Milushka

VSC gives me a bitter taste and other question...

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I know that topics about VSC neglecting family based petitions are spreading like mushrooms after the rain :innocent: , but just wish they would realize that obeying all the rules in this case doesnt get much appreciation even by themselves. I am regretting now that being back in states on J1 with my fiance I just didnt go for AOS straight away while being there (which is 50/50 legal action to take, but in most cases does work). I was like " oh c'mon hunny I have perfect travel history and dont want to stay even a day out of status, so I am going back to Russia and we file, it will take 5 months overall". Silly me.

Why USCIS doesnt understand that less people would follow the proper way, watching how other people staying dissatisfied with the process and dettached from their halfs. Ok if it only us (July, August, soon September filers) getting screwed, but if this continues they gotta be prepared.

uhhhh, I had to say it... and once again I would rather go for AOS being in states on other visa.

Q: I am a bit confused, sure not me only, since its taking so long, we are facing to have interview after tax season. Thus would it be essential to have W-2 from 2011 on hand too? Thank you.

p.s. I know I am not at 5 months mark yet, but its like being thrown in a ocean of uncertainty without life jacket on. :unsure:

Good luck !

Edited by Milushka

event.png

09/13/10 - i129f sent to Texas

09/15/10 - received and signed

09/20/10 - Touched

09/23/10 - NOA1 via mail dated 09/15

10/03/10 - Touched

03/24/11 - NOA2!!! email/text on 03/29 (after 190 days)

03/29/11 - NVC received

03/31/11 - NOA2 hardcopy in mail

04/05/11 - MOS # assigned

04/12/11 - NVC left

04/15/11 - Consulate received

06/02/11 - Medical

06/03/11 - Interview (after 261 days) Approved !

06/09/11 - Visa in hand

06/10/11 - POE @ JFK

08/19/11 - Married <3 <3 <3

09/01/11 - AOS sent

09/06/11 - NOA1 for AOS packet

10/03/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
Q: I am a bit confused, sure not me only, since its taking so long, we are facing to have interview after tax season. Thus would it be essential to have W-2 from 2011 on hand too? Thank you.

I think you mean the W-2 from 2010. If your wait goes further than April 15, then you will either need the tax transcript from the 2010 tax filings or a copy of the return plus supporting documents (W-2, any 1099s, etc).

No matter what I would get that 2010 tax transcript (or tax return with W2's) as soon as you can. I've heard horror stories about tax returns on here and I personally would go to the interview with everything I can get my hands on.

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.