John*&*his*GG

going home during k1......

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok just some quick background my fiancee is Filipina living in Jordan on a work visa. She has been there over a year. She is originally from Philippines. She would like to go home to Phil to visit. What happens if we start the K1 process while she is in Jordan and then she goes home either to visit or to stay until she is allowed to be with me in the US, will we have to start the process over? Once we start it in Jordan will she be allowed to go home? Are we gonna have any troubles if she goes home?

Also just an assumption but I imagined it would be easier to get her approved from Jordan than the Philippines, am I right to assume that? I would really like her to stay in Jordan until she is allowed to be here. For flights I know its going to be much cheaper plus she will have work until then and I'm not quite sure she will in Phil. I also think it might be easier for us to get approve by her staying in Jordan for various reasons. Any thoughts?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The petition gets sent to consulate of residence, (Jordan), however, if moves permanently to home country, then contact NVC, or Visa services and inform them of this, and they will get the case sent to Manilla.

Contact numbers here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/about/how/how_1463.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In my opinion its better to wait the petition paper at Jordan before she go on vacation in Philippines like what I did when I'm working in Singapore.. I took my vacation after my K-1 visa was approved at Singapore Consulate,then I flew here.... goodluck

Edited by shescott

Ok just some quick background my fiancee is Filipina living in Jordan on a work visa. She has been there over a year. She is originally from Philippines. She would like to go home to Phil to visit. What happens if we start the K1 process while she is in Jordan and then she goes home either to visit or to stay until she is allowed to be with me in the US, will we have to start the process over? Once we start it in Jordan will she be allowed to go home? (This depends on your fiancee, her employer and the conditions of her employment; it's a personal decision that has little to do with her decision to immigrate.) Are we gonna have any troubles if she goes home? No, you do not have to start over, however, if you guys start the process while she is in Jordan, and she decides she will quit her job or if she gets terminated:

- if the petition has not yet been approved, then you guys will have to request for the approved petition to be forwarded to the U.S. Embassy in Manila; with any luck, there will be no delay other than waiting for the NOA2, and once it is approved it will just be sent to US Embassy in Manila without problems.

- if the petition has been approved and forwarded to the US Embassy in Jordan, you will have to contact the Embassy and request for her file to be forwarded to the U.S. Embassy in Manila...in this case, it could take up to 3 months to be fulfilled (based on what I have read from selected US Embassy websites and posts of Philippine members who have had the same concern previously...a quick search can verify this)

Make a decision where she should be interviewed, then stick with it. There are pros and cons for every decision, just pick the one you both can live with. I can understand it is practical for her to stay in Jordan, since she has a job...immigrating isn't cheap by any means so every shred of money you both can save would be a godsend.

If she wants to visit before starting the visa process, that may be better...so she can get it out of her system.

Also just an assumption but I imagined it would be easier to get her approved from Jordan than the Philippines, am I right to assume that? Would it be easier? Hard to say...it depends on the Embassy's track record in that region. I'd imagine it would be easier for her to be processed in Manila than overseas because there would be little downtime compared to being processed overseas, if you were to take into account the time it takes to request for official documents, police clearances, and other important papers, not including the mailing time. The process is tedious enough without stretching your timeline needlessly. However, if you have trusted friends or relatives who can get these documents to her in Jordan, then you're golden. I would really like her to stay in Jordan until she is allowed to be here. For flights I know its going to be much cheaper plus she will have work until then and I'm not quite sure she will in Phil. I also think it might be easier for us to get approve by her staying in Jordan for various reasons. Any thoughts?

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

Is there a list of documents that she is going to need from Phil? Also when do we need to have them? Is there a timeframe? Like for an example if we are going to file til April can she still get docs now? Like I know she has to have a police record right? When can we get that and that needs to come from Phil? What else do we need to get? and when?

Thanks

Kindly review the VJ Guides for the K1 visa process. On there, you will see what documents are initially required for the I-129F petition, which jump starts your K1 process.

When your NOA2 is approved, the petition is initially forwarded to the National Visa Center where it will be assigned a case number, depending on the Embassy where your fiancee will be processed (it' will start with MNL if it is bound for the Philippines, no idea what the code is in Jordan) before it it sent to Manila or Jordan.

They have different instructions for setting the interview and making visa payments (Manila implemented their new system in December 1, 2010), so you will have to do some research on both. There are also regional forums on VJ so you can get some insight from Philippine members and Jordan members.

Here is a link to K1 visa instructions

in English

in Tagalog

This will contain the list of documents she will need to prepare before her interview date. Some requirements she can obtain way in advance, some she must wait to secure until she knows when her interview is...because if she tries to secure them too early, many months may pass and she may be asked to secure them again. Such documents include the NBI clearance and CENOMAR; it's best to secure them closer to the interview date so the information is current. Since she is a resident of Jordan, she will need a police clearance there; if she decides to leave Jordan to do the process in Manila, then you guys have to check what the US requirements are for securing a clearance in Jordan based on the reciprocity table listed on the Department of State website.

Is there a list of documents that she is going to need from Phil? Also when do we need to have them? Is there a timeframe? Like for an example if we are going to file til April can she still get docs now? Like I know she has to have a police record right? When can we get that and that needs to come from Phil? What else do we need to get? and when?

Thanks

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

When it says "Each K1 applicant" that's just my fiancee right? It doesn't include me?

Applicant means the person getting the visa, you are a US citizen and not getting a visa only non-us citizen is the "Applicant", when they say "each" they mean the K-1, and then any K-2 child also getting a visa. It says "Each applicant" not "Each K-1 Applicant"

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Applicant means the person getting the visa, you are a US citizen and not getting a visa only non-us citizen is the "Applicant", when they say "each" they mean the K-1, and then any K-2 child also getting a visa. It says "Each applicant" not "Each K-1 Applicant"

Thanks

Timeline

BTW this is where is says each k1

"DS-156K NONIMMIGRANT FIANCE(E) VISA APPLICATION. Each K1 applicant must submit one (1) completed copy of this form. This form is not required for K2 applicants. Download form at http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html."

That question may be best answered by Philippine VJ members based in the middle east...please visit the discussion board and try a quick search...am pretty sure that has been addressed before.

Where can I find this for Jordan? Or is it the same?

Edited by marriedtomrg

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.