ryna

Social Security App Question

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

After this trip, we went to CBP and corrected her I-94, then went back to SSA and they updated her app based on the new I-94.

Now are your sure that the SSA office didn't start the whole SAVE process over due to you providing an I-94 with a different name? Because the G-845 was sent with a copy of the old I-94 to verify that name/person.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Now are your sure that the SSA office didn't start the whole SAVE process over due to you providing an I-94 with a different name? Because the G-845 was sent with a copy of the old I-94 to verify that name/person.

Honestly, I have no idea exactly what they did.

At first, she didn't even want to help us because she insisted the application could only be made with a copy of the birth certificate even though we had an acceptable document from each of the required groups and that we were mistaken about the prior application having been accepted until we produced not one, but two receipt letters with a case number (1 in English/1 in Spanish, same ref. no. on each) Then she called over the two people who had signed the respective letters, they had a SSA clerk pow-pow, then she did some typing and said everything was updated in the system and they should have an answer soon (2-3 days if verified electronically or about 2 weeks, if manually) and to call back on Friday or Monday.

We'll know more within a few days...

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dear god,

This sounds like the issues my wife had with K1 / SSN then later SSN after AoS was approved. I am sending off a G-639/Privacy Act Request tomorrow to find out EXACTLY what is in that SAVE database which is causing all the problems.

I had mentioned SAVE to you on occassion - I'm just thankful some one else is doing it, also.

Honestly, I have no idea exactly what they did.

At first, she didn't even want to help us because she insisted the application could only be made with a copy of the birth certificate even though we had an acceptable document from each of the required groups and that we were mistaken about the prior application having been accepted until we produced not one, but two receipt letters with a case number (1 in English/1 in Spanish, same ref. no. on each) Then she called over the two people who had signed the respective letters, they had a SSA clerk pow-pow, then she did some typing and said everything was updated in the system and they should have an answer soon (2-3 days if verified electronically or about 2 weeks, if manually) and to call back on Friday or Monday.

We'll know more within a few days...

ouch.

FWIW, don't call back - go in person 'the next day'.

USUALLY, if no problem, number can be issued to you immediately whilst yer there

or

you'll learn of some new problem.

FACE to FACE is best.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I had mentioned SAVE to you on occassion - I'm just thankful some one else is doing it, also.

ouch.

FWIW, don't call back - go in person 'the next day'.

USUALLY, if no problem, number can be issued to you immediately whilst yer there

or

you'll learn of some new problem.

FACE to FACE is best.

I agree with that but....

I work over an hour away - leaving long before they open and arriving at home long after they close. And, without a car or anyone readily available to take her (and very limited public transportation options), getting there in person isn't always convenient without my missing work. If they can't tell her anything by Monday, we'll be going back... face to face.

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

can drop 'her' off at that office on the way to work, yes?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

She called today and, as of now, nothing has happened. The electronic verification isn't working for whatever reason. I don't know if it's because once the G-845 has already been submitted, electronic verification is blocked even with a new (corrected) I-94 OR if it's because there is now a typo in her first name. I also have no idea if this typo existed before or was created when the I-94 was re-issued.

If it existed before, I'm at a loss because all of the physical documents in her possession are correct and in 100% agreement. If the record containing the typo was taken from the I-94 Arrival Record, I have no idea who would correct that since we have no copy to get corrected. We had thought the CBP correction to the Departure Record would have carried though to the SAVE database. Unless they hand-wrote the I-94 Departure Record card correctly but entered an incorrectly spelled name into the system... who knows??

Bottom line is they (SSA) told her to wait two more weeks because the manual DHS verification should sort out the typo by then.

We'll give them those two weeks, but after that we start getting within a month of the 14-day cutoff where they can't issue a SSN because the K-1 is "expiring" (even though we will have filed for AOS by then.) At that point, we might need an attorney.

I can hardly wait to see what fun times are in store for us during AOS! headbonk.gif

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

One more thought....

I believe that her info is in SAVE incorrectly. She now has a corrected I-94 from CBP with her full name but the only thing we know for sure is that her first name is misspelled by one letter in the system the SSA is trying to submit the application to (but not on the I-94/passport/visa/etc.) I'm guessing this is what is in SAVE, right?

If this isn't resolved within the two weeks, is this an issue that can be addressed though an InfoPass appointment? I'm starting to think this can't be resolved through the two agencies (CBP and SSA) that we've been going to...

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Filed: Timeline

One more thought....

I believe that her info is in SAVE incorrectly. She now has a corrected I-94 from CBP with her full name but the only thing we know for sure is that her first name is misspelled by one letter in the system the SSA is trying to submit the application to (but not on the I-94/passport/visa/etc.) I'm guessing this is what is in SAVE, right?

If this isn't resolved within the two weeks, is this an issue that can be addressed though an InfoPass appointment? I'm starting to think this can't be resolved through the two agencies (CBP and SSA) that we've been going to...

Well if the only reason they won't clear the application is that SAVE has her name off by only one letter, that is OK. A name can be off by one letter total for first and last name and still be considered verified. If that's the case you need to tell them to check POMS regarding verifing through SAVE and what is allowable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.