Lisamarie

Text from USCIS

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just got this text that our case has been updated. I saw the 35842 number and knew it was from them. But our case is at NVC now, we have a case number and I have paid the fees. So I'm not sure what this is. Can anyone tell me? This is what the update says:

On January 28, 2011, your document I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of January 28, 2011, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

On the top of the page there are four circles, none of which have any color...they are:

Acceptance

Initial Review

Decision

Post Decision Activity

When I signed into my account there was a date of today when our file was last updated.

Thank you:)

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I tried to edit and it wouldn't let me, but there is also this:

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

Maybe this is just a normal part of the USCIS process??

I just got this text that our case has been updated. I saw the 35842 number and knew it was from them. But our case is at NVC now, we have a case number and I have paid the fees. So I'm not sure what this is. Can anyone tell me? This is what the update says:

On January 28, 2011, your document I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of January 28, 2011, contact customer service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move while your case is pending, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

On the top of the page there are four circles, none of which have any color...they are:

Acceptance

Initial Review

Decision

Post Decision Activity

When I signed into my account there was a date of today when our file was last updated.

Thank you:)

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I just saw this part: Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

I'm completely confused.....

I tried to edit and it wouldn't let me, but there is also this:

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

Maybe this is just a normal part of the USCIS process??

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I'm not so much worried, but wondering what they would be sending us at this point from USCIS. We are at the NVC stage, so I'm confused at to what this email is.

I don't see what you are worried about? Your case is progressing fine.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm not so much worried, but wondering what they would be sending us at this point from USCIS. We are at the NVC stage, so I'm confused at to what this email is.

It is a generic draft they use for multipurpose, but only edit dates and names to specific cases.

Timeline

Ok, great. Thanks:)

It is a generic draft they use for multipurpose, but only edit dates and names to specific cases.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think you are right to be confused. I'd advise that you contact USCIS and make some enquires. Your case might be getting mixed up with someone else's. Yes they do have their generic letters, but it would relate to your case. Getting the text you described when you are at NVC is out of the norm for IR1/CR1.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Timeline

I think I will do that on Monday, just to make sure. Everything is moving smoothly now, I don't want any setbacks. Thank you.

I think you are right to be confused. I'd advise that you contact USCIS and make some enquires. Your case might be getting mixed up with someone else's. Yes they do have their generic letters, but it would relate to your case. Getting the text you described when you are at NVC is out of the norm for IR1/CR1.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

I called and talked to someone that was very helpful but didn't know anything other than that a document was mailed on January 28th. He couldn't see in the system what the document was that was mailed, and said since we have already been approved and our case is at NVC then maybe it's just a duplicate NOA2 or something.....he really didn't know. So I guess we just wait to find out what it is. :huh:

I think I will do that on Monday, just to make sure. Everything is moving smoothly now, I don't want any setbacks. Thank you.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Still waiting.......I don't know what takes so long since the office is only about 1 1/2 hours from here.....

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.