task that I wasn't looking forward to.

Ok..... 41 more hours to go!!!

July 12,2010- NOA-1

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

What an ordeal!!!

I am glad its over and so pleased that she will be with you soon! :D

My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

UPDATE

The saga continues.The Continental flight I booked has a plane change in Tokyo after her POE in Guam. Thats right, only one U.S. entry on the K1. Strangely, this isn't listed as a destination on the Itenerary so I thought that she would not have to leave the International terminal there. When she asked in Manila they were not sure so she called me to change the ticket via Honolulu.

Now this is where my experience with Continental reservations differs than what I experienced with Delta who were somewhat rude and flat out stated they couldn't waive any fees.

A Continental rep. named Mrs. Soto took my call. I explained that I had a major issue with a ticket and she pulled up the confirmation. As I told her the situation, you could hear her concern for me and quickly said " lets get her on the Honolulu flight". Bingo!!! No mention of fees or that I made the error but let's just do it!!

Ticketing was a bit trickier since she leaves on the 29th, arrives in Guam on the 30th, leaves Guam on the 30th but arrives in Honolulu on the 29th, leaves on the 29th then arrives in Houston on the 30th jumping across the time zones.

In about five minutes she said she has it and that I need to pay the difference in tax ($10.48) and she would waive the fee!! Yippee!!

On top of all this, she never mentioned the fare difference which I know was over $200.00 more when I purchased the other flight and Sheena will arrive 11 hours earlier to boot!!!! Yeh!!!!

So tonight at work I will write Continental a Email giving them the thumbs up and one to Delta telling them to suck it!!!!

July 12,2010- NOA-1

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

UPDATE

The saga continues.The Continental flight I booked has a plane change in Tokyo after her POE in Guam. Thats right, only one U.S. entry on the K1. Strangely, this isn't listed as a destination on the Itenerary so I thought that she would not have to leave the International terminal there. When she asked in Manila they were not sure so she called me to change the ticket via Honolulu.

Now this is where my experience with Continental reservations differs than what I experienced with Delta who were somewhat rude and flat out stated they couldn't waive any fees.

A Continental rep. named Mrs. Soto took my call. I explained that I had a major issue with a ticket and she pulled up the confirmation. As I told her the situation, you could hear her concern for me and quickly said " lets get her on the Honolulu flight". Bingo!!! No mention of fees or that I made the error but let's just do it!!

Ticketing was a bit trickier since she leaves on the 29th, arrives in Guam on the 30th, leaves Guam on the 30th but arrives in Honolulu on the 29th, leaves on the 29th then arrives in Houston on the 30th jumping across the time zones.

In about five minutes she said she has it and that I need to pay the difference in tax ($10.48) and she would waive the fee!! Yippee!!

On top of all this, she never mentioned the fare difference which I know was over $200.00 more when I purchased the other flight and Sheena will arrive 11 hours earlier to boot!!!! Yeh!!!!

So tonight at work I will write Continental a Email giving them the thumbs up and one to Delta telling them to suck it!!!!

So glad you are on top of everything, some people might have overlooked that!

Can't wait to see you both together, just a few more days now :)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

:wow: Sorry to hear that you are going through h*ll to get your fiancée here. It must be extremely nerve racking for both of you.

I've read about this credit card/ID issue before on these pages. I think it was a PAL flight. At the time, I didn't pay much attention to it because it did not affect Chinook and I in any way. Chinook bought her plane ticket to the U.S. through a travel agency in 'Pinas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.